Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Buschur Ported exhaust manifold, how much was YOURS ported?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2009, 03:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by davidbuschur
If anyone has a question for me, send me a PM. I can't stand to see Bob breaking his arm patting himself on the back anymore.

I'm unsubscribed.

Old Oct 20, 2009, 03:41 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If anyone has a question for me, send me a PM. I can't stand to see Bob breaking his arm patting himself on the back anymore.

I'm unsubscribed.

A) I highly doubt you are really unsubscribed....
B) I am responding to questions that are directed to ME, sorry if you feel left out.
C) If you do want to answer any questions, start with the dozen I directed to you in the other thread.

-Bob
Old Oct 20, 2009, 04:04 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm unsubscribed.
It looks to me like Bob is simply answering the questions that are asked of him and helping to educate the community I thought that was one of your biggest pet peeves; new companies entering the Evo market with nothing more to offer than low prices? Now that we are offering some technical insight that happens to go against your opinion you can't stand it? lol
Old Oct 20, 2009, 07:17 PM

If this is off topic please ignore it, anyway:

I've done quite a bit of exhaust flow simulation with COSMOS on Solidworks. Purely steady state without wall heat transfer, but it helps with minimizing pressure losses as a starting point for analysis and optimization. Mostly I've done 02 housing simulation with the various merge pipe entry angles and positions. Obviously a software not capable of simulating pulse tuning in the intake/exhaust but still extremely helpful.

I think for an exhaust manifold you could simulate non-steady state but I hadn't gotten that far as it is a nice rigorous project to take on. Kickass software considering its available to anybody.

Regarding FP's cast DSM manifold, it closely resembles Turbonetics T3 DSM flanged exhaust manifold which had a very nice merge of all 4 cylinders and a straight shot into the turbine housing. On a DSM it works great as the topend power above 6000 rpms is just sickening. Since the runner lengths, and diameters are close to stock the gains are coming primarily from an optimized merge collector.

Interesting discussions in any case.
Old Nov 3, 2009, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by PPI
I appreciate the positive words and being a small shop it means a lot to me.

Thank You,
Wayne

i work for 2 diff shops one for 15 years and the other for 10 years. i will say the port work and hp number i have seen, have been better then some other shops with bigger names.