Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

FP Green HTA Pics

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2009, 10:23 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by C.Gonzalez
HTA Green has a smaller turbine and compressor wheel than that of a Red. That being said the HTA green is bigger on both ends than the original green and is a newer design plus the older green doesn’t have the 80mm compressor housing option. All the info on this can be found here on Evom or just go to FP's website. I’m sure I left out some stuff but I’m just giving some general info.
FP's website doesn't answer my questions, probably because it doesn't contain the specifics i am looking for. Is this new green capable of producing less top end than the red, but with better response and spool up time than the red? I am under the impression that the FPRed is a monster up top, but can be laggy. Is this new HTA Green just a mix in between: having better top end numbers compared to the older green, but better spool and response than that of the Red?
Old Sep 10, 2009, 10:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by SHIFTT IX MR
FP's website doesn't answer my questions, probably because it doesn't contain the specifics i am looking for. Is this new green capable of producing less top end than the red, but with better response and spool up time than the red? I am under the impression that the FPRed is a monster up top, but can be laggy. Is this new HTA Green just a mix in between: having better top end numbers compared to the older green, but better spool and response than that of the Red?
The new HTA Green will not produce the topend that the Red will. 500-525 would be a good setup HTA Green. Where a good setup Red can reach 600+. The HTA Green however does have a greater topend than the old green but spools the same as the old green. The new HTA Green also holds boost better above 6k. The HTA Green is rated at 54lbs/min however Scott at FP has got the HTA Green up to 55-56lb/min. The HTA Green should be a great street turbo and absolutely sick on a 2.2-2.4L setup.
Old Sep 10, 2009, 10:51 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by BLKCarbonEVO
The new HTA Green will not produce the topend that the Red will. 500-525 would be a good setup HTA Green. Where a good setup Red can reach 600+. The HTA Green however does have a greater topend than the old green but spools the same as the old green. The new HTA Green also holds boost better above 6k. The HTA Green is rated at 54lbs/min however Scott at FP has got the HTA Green up to 55-56lb/min. The HTA Green should be a great street turbo and absolutely sick on a 2.2-2.4L setup.
Is the difference in lag between the green HTA and red negligible? I guess what I am asking is, is the lag difference between the green and red within 1k rpms of each other? It seems the HTA Green has placed itself closer to the performance numbers of the Red, which leads me to wonder why someone might choose a red over a green, and vise versa. Is it really just a matter of personal preference at that point?

BTW: thanks you answered most my questions.
Old Sep 10, 2009, 10:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Is the difference in lag between the green HTA and red negligible? I guess what I am asking is, is the lag difference between the green and red within 1k rpms of each other? It seems the HTA Green has placed itself closer to the performance numbers of the Red, which leads me to wonder why someone might choose a red over a green, and vise versa. Is it really just a matter of personal preference at that point?

BTW: thanks you answered most my questions.
The HTA Green will without a doubt spool faster than the red. How much faster? We wont know until we get some tuned.
Old Sep 10, 2009, 11:28 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ChuckP
The HTA Green will without a doubt spool faster than the red. How much faster? We wont know until we get some tuned.
The FP Red is not as laggy as say a GT30r, right? Sorry for the off topic question, I have just been reading and gathering information that suggests the Red is a laggy turbo for a stock appearing turbo, but I just want to make sure it doesn't sit in the same league as a GT30r in comparison to lag. Then I could see how the HTA green really does fill this niche, and why the red fills this void of supplying big power without the big lag.

thanks
Old Sep 10, 2009, 11:34 AM
Evolved Member

The FP Red is not as laggy as say a GT30r, right? Sorry for the off topic question, I have just been reading and gathering information that suggests the Red is a laggy turbo for a stock appearing turbo, but I just want to make sure it doesn't sit in the same league as a GT30r in comparison to lag. Then I could see how the HTA green really does fill this niche, and why the red fills this void of supplying big power without the big lag.

thanks
Just take a look at dyno plots from 30r's and red's and compare spool. The red flows more than any stock variant turbo available, so yes it reaches full spool later than others.
Old Sep 10, 2009, 11:34 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ChuckP
+1 Agreed. I think from what Scott was telling me that the spool is only 200-300 slower on the HTA Green compared to the old Green. IMO the 200-300 spool difference is well worth the extra 50hp that the HTA Green will produce over the old green.

The thing about spool is that every car will be different and some will be lagier than others. In a general "classroom testing" I believe that the HTA Green spool about 500 sooner than a red. The HTA Green should light off pretty hard by 4000rpms and "most" reds don't light off till about 4500rpms. However on a proper built setup the red will look non-lagy. Look at Ryu car for example. This thing is a beast and is what I would say a HTA Green on most cars would spool like. Good job to Ryu and TTP for a great setup! https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...ttp-tuned.html

Hope this helps answer some question you guys may have had

Mikey
Old Sep 10, 2009, 11:37 AM
Evolved Member

If you want a laggy stock frame get a FP Black! That thing will prob be a laggy HTA3582-88 wheel crammed into the stock frame.... but able to produce 700hp
Old Sep 10, 2009, 11:42 AM
Evolving Member

i love my hta green....
Old Sep 10, 2009, 11:43 AM
Evolved Member

can anyone tell me the difference between the 80mm housing and the stock looking 64mm housing? does the 80mm lag more? i heard that it eleminates all compressor surge but yeah are there any downsides?
Old Sep 10, 2009, 11:43 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by skochur
i love my hta green....
dyno charts? track times?
Old Sep 10, 2009, 11:46 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by chaotichoax
dyno charts? track times?
i dont drag race.... its for road racing...
Old Sep 10, 2009, 11:49 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by skochur
i dont drag race.... its for road racing...
do you have any data logs you would be willing to share?
Old Sep 10, 2009, 11:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
any info yet?!?! Personal experice first hand yet?!? #'s.... HTA GREEN seems like the turbo im looking for
Old Sep 10, 2009, 11:50 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MR Turco
do you have any data logs you would be willing to share?
still in fine tuning phase... will try and do some logs over weekend and report back then...