Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Fp red little gains ?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2009 | 07:39 PM
Evolved Member

I wouldn't waste anymore time tuning this car until it's boost leak tested.

As far as knock you should always shoot for zero.
Old Sep 5, 2009 | 07:57 PM
Evolved Member

i made 371 @ cbrd only 23.6 psi...chad said my fmic was holding me back cuz of heat soak...i had the turbo xs fmic....could be the combo of parts he's got
Old Sep 5, 2009 | 10:52 PM
Account Disabled

AMS FMIC
AMS LICP
Megan 02 housing
AMS TBE
K&N filter
FP red 80
FP red intake pipe
880's Deatschwerks
AEM Wide band
and fuel pump 255
Old Sep 5, 2009 | 10:59 PM
Account Disabled

Did I miss the post where you said what dyno it was?
Old Sep 5, 2009 | 11:52 PM
Evolved Member

We messed with the car and on 26psi pump gas it is making 406 HP on the VDR software now on dyno jet mode and 377 on EVOM comparator. We don't have a reliable AWD dyno close so we have to go off the VDR which i have matched the #s from my personal car to the #s from the dyno at AMS where i have had my car on the rollers MANY times.... And I must say it is very impressive on how close this software is when used properly on a FLAT road. VERY consistent!

I think the car is right about where it should be for the mods. I do suggest a boost leak test though as one has never been done and all this just got put on and I didn't do the work... Its true the car doesn't like a lot of advance but then again all cars are different and 9s don't like a lot of timing. But it does seem to be lower on timing then a lot of the cars with similar mods that I have tuned by a couple degrees.... And I did suggest a boost leak test to be done.

Steven your car is running 26psi and dropping back to high 24s on the Profec I dunno where u got 29psi lol. The HIGHEST i ever seen it flash when we were out road tuning was 27 for a split sec and that was one of the 1st pulls before we had hot lapped the crap out of the car once fully warm it was hitting 26 psi and then slowly falling to high 24s by 8k. Averaging right around 400 on this boost and these mods hot lapping the crap out of the car is not bad IMO and I wouldn't be disappointed as the car feels strong and very smooth. If you want more power we can always turn the boost up some more or ad some more mods.

PS. The tune is also very conservative by request with the A/Fs in the 11.0 range. Max timing is only 8 degrees by 8000RPM. The car will get an occasional blip of a 1 count. Almost impossible to get away from without messing with the knock sensor settings.

Last edited by Colt4g63; Sep 6, 2009 at 12:02 AM.
Old Sep 6, 2009 | 12:38 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Colt4g63
We messed with the car and on 26psi pump gas it is making 406 HP on the VDR software now on dyno jet mode and 377 on EVOM comparator. We don't have a reliable AWD dyno close so we have to go off the VDR which i have matched the #s from my personal car to the #s from the dyno at AMS where i have had my car on the rollers MANY times.... And I must say it is very impressive on how close this software is when used properly on a FLAT road. VERY consistent!

I think the car is right about where it should be for the mods. I do suggest a boost leak test though as one has never been done and all this just got put on and I didn't do the work... Its true the car doesn't like a lot of advance but then again all cars are different and 9s don't like a lot of timing. But it does seem to be lower on timing then a lot of the cars with similar mods that I have tuned by a couple degrees.... And I did suggest a boost leak test to be done.

Steven your car is running 26psi and dropping back to high 24s on the Profec I dunno where u got 29psi lol. The HIGHEST i ever seen it flash when we were out road tuning was 27 for a split sec and that was one of the 1st pulls before we had hot lapped the crap out of the car once fully warm it was hitting 26 psi and then slowly falling to high 24s by 8k. Averaging right around 400 on this boost and these mods hot lapping the crap out of the car is not bad IMO and I wouldn't be disappointed as the car feels strong and very smooth. If you want more power we can always turn the boost up some more or ad some more mods.

PS. The tune is also very conservative by request with the A/Fs in the 11.0 range. Max timing is only 8 degrees by 8000RPM. The car will get an occasional blip of a 1 count. Almost impossible to get away from without messing with the knock sensor settings.
Did you try to lower the boost a little bit to get timing up a couple more degrees? Did it not like it?
Old Sep 6, 2009 | 07:02 AM
Evolved Member

Jack of Trades software is great and those that use it should donate.

26psi on a red on 93 oct, power is decent. 880 injectors...might want to venture to meth or e85 for some big boy results. I don't think this car based on mods will do much more without leaning out fuel which will yield more power, but at the same time raise cylinder temps. 11.4-.5 afr could prob net another 10-15whp.

Many factors in tuning, this car has room left, but at what price?

I'd boost leak test the car, then think about alternative fuel if you want more power.
Old Sep 6, 2009 | 07:28 AM
Evolved Member

8* of timing at 8000k and 26 psi (peak) tapering to 24 psi is why you are only at 400 whp....If you were at 35 psi (peak) tapering to ~30 psi and more like 15* at 8000 you'd be putting down a ton more hp...

