Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

JohnBradley's 2.2 long rod build

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2009, 06:45 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rolly1818
aaron,

is it possible to buy e85 from you or someone and have it shipped into trinidad?
Would be easier to blend there, dont you guys have a large petrochemical industry?
Old Nov 17, 2009, 06:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
^ Ya it's called Aaron's backyard, full of his homemade E85 moonshine
Old Nov 17, 2009, 07:01 PM
Evolved Member

Update?
Old Nov 17, 2009, 07:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 70 Likes on 52 Posts
Still has a pump issue of some sort. Trying to sort it out but it looks like its not gonna happen tonight at the dyno. This is what happens when I make a post and force the car to perform I am going to go back to my formerly hard and fast rule of do the cool shig first, then post.

Sorry guys but the update will come in due time.

aaron
Old Nov 17, 2009, 07:23 PM
Evolved Member

^ dang your "***** pump" Get that thing work right
Old Nov 17, 2009, 08:46 PM
Evolved Member

^lol! Must not have been Swedish made!
Old Nov 17, 2009, 09:02 PM
Evolved Member

^ Aaron probably blew an O-ring.
Old Nov 18, 2009, 04:02 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
nope NO E-anything here

we had lots of sugar cane and i thought trinidad was headed for E85 but then cancelled it!

yup there is lots of petrochemicals here, i am actually in the oil and gas industry, more natural gas.

i know e85 is pretty inexpensive in the usa especially if its homemade. just asking i guess. unless one of you can teach me to make it
Old Nov 18, 2009, 07:24 AM
Evolved Member

I didn't know you could make E85... Maybe that's what my next door neighbor was doing and they arrested him because they thought it was a meth lab... jk

Sorry to hear the news. I'm sure she will be up and running in no time. You should get Lucas to take a video so we can all watch

Mikey
Old Nov 18, 2009, 09:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JohnBradley
Still has a pump issue of some sort. Trying to sort it out but it looks like its not gonna happen tonight at the dyno. This is what happens when I make a post and force the car to perform I am going to go back to my formerly hard and fast rule of do the cool shig first, then post.

Sorry guys but the update will come in due time.

aaron
bummer!

I too learned the hard way about puttin gout teaser posts as it always seemed to bite me in the ****........so now i just go about my daily routine and if something good happens i post it.......besides my normal banter

I' know there are vids on how to make your own "moonshine" aka E-???
Old Nov 18, 2009, 09:19 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JohnBradley
Todays update-

Fixed the base pressure over run for the time being with an Aeromotive pump controller. It drops the voltage at idle-3k and now the base is down to 43.5psi like it should be. I drove the car to lunch, the dyno, and back to the shop. 24 miles so far only 76 to go

Pics of the FIC 2150s with fuel pressure cc change-

Very nice, I have been talking to Jens about a set of these for my mr2. You are the first person I have seen running them so far.
Old Nov 18, 2009, 09:20 AM
Evolved Member

TTP sells them under a nom de plume and rates them based on 55psi fuel pressure. They are out there though.
Old Nov 19, 2009, 09:43 PM
Evolved Member

Okay so the update on the fuel pump issue. It was doing something very odd for having such a large pump and such large injectors it wanted to go lean no matter how much fuel I was throwing at it. The night it was supposed to go to the dyno I thought I had it all under control took it at 16psi and made a quick rip, it was better but not like it should have been. I got back to the shop and was trailing a large cloud of steam.

You can imagine what that did for me but after checking the water in the radiator, the overflow, the oil level, the catch can it became clear it wasnt a headgasket problem. Seems I was a little aggressive on the porting action and there is a thin spot (least in my head) on #1 in the exhaust port. A quick R&R of the head and a trip to ETS has it all fixed, but now I am behind the gun a little. I am going to try to have everything back together for the dyno next week and get some pump numbers and then switch to E98 as well.

I might add some info about it to the head porting thread as well, but basically it seems this might be something that affects all years. Mine had no evidence of coreshift like the 8 heads we have seen (the bowls werent quite the best, but ports looked good) but I bet if I sawed some heads apart we'd see a very thin wall in the cam gear side of the exhaust port about 10 o'clock and an inch or so in. This was an aggressive port job so I think 90% of ported heads out there arent going to ever run into this. As far as that goes we have ported heads just as aggressive and only seen this one other time and it showed up before start up.

Irish Luck I guess
Old Nov 19, 2009, 11:13 PM
Evolved Member

Theirry Henry touched your head?

Sorry man, glad to hear your in the right direction.

Scorke
Old Nov 20, 2009, 03:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I took the head off my car last week because I thought I blew a hg. Didnt end up being the hg gasket but I was looking at the valve chambers and they are very badly mis-shapen. There just slanted no bowl what so ever. The exhaust chambers werent as bad but you could tell they had the same issue. Both runners looked mint though. So I decided to keep the head off and port it myself along with build the motor. lol

Last edited by Evo8Emperor; Nov 20, 2009 at 06:46 AM.

Quick Reply: JohnBradley's 2.2 long rod build