Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

About BR FMIC

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2009, 07:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
About BR FMIC

Im in the market for a BR FMIC.. I dont know if i want to get the, "BR Race, or the Deluxe FMIC"

- Does the Race make better power then the Deluxe?

- My goals are getting a FP Red and possably Meth Injecton what do u Reccommed for better numbers?
Old Oct 2, 2009, 07:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
Just get the RACE version. It's been proven time and time again on 8 sec drag cars no less
Old Oct 2, 2009, 07:27 AM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Get the Race. It will make more power on the RED and I promise you won't be disappointed.

I would do Red, E-85 if you can get it.

Good Luck
Old Oct 2, 2009, 07:30 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks all. i will get the Race on it is.. i already have FMIC piping so im set then...
Old Oct 2, 2009, 07:31 AM
Evolved Member

BR Race fmic.

Great fmic.
Old Oct 2, 2009, 07:33 AM
Former Sponsor

Yes sir the Race is the way to go. Its the last FMIC you will ever need. Its been proven time and time again to get the job done and get it done effectively. Shoot me a PM and i'll give you a price for what you would be looking at for the FMIC and lower pipe shipped to you.

Let us know if you need anything or when you're ready to order. I'll be glad to lend a hand!
Old Oct 2, 2009, 07:35 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jrod@Buschur
Yes sir the Race is the way to go. Its the last FMIC you will ever need. Its been proven time and time again to get the job done and get it done effectively. Shoot me a PM and i'll give you a price for what you would be looking at for the FMIC and lower pipe shipped to you.

Let us know if you need anything or when you're ready to order. I'll be glad to lend a hand!
^

These guys are very helpful and know their stuff!
Old Oct 2, 2009, 07:36 AM
Evolved Member

I had the Deluxe and it fit like ****. I went with the race, it fit perfectly, made more power, and it is the last one you will ever need. It's simply the best
Old Oct 2, 2009, 07:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Buschur Race FMIC, is "the" FMIC to get , here is what mine looks like after 4 years of daily driving abuse... It is perfect...

Old Oct 2, 2009, 07:56 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by neonglh
I had the Deluxe and it fit like ****. I went with the race, it fit perfectly, made more power, and it is the last one you will ever need. It's simply the best
Guessing if you had fitment issues the mounting tabs might have gotten bent. They are all built in a jig but the tabs can be bent in shipping and moving it around. A slight tweak will throw it off.

The original old design deluxe wasnt the greatest but after the redesign a few years ago with the inlet it all got a LOT better.

Im pleased to know you're happy with the Race. The Race is definitely a good unit and sells on a daily basis.

Here's an old shot of my car with the Race FMIC installed without a front bumper. I had some touch up work done at a body shop to fix rock chips and the front bumper wasnt finished yet. I got some funny looks driving it back to the shop looking like this. It looks so tough though!

Old Oct 2, 2009, 08:04 AM
EvoM Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
BR Race is a nice nice nice FMIC and is IMHO the most proven FMIC to 'just work' no matter what. I had the deluxe before, I put down decent numbers with it too, but I think a great option is their new 'street' FMIC, same as the race FMIC but uses a 3.5" core instead of a full 4" (or 3.8", whatever it is).
Old Oct 2, 2009, 08:26 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jrod@Buschur
The original old design deluxe wasnt the greatest but after the redesign a few years ago with the inlet it all got a LOT better.

Yeah, I think I had a very old one, or something. The problem was the IC inlet was hitting the body of the car, or the bumper. I could not get around it, so I had to cut the bumper to get it to fit.

When I switched to the race style, it fit like a glove
Old Oct 2, 2009, 08:31 AM
Evolved Member

Here is a picture of my Deluxe:

I never got it to sit perfectly straight because it only has 2 mounting brackets instead of 3, and it hit my power steering lines on the left hand side, as well as the inlet of the IC hitting lower body of the car. Ignore the dent in the IC, that was purely cosmetic

Here is a picture of my Race:

Notice how it mounts in 3 places, very sturdy, and has clearance all around.
Old Oct 2, 2009, 01:19 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by scheides
BR Race is a nice nice nice FMIC and is IMHO the most proven FMIC to 'just work' no matter what. I had the deluxe before, I put down decent numbers with it too, but I think a great option is their new 'street' FMIC, same as the race FMIC but uses a 3.5" core instead of a full 4" (or 3.8", whatever it is).
I was looking into the 'street' ic as well. Besides the .5" difference, is there really an advantage getting the race version over the street? Street is rated at 950hp right?
Old Oct 3, 2009, 09:05 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by krisdlm
I was looking into the 'street' ic as well. Besides the .5" difference, is there really an advantage getting the race version over the street? Street is rated at 950hp right?
No, lol, it is not rated for 950 hp.

Quick Reply: About BR FMIC