Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Recomended oil for evos

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2009, 11:39 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Recomended oil for evos

I was wondering is there a specific oil to run in your motor after you start throwing mods and upgrading the turbo and internals...im currently running royal purple and cant find anything on here that says if it is or isnt good for my set up?

sorry if a repost
Old Sep 4, 2009, 11:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
i use AMSoil 20w50. but its a built motor. but if you want the best your best bet is to look at the AMSoil line and find the one that is right for you. best lube money can buy. even better then KY.
Old Sep 4, 2009, 11:47 PM
Account Disabled

yea its built...bored over to 2.3 been running on royal purple for awhile i just seem to think nobody either know or heard of using it in a set up...ill look into the amsoil line
Old Sep 4, 2009, 11:51 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by KBgottaEVO
yea its built...bored over to 2.3 been running on royal purple for awhile i just seem to think nobody either know or heard of using it in a set up...ill look into the amsoil line
IMO get rid of that crap. i would not put that in a blown up lawn mower to sell it to a bum.

i have seen a motor with stock fluid ''10w30 mobile 1'' stock motor 65k changed every 2. to 3k ''<-my stock motor'' miles VS a stock motor 63k miles changed every 3k with that crap in it and the motor ''under the valve cover'' looked like pure crap. black slime like stuff. very dirty. <- friends car

this is what i saw. i dont like that stuff. but it does look cool poring it into a car.
Old Sep 5, 2009, 12:00 AM
Account Disabled

point taken....im on amsoil site now looking through their inventory for a full synthetic...should i stay with the 10w30 or get something thicker?
Old Sep 5, 2009, 12:04 AM
Evolved Member

point taken....im on amsoil site now looking through their inventory for a full synthetic...should i stay with the 10w30 or get something thicker?
well your best bet is to talk to your motor builder. find out what type of bearing clearances you have and see how tight or loose the motor is. for example a tight motor with thick oil well u get the idea and vis versa . this is how i was tought. some may just say put this or that in. but imo its best to put in whats best for the car. whats nice about AMSoil is the additives that are in there oils and how well they perform and hold up VS other brands.
Old Sep 5, 2009, 12:12 AM
Account Disabled

the builder of my motor here actually put the royal purple in....and said it was good ya know
im driving it now no problem just something that came across while i was at work...but im glad i know sticking with the 10w30 should be good for the motor...but im deff switching over to the ams reading through their site tells me alot of what their oil has to offer and next to its competitors how it ranks....
Old Sep 5, 2009, 12:17 AM
Evolved Member

the builder of my motor here actually put the royal purple in....and said it was good ya know
im driving it now no problem just something that came across while i was at work...but im glad i know sticking with the 10w30 should be good for the motor...but im deff switching over to the ams reading through their site tells me alot of what their oil has to offer and next to its competitors how it ranks....
if he put in the RP stuff then its probably ok to run whatever it was 10w30 or whatever. AMSoil imo you will notice a big improvement over that RP. contact apage01 i be leave his name is on evoM. he is a dealer for AMSoil. and has great pricing on the stuff.

also i dont know if you care. but me personally i run either a stock or WIX filter. might want to look into that too.

if you go with AMSoil do us a favor. report back on a comparison. im sure you will give it an A+
Old Sep 5, 2009, 12:21 AM
Evolved Member

here you go. a link to the guy i was talking about. i was a bit off. haah.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ve...l-must-go.html

sorry Andy. ''amsoil guy''
Old Sep 5, 2009, 12:22 AM
Account Disabled

i will deff run the amsoil and the WIX filter with the oil change...
Old Sep 5, 2009, 12:27 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
valvoline VR1 50W
Old Sep 5, 2009, 12:28 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
you've made a ton threads in the past day but that's not a bad thing. glad researching though.

on topic, I've heard good and bad things about Royal Purple. Just research and see what you like/afford. No need to spend tons of money on oil for minimal gain if at all any gains.
Old Sep 5, 2009, 12:31 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ChrisBond1
you've made a ton threads in the past day but that's not a bad thing. glad researching though.

on topic, I've heard good and bad things about Royal Purple. Just research and see what you like/afford. No need to spend tons of money on oil for minimal gain if at all any gains.
its not about the gain. its about the protection. just some oils come with a + side to just protection.
Old Sep 5, 2009, 12:32 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by ChrisBond1

True...just need whats best for the motor cant afford to mess it up you know
especially after all that was put into it
Old Sep 5, 2009, 12:35 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by evodan2004
if he put in the RP stuff then its probably ok to run whatever it was 10w30 or whatever. AMSoil imo you will notice a big improvement over that RP. contact apage01 i be leave his name is on evoM. he is a dealer for AMSoil. and has great pricing on the stuff.

also i dont know if you care. but me personally i run either a stock or WIX filter. might want to look into that too.

if you go with AMSoil do us a favor. report back on a comparison. im sure you will give it an A+
is this the oil filter you were talking about
http://www.wixfilters.com/filterlook...asp?Part=57092

Quick Reply: Recomended oil for evos