To me it sounds like you have an issue - I have never seen proper Evo 9 tune only be able to take 8* at redline...
Old Sep 6, 2009 | 09:52 AM
Evolved Member

Not to be rude or come off like an ***.. BUT LOL @ proper tune and 15 degrees at 8K on 30psi and pump 93 etc... This particular car would be getting 100,000 counts of knock if u tried to pour that much timing to it on the **** 93 fuel at that boost level on this setup I have been tuning DSMs to turbo bikes to Twin turbo vipers etc i could go on and on about the MANY types of cars/bikes and the setups and systems i have worked with over the years.. I have been tuning for OVER 10 years.. I dont need any tuning advice trust me... The car needs a boost leak check to make sure everything is in order.. but if i had a huge leak this is a MAF car and it would be doing other things and showing signs if the leak was bad enough, this car isnt SD where itll run with a huge leak.... But like i have stated a few times now the car needs a boost leak test just to make sure its all sealed up nice and tight for every little bit. BUT and heres another but for u all lol.. Honestly the power is on for the mild tune and mods the car currently has and the fuel it is tuned on. This is how Steven wanted the car tuned VERY SAFE so this is the way it was tuned. If He wants more power he lives right down the street and he knows where to come for a more aggressive tune. Actually we will be going to the same car meet today and if he wants more power i will retune for higher boost levels and see if we cant squeeze some more out of it for him if thats what he wants. You can only get so much out of a car with limited mods and setup.. and as far as the timing advance every car is different and im not thhat worried about the timing seeming a little low as the car is making the power for the tune/mods.

Hers an example that might help some of you understand what im working with here a lot better.. Im good friends with Mellon and he tuned a car which he put results up on with similar mods some bolt ons with a red only it had a set of good cams and it did 430WHP on DLL on "30psi" and pump gas. So to get 406 out of this car and do it consistently after hot lapping the car for over 2 hours tweaking everything from injectors etc With only 26psi spike and stock cams I think these are very good results with its mods.... And like EVORYDER stated and i agree i don't think this car has anymore in it without going more aggressive etc. Steven wanted the car tuned very mildy but still make decent power and thats exactly what he got! Hes new to all this so hes not exactly sure where he should be at.. and reading these forums with all the mis information that floats around im not surprised..... That and he thought he was on 29psi lol. I will be giving him plenty of crap for not looking at his boost gauge today before posting up trust me

Last edited by Colt4g63; Sep 6, 2009 at 09:56 AM.
Old Sep 6, 2009 | 09:55 AM
Evolved Member

^^ Hey I did not mean to imply your tune was bad, rather 400 whp with 26 psi and 8* of timing is about right....Most talk about 500 whp Reds, but those are on c16, meth, or e85 running a ton more boost and timing...

I did say that 8* at redline seems odd, but if there are no leaks and that is what the car wants then it is what it is...
Old Sep 6, 2009 | 10:24 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by cij911
^^ Hey I did not mean to imply your tune was bad, rather 400 whp with 26 psi and 8* of timing is about right....Most talk about 500 whp Reds, but those are on c16, meth, or e85 running a ton more boost and timing...

I did say that 8* at redline seems odd, but if there are no leaks and that is what the car wants then it is what it is...
Well thanks as it gets aggravating when you have been tuning for so many years and then i seems like u get 2nd guessed by people on an internet forum that arent there tuning said car that dont see what is going on behind the scenes. I appreciate your response to clear that up.
Old Sep 6, 2009 | 10:29 AM
Account Disabled

Whoops, When I started this thread I screwed up I was never on 29psi, I was high when I wrote that, I have always been on 26psi. The tune is in no way to be questioned at all!! Adam knows his sh** I Always insist on the safest tune possible, and that Is what I get! I was happy with the numbers then I spoke with some one and they got me all worked up they said I wasn't making the right power , with me being a Newbie that got me all worked up , Will do a boost check for the hell of it, but like Adam said if there was a boost leak it would be a noticeable issue !

PS: all you people on here that pollute threads with your mind blowing garbage, need to stay off the site, if you dont know what your talking about keep your mouth shut ! That is why when reading through various threads all I can find is the wrong info ! everyone thinks they are Techs and And rally car drivers! outrageous!!!!
Old Sep 7, 2009 | 08:10 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mantosride

PS: all you people on here that pollute threads with your mind blowing garbage, need to stay off the site, if you dont know what your talking about keep your mouth shut ! That is why when reading through various threads all I can find is the wrong info ! everyone thinks they are Techs and And rally car drivers! outrageous!!!!
This
Old Sep 7, 2009 | 09:27 AM
Account Disabled

now 26 lbs sounds more like it with his power made.

Originally Posted by Colt4g63

Old Sep 7, 2009 | 10:20 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evoryder
This
2nd X10000000000000000000fadklfjakldjfaskl;dfj