Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Very smooth Tranny now!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2003, 02:17 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thats really good to hear! Knowing that you can fill from above and not use a pump is really good news.

Btw, does the Evo come stock with magnetic drain plugs for the oil, tranny and differential fluids? Cause I know my old Acura didn't
Old Oct 16, 2003, 02:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 61 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally posted by evo8ya
heres the shop manual it is a river of knowledge i love it

http://www.lancer-evo.net/manuals/download/E8US.zip
Fireball, webguy, evo8ya - thanks for the help.
evo8ya - the link doesn't work for me - I get the old 404 not found...
Old Oct 16, 2003, 06:40 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally posted by Karash
How much did you have to buy for each (Tranny, Trans, Rear)? I am having difficulty locating how much oil I should buy. Also, could you post pics where to change the fluids at?

That shop manual would be a gold mine, but its a 404...
Tranny takes just shy of 3 quarts. The transfer case takes a little more than 1/2 a quart and the rear diff, also a little more than a 1/2 quart. So, 3 qts tranny fluid, 2 quarts gear lube.
Old Oct 16, 2003, 06:41 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally posted by EVO_RPM
Thats really good to hear! Knowing that you can fill from above and not use a pump is really good news.

Btw, does the Evo come stock with magnetic drain plugs for the oil, tranny and differential fluids? Cause I know my old Acura didn't

Yes!
Old Oct 16, 2003, 07:58 PM
Evolving Member

do I need a long hose to reach to the filler plugs??? I'm planning on changing mines this weekend at @ 1,700 miles and did you put your car on ramps? and how long did you take?
Old Oct 16, 2003, 10:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The tranny has a magnetic plug, not sure on the others. I really would like to see where the fill plugs are located...
Old Oct 17, 2003, 12:57 AM
Evolved Member

Good job FireBall! I am going to do the same with AMSoil Series 2000 ... I will post my results here as well.
Old Oct 17, 2003, 05:54 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally posted by BushBurninEvo
do I need a long hose to reach to the filler plugs??? I'm planning on changing mines this weekend at @ 1,700 miles and did you put your car on ramps? and how long did you take?
A 1 foot long hose is about all you need.

Mine was done in a shop with a hoist. I don't recommend ramps, as how the car won't be level.
Old Oct 17, 2003, 02:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If anyone needs Redline in Dallas go to Keith Craft on 75. It is in between Park and 15th in Plano on the West side of Central. They have both the 75w90 and the MT-90 in stock. Comes out to just under $43 with tax. I will be doing mine tomorrow!
Old Oct 17, 2003, 02:25 PM
Evolving Member

So 3qts tranny(MT-90) and 2 qts gear(75w-90), thanks thats very helpful. Now I might be getting those bushings and short shift kit. Does that come as a whole or did you have to buy seperate, how much???
Old Oct 17, 2003, 02:38 PM
Evolving Member

I got the metal bushings from lancershop.com. I went looking for them on their site and couldn't find them. They only seem to have the poly ones at the moment.

For pix of the drain and fill holes check here: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...ht=redline+oil
Old Oct 19, 2003, 02:20 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by alfredob1
I got the metal bushings from lancershop.com. I went looking for them on their site and couldn't find them. They only seem to have the poly ones at the moment.
I just installed a set of Lancershop brass bushings this afternoon. Wow, the shifter is now pretty friggn' tight! Just the way I like it.
Old Oct 28, 2003, 08:32 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by mikec

I just installed a set of Lancershop brass bushings this afternoon. Wow, the shifter is now pretty friggn' tight! Just the way I like it.
Did you order the brass ones for the 95-99 DSM eclipse "stiff shifter plate bushing kit" off of DSMparts.com OR the "polykit" from lancershop.com?

Has anyone tried the Ultra Stiff Shifter Under-Hood Bushings Kit also specified in the DSMparts.com page?
Old Oct 28, 2003, 08:42 AM

Synthetics and LSD's

I seem to remember a thread discussing this. Most synthetic manufacturers make a modified synthetic gear lube for use when the diff is equipped with a limited slip. The modified version is not as "slippery", allowing the clutch plates of the LSD to engage. Non-modified synthetic is too slippery, rendering the LSD inoperable. With dino lubes there is a special additive for LSD's, I think with the use of the modified synthetics, you don't have to do this.

Please feel free to correct me - I'm working on recollection here, and as you get older that becomes less reliable. Just want to save some of you some time and trouble.

Adios,

Fusoguy
Old Jan 1, 2004, 12:42 PM
Evolving Member

if anyone still needs help on info where to buy tranny oil and stuff, you can visit :

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...m&pagenumber=2

there are shops that they listed that sells redline oil pretty mad cheap! check it out =)

Happy New Year and God bless

Quick Reply: Very smooth Tranny now!