Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

n2o... Why don't we see much of it?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2009, 01:38 PM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Indy Evo

It's on the list of mods we are going to try over the next few months.

sweeeet! Wanna share any more info? How much, how you plan to do it?
Old Aug 28, 2009, 01:38 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
140 trap speeds and good spool --HTA3586 / 6262?? all spool well before 6 grand Only turbo that is really that laggy is the 6765
Old Aug 28, 2009, 01:42 PM
Evolved Member

i will agree on it not wearing the motor anymore then more boost. If its setup right, you would never be able to tell the difference if you took the motor apart. Its just making more power.
I just look at it as an ease of use thing. No less of a hassle then tuning for E85 and actually finding it at the pumps though, or with meth. I just choose not to mess with it anymore cuz it was a headache most of the time and turbo was easier for me at that time.
Old Aug 28, 2009, 01:44 PM

I always wanted to use n2o myself. I would like it to spray at the bottom and the top end to have a more liner power band. would be nice to hit boost and it never let off!! venom makes a kit that u can program to spray when u want i think. What do ya think??
Old Aug 28, 2009, 01:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by xceler8rob
....meth!
Originally Posted by AWD_Terror
x1000
but you like meth is easier??

you have to tune for it just like n2o

you have to monitor it like n2o

you have to make sure your tank is full like n2o

at least meth has a fail safe
Old Aug 28, 2009, 01:48 PM
Former Sponsor

It's still pretty early on how and when we will use it. Right now it's sitting in the cabinet with all the other stuff we need to try. It's a universal Wilson wet kit that I will be making Evo specific. There are jets to go from 50 to 150 in 25 HP steps. It is activated by the TPS through a programmable box. In all it's a pretty basic system. Once finished it will be available through 9sec9.com.

Last edited by Indy Evo; Aug 28, 2009 at 01:51 PM.
Old Aug 28, 2009, 01:50 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by AWD_Terror

As stated before, Nitrous IMO is a pain in the A$$ to run. Too much worry about bottle pressure. Plus the extra tuning involved with a turbo car is a little more involved IMHO.
Bottle pressure? This is solved by simply using somthing called a bottle warmer.

Originally Posted by 1nastyMR
Evo are going 8's without nitrous and boost only so why bother? not to mention nos causes alot of failures due to people unable to tune w/ it. I'm also pretty sure the more and more you spray your motor the weaker it becomes and causing failure on its own.
And constantly running more than factory boost on GT35Rs, FP Greens and Reds day in and day out doesn't wear out engines? Neither do bad tunes on just turbo setups alone?

The fact of the matter is most sheeple are scared of nitrous, maybe because they have watched Fast and the Furious films way too much. Nitrous, for the most part, "tunes" itself so long as you have the jet sizes calculated correctly, which can easily be done with helpful sites online. Nitrous is a cheap, and very cost effective way to get alot of power, especially on a factory forced-induction application. It can also be very safe too, so long as you are careful and the install is done properly.

As far as cost and wear and tear goes, I'm willing to bet that using spray ONLY when you actually intend to race/run, versus having a large turbo/supporting mod vehicle, the nitrous fed car will generaly live a longer life due to not getting beat on with high boost pressure as often.
Old Aug 28, 2009, 02:01 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by TalonTuner4G63
Bottle pressure? This is solved by simply using somthing called a bottle warmer.

And constantly running more than factory boost on GT35Rs, FP Greens and Reds day in and day out doesn't wear out engines? Neither do bad tunes on just turbo setups alone?

The fact of the matter is most sheeple are scared of nitrous, maybe because they have watched Fast and the Furious films way too much. Nitrous, for the most part, "tunes" itself so long as you have the jet sizes calculated correctly, which can easily be done with helpful sites online. Nitrous is a cheap, and very cost effective way to get alot of power, especially on a factory forced-induction application. It can also be very safe too, so long as you are careful and the install is done properly.

As far as cost and wear and tear goes, I'm willing to bet that using spray ONLY when you actually intend to race/run, versus having a large turbo/supporting mod vehicle, the nitrous fed car will generaly live a longer life due to not getting beat on with high boost pressure as often.
This fits into our cheap HP project. We just ran high 11's with a poor 60' with an air filter, MBC, and a 9sec9 tune. With just a 50-75 shot it would put us at our 11.50 goal easy.