Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

cant pick a cam..any help

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2009 | 02:55 PM

cant pick a cam..any help

I am in the process of building a 400 to 450hp evo IX and i can't deside which cams to use. The car will be a daily driver but put on the track on the weekends so i dont want to loose much low end power if possible. The mods that i plan to do are buschur racing (race) fmic, 255lph fuel pump, porting out the turbo or getting a fp green ( or equelevent), intake manifold, 65mm throttle body, an ecu flash or AEM ems, and boost controler. The mods that i have done allready are 3" tbe with test pipe, upper and lower intercoller pipes, air intake, K&N filter and exhaust manifold. With all this is 400 to 450 even realistic or would i have to do more? I want to stay with the stock turbo if possible.
Old Sep 8, 2009 | 03:32 PM

I forgot a couple of things that will aslo be done bigger injectors , fuel rail, fuel pressure regulator, sending my tranny to sheperd to be rebuilt stronger, and i allready have an ACT hdss clutch and fidanza flywheel.
Old Sep 8, 2009 | 04:07 PM
EvoM Guru

What you don't need to get to the desired power level:

AEM EMS
Fuel Rail
Fuel Pressure Regulator
Aftermarket intake manifold

Keep the $3k+ in your pocket.

What you do want (from your list):

buschur racing (race) fmic
255lph fuel pump
fp green
ported intake manifold (Buschur)
65mm throttle body
ecu flash (get a competent dyno tune by an ECU Flash expert)

Get a set of GSC or Cosworth cams, and you should end up satisfied with the outcome - big power increase, no sacrifice in driveability.