Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Utec, Vishnu, Reflash...What to do???????????!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2003, 06:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Im in a similar situation i want around 300 - 325 whp. Im going to do the turbo back, gears, maybe intake. Now i dont have the knowledge to tune the car or the time. I also need the car drivable. I had a utec on my stage 4 wrx for around six months and loved. i used a downloaded stage 4 map and drove great everyday, great product and when i parted the car out i got almost all my money back from the utec. But right now for me im now leaning toward the dynoflash, i wish i had the money to go with the exede but with the price of 895 and then to get it custom tuned it will be over $1200. So 450 for a flash i think will be perfect and pruven in not that far from me.

Al what can the boost me set to with the flash, and does it hold to redline?
Old Oct 21, 2003, 07:17 PM
Account Disabled

Originally posted by Pitbul09
Im in a similar situation i want around 300 - 325 whp. Im going to do the turbo back, gears, maybe intake. Now i dont have the knowledge to tune the car or the time. I also need the car drivable. I had a utec on my stage 4 wrx for around six months and loved. i used a downloaded stage 4 map and drove great everyday, great product and when i parted the car out i got almost all my money back from the utec. But right now for me im now leaning toward the dynoflash, i wish i had the money to go with the exede but with the price of 895 and then to get it custom tuned it will be over $1200. So 450 for a flash i think will be perfect and pruven in not that far from me.

Al what can the boost me set to with the flash, and does it hold to redline?
we don't raise the boost - it goes to 19 psi peak stock - we simply retard the boost taper and stop the ecu from pulling the boost down to 16 psi as it does on the stock car

Our set up ususlaly pulls between 18 - 19 psi to red line
Old Oct 21, 2003, 07:24 PM
CJK
Evolving Member

Dynoflash and anyone else:
I would like;

Power: Close to 400whp (don't know if that is reliable or not...if not, I will go lower)

Driving: I drive that car hard occassionally...often Maybe future Auto cross (That's a big maybe)

Fuel: 92 Octane

Tuning: Don't have any experience there, could learn from local guys who have ran Utec on their WRX's, but to iffy for me.

Warranty: I know I would probably void warranty if I replace the turbo, exhaust, clutch, flywheel, yada yada

Idel: Would like to stay close to stock, considering I will be driving this everyday until I can afford to buy another car.

Budget: When I have money, and have done enough research I will buy parts...don't know how much I want to invest...only time will tell
Old Oct 21, 2003, 09:28 PM
Account Disabled

Ah - he already has posted about it in the vishnu forum - Xflash - nice name - now the Exede can take its place in the trash bins

Reflash is the best method for tuning evos period
Old Oct 21, 2003, 09:38 PM
Evolving Member

Quick question.

Dynoflash - are you maintaining that your flash isn't dealer-detectable? Or would I have to ship my ECU back to you, have it flashed back to stock, then returned to me?

I think you offer an excellent service for people who live close to you, but it's probably not for everybody who just wants more power from a daily-drivable perspective.
Old Oct 21, 2003, 10:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by DynoFlash
Ah - he already has posted about it in the vishnu forum - Xflash - nice name - now the Exede can take its place in the trash bins

Reflash is the best method for tuning evos period
Nope. You're wrong on both accounts. You'll see why late next week,

Cheers,
shiv
Old Oct 21, 2003, 10:35 PM
Account Disabled

Originally posted by shiv@vishnu

Nope. You're wrong on both accounts. You'll see why late next week,

Cheers,
shiv
I know what ever products you release will be good ones - best of luck with them !
Old Oct 21, 2003, 10:36 PM
Account Disabled

Originally posted by DefBringer
Quick question.

Dynoflash - are you maintaining that your flash isn't dealer-detectable? Or would I have to ship my ECU back to you, have it flashed back to stock, then returned to me?

I think you offer an excellent service for people who live close to you, but it's probably not for everybody who just wants more power from a daily-drivable perspective.
I say this - it isnt dealer detectable by common methods - - if they hook up a reflash equipment to it then they will be able to tell - thats why i offer a free reflash back to stock for any reason at any time and then a flash back to your standard program
Old Oct 22, 2003, 09:45 AM
CJK
Evolving Member

Hey Dyno Flash, I answered what I wanted as far as mods goes, but I didn't get any real feedback as what suggestions you would give me..."I offer any prospective evo owner free advice and consultation on the best mod path for thier goals."

You seem to be caught up in the WAR between you and Shiv...I have been reading the post on his web page....and personally, both of you guys should just let your work speak for itself...those customers who insult each of you really don't know enough about tuning like the both of you do...so why waste your guys' time and answer potential consumer questions

Seems like us consumers out here have a lot to choose from...considering what is going on between Al and Shiv.
Old Oct 22, 2003, 06:02 PM
CJK
Evolving Member

bump