Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

2010 Borg Warner Airwerks Turbo catalog

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2010, 06:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by VencaGSX
Geoff wanted or someone who can say this turbo wasnīt BEPed..
The story:
just ordered some stuff for my DSM/ 2.0l 6Bolt from my favourie vendor..and asked him if he can check BW s300 91/79 turbo in T4div.. he said will see tommor let you know..second day received email with words he can... so I asked him again..is it real BW unit not missmatched BEP piece. I donīt want get BEP turbo..If you canīt find other than BEP I go with Full race..even its harder get it over sea to Europe..he said no its BW unit from BW dealer.. I said okay going with.. Iam overseas so its really pain find place/vendor who cares all the stuff you need..imagine take care on shipping prices on clutches..turbos ..and other heavy parts over sea to Europe..then take care on all customs things..So I was happy i get all parts on one place..

Today received my packages and hell there was BEP box...from this time I feel cus read lotta threads people talking do not put your hands on BEP BW turbos..I donīt have any experience with it , donīt wanna say BEP is crap.. Iam just reading and searching on lotta forums..and found BEP turbos are falling to fail...

check out those pics..and tell me if there is any sign this turbo was parted on pieces and then reassembled at BEP.. signs like various colors on blades..different nuts.. etc
Heard BEP clipped ex wheels to match T3..they grind O.D. of ex wheel..??or what does it mean.. with that said Iam scared my ex wheel got some grinding on side of blades too..when look into ex outlet..

anyways meassured my turbo and I got
66.1mm C In
91.4mm C Ex

79.8mm Ex In
73.5mm ex ex

I know there is BEP label on center cartridge...so "it is BEP unit" but in plastic bag the turbo camed found alu pin..so my theory is BEP just opened that plastic bag..drilled out old BW label...and put on BEP label/badge..
and reship in BEP box...
secondly just put out comp side..and there was some sealant in the threads of the screws..same red color as is on Oil inlet 90°flange/adapter Means to me BEP never opened Comp cover...so they didnīt loose nut on turbo shaft..Turbo should be okay/untouched in BEP Hope so..

next question..as for Oiling..wanna use my old 4AN ss line with earl oil filter ,feeded from my 6Bolt head with oem oil press valve in head. Read Geoff recommended 4AN with 0.05" or 0.035" restrictor cus BWs are engineered for low oil..

Any input will be great/ you know peace of mind.. If you canīt trust the part you put in..than its BAD..thats how I feel it esp wanna push it up to 43PSI on E85..

Thank you
Venca

glad someone brought this up. i also have a BEP Labeled turbo, found that the compressor cover looker familiar, so after checking pics of BW Compressor covers, it is the same cover on the BEP turbo.
Old Dec 27, 2010, 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by blitzkreig
glad someone brought this up. i also have a BEP Labeled turbo, found that the compressor cover looker familiar, so after checking pics of BW Compressor covers, it is the same cover on the BEP turbo.
I think both Compressor and Ex side is the same as BW manufacturing..there are BW labels on both.. what Iam affraid is if they parted out that turbo.. clipped ex wheel.. and then reassembled and rebalanced... Iam affraid if someone outta BW departemnt loosed turbo shaft nut...
I think and hope in this case when customer wants T4Divided or T4 open ex side.. the case when they donīt have to clipp ex wheel for T3 housing..they just put on BW turbos their BEP label and ship out.. Thats what I hope for..but who knows what is real..

secondly on this BW turbos..here are not sealed compressor covers to turbo back plate?????just matal on metal..??
Venca
Old Dec 27, 2010, 11:27 AM

Right now talked with my vendor..and that guy said:

"completely stock BW
they do a lot of modifications on their turbos, but they start with fresh OEM BW turbos and what you have in your hands is a fresh BW turbo that has NOT been modified by BEP
i just used BEP to source the factory BW turbo"

"Trust me man...i did and got exactly what you wanted
and BEP is a licensed distributor for BW"

Idonīt have any reason why not believe him..he is gret guy and everytime take care about me.. secondly it does make sence to me..Why BEP should touch on turbo which customer want without any option.. thats even pricey for them...wasting time...and dumb.. in this case they just put on their label as marketing step..and done.

