Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Well... i'd like some advice

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2009, 07:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well... i'd like some advice

I just got my new exedy twin hd put in and broke in almost two weeks ago and friday i started hearing a faint wine (didn't really worry about it) as the weekend went on i kept hearing it. and eventually started worrying

I put my car on a lift and there seems to be an oil leak where the tcase meets the driveshaft, i put the little bit of tcase fluid i had laying around in it (about 1/8 of a quart?) When i talked to the guy he said "oh but you have to take out the driveshaft when you install a clutch" he thinks i just have a fast car and know nothing about it

tomorow i'm taking it back to the people who did my clutch to talk to them about it
I don't know how exactly i should say to them that i think i need a new tcase and it's all their fault

Any advice is appreciated

Last edited by elijahcole92; Sep 27, 2009 at 08:15 PM.
Old Sep 27, 2009, 09:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What KIND of tcase fluid?

And if its leaking oil, it is probably a broken seal, maybe from when they put it back together
Old Sep 27, 2009, 09:34 PM

OMG ^^^ im going threw the same thing right now.
except i started my car, it wouldnt go into gear so i forced it, like an idioit. heard a loud noise and now i need a new motor.. seriously.
i just finally ripped everything apart and my exhaust valves are all broke, unrelatedly i guess.
and im finally down to taking off the oil pan and that clutch cover, (sorry idk the actual name) and i found a bolt just chilling there.. looks as if its a flywheel bolt. but oil was pouring out of mine at the same exact spot!!

mystery bolt...

Old Sep 27, 2009, 09:36 PM
Evolved Member

When I got my Exedy HD installed, the shop put the wrong fluid in my t-case and I had to take them to court to prove it. I had the fluid tested and it was the wrong fluid. When I confronted the shop, they denied it so I had to sue them. I fought an Attorney and WON!!!! It took months to go through. Good luck, it's not fun.
Old Sep 28, 2009, 06:46 AM

I put diaqueen lsd oem or whatever it is, i have no idea what they did. I really don't think they put any back in