What ya think guys??
Venca
Old Dec 27, 2010, 03:39 PM
Evolved Member

Venca, in this case you did get a BEP labeled turbo, but it has the same measurements as a 91/79, so its nothing different.
Old Dec 27, 2010, 05:30 PM
Account Disabled

^^sound like scorpionT is correct from what I see. You got lucky - they took the BW turbo and slapped their logo-tag on it (which BW definitely does not take kindly to). For future reference - it is a good idea to go to a BorgWarner distributor when buying borgwarner turbos. <please dont keep posting about this, i dont want the thread to get de-railed by a bep discussion>

Singlescroll EFR turbos arrived today, plenty of 7670 and 8374 T3 in stock
Old Dec 27, 2010, 07:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Full-Race Geoff
dear twinscroll 8374,

im looking forward to meeting you come feb. ill make sweet, sweet love to you.

love, n2oiroc's twinscroll manifold.

p.s. i enclosed a sexy pic so you can keep me in your dreams.

Old Dec 27, 2010, 08:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Pssssh lol, nice!
Old Dec 28, 2010, 02:52 PM
Account Disabled

lookin good!!! im going to start on mine soon, slowly collecting parts right now... and waiting like everyone else for some twinscroll EFR deliciousness
Old Dec 28, 2010, 02:57 PM
Evolved Member

lookin good!!! im going to start on mine soon, slowly collecting parts right now... and waiting like everyone else for some twinscroll EFR deliciousness
You sticking with the stock ECU Geoff?

Mitch
Old Dec 28, 2010, 03:06 PM

hey geoff....

what borg-warner would be recommended/suitable for an evo 9 stock block and head with kelford cams without springs...somewhere in the 450-500 hp range..
Old Dec 28, 2010, 06:19 PM
Evolved Member

You guys need to update your website and get the EFR products listed!
Old Dec 28, 2010, 08:30 PM
Evolving Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by ScorpionT
It's not under the "Turbochargers" list on the left.
It's here---> http://www.full-race.com/articles/bo...fr-turbos.html

Click in the blue and red columns like for the 7670, click on the 76, and whalla...

I haz this one coming---> http://www.full-race.com/store/turbo...670-turbo.html
In the 1.05 A/R housing.
Old Dec 29, 2010, 12:39 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Strm Trpr
It's not under the "Turbochargers" list on the left.
It's here---> http://www.full-race.com/articles/bo...fr-turbos.html

Click in the blue and red columns like for the 7670, click on the 76, and whalla...

I haz this one coming---> http://www.full-race.com/store/turbo...670-turbo.html
In the 1.05 A/R housing.
Sneaky sneaky.

Should be a wicked little turbo.
Old Dec 29, 2010, 09:53 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by silver fly
what borg-warner would be recommended/suitable for an evo 9 stock block and head with kelford cams without springs...somewhere in the 450-500 hp range..
EFR 7670 1.05 a/r is my recommendation for this type of setup. It is always a good idea to get stiffer valvesprings, but other than that i think you would be very pleased with this. I plan to use this on my Evo 8, stock bottom end, for a while (have too many other projects going on, dont want to build this motor yet)

Originally Posted by Magnumpsi
You sticking with the stock ECU Geoff?
that is the plan, well see how long it lasts?

Originally Posted by ScorpionT
We have a new website that is being cleaned up, lots of work to do to it, but close. All the EFR turbos are listed on the new site, just not the old site. take a look here:

http://www.full-race.com/store/turbos/borgwarner-efr/
Old Dec 29, 2010, 10:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
did you guys ever get the correct dyno sheet from sierra sierra with the cam timing corrected?

Quick Reply: 2010 Borg Warner Airwerks Turbo catalog