Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

BR presents the new FP BLACK HTA82!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2009 | 08:42 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks for the post ralliart. ALL data is just additional input, regardless of who's d;yno is used or when it was run. Our car is known for making topend power, so seeing where the Black gains or loses gives us good comparison data vs other turbos. This Black is really a great turbo. The boost comes on early, just like David said. His evaluation is dead on. What is unknown is how much power it will show above 8500. I have a new tune in our car and was scheduled to re-dyno at Cobb, but when my Mother passed away we had to cancel the trip. Soon we'll re-visit the dyno and I'll make an effort to run lower boost levels.
Old Oct 21, 2009 | 08:52 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 9sec9
Thanks for the post ralliart. ALL data is just additional input, regardless of who's d;yno is used or when it was run. Our car is known for making topend power, so seeing where the Black gains or loses gives us good comparison data vs other turbos. This Black is really a great turbo. The boost comes on early, just like David said. His evaluation is dead on. What is unknown is how much power it will show above 8500. I have a new tune in our car and was scheduled to re-dyno at Cobb, but when my Mother passed away we had to cancel the trip. Soon we'll re-visit the dyno and I'll make an effort to run lower boost levels.
No problem, let us know what it does on the dyno...my best wishes to your family too.
Old Oct 21, 2009 | 08:56 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks. Not sure who may want this data, but I just quickly reviewed the33 psi log. Again, 20.2 psi at 4824. 33 psi at 5700 and still holding 32.5 psi at 7800 rpms. Peak was 33.8 at 6262.
Old Oct 21, 2009 | 09:00 PM
EvoM Moderator

WTF guys grow up. The first post or two had some humor to them, then quickly went below the belt. Don't ruin this thread plz.
Old Oct 21, 2009 | 09:04 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by THUB
Those exhaust gasses were at one time the pressurized gasses in the cold side. So yes they do, only after being burned. They have to go somewhere...

I'm also curious, since FP has shown its obviously possible to do some crazy machine work in the housings, is it impossible then, to machine the center section for ball bearings? Is there just not enough of a gain to be had for whatever reason? It seems like this would make already impressive turbos absolutely scream.
It would add like $600 cost to the Turbo and Price it completely out of competition.

$2000 for a stock frame turbo is a lot to swallow as is which is why I must wait until they accept my IX turbo trade it.
Old Oct 21, 2009 | 09:07 PM
Evolved Member

HighPSI, the big savings is in the stock ported exhaust vs HAVING to use a SS header. $1000 savings on the header covers a lot of the cost of the previous turbo kits, and still 35R performance on the street with better spool up.
Old Oct 21, 2009 | 09:26 PM
Evolved Member

IF FP is listening and wants a Stock Block perspective I would be more then happy to but a swap is in order with my stock IX Turbo (Which is laying down and ready to go). I was about to get the RED but now I may have to wait. My car is ready only needs a turbo and injectors, maybe a better BOV but I only plan on 26-28PSI pump gas, I wonder if my IX BOV would leak?
Old Oct 21, 2009 | 09:32 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by High_PSI
IF FP is listening and wants a Stock Block perspective I would be more then happy to but a swap is in order with my stock IX Turbo (Which is laying down and ready to go). I was about to get the RED but now I may have to wait. My car is ready only needs a turbo and injectors, maybe a better BOV but I only plan on 26-28PSI pump gas, I wonder if my IX BOV would leak?
Yes it will leak. If you can't afford the black then get the red.
Old Oct 21, 2009 | 09:46 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Lot of folks in this thread I have respect for... and not just their accomplishments. Don't F that up for me... or anyone else for that matter. You guys tired of the little jabs, hit the PM's, or better yet, pick up the phone as most of you have access to each other's numbers. However, DO NOT show your *** to all these people (self included per se) who look up to what you have done for the community.

Enough said... ban hammer firmly in hand...

Back to this VERY interesting development in turbo products...

Last edited by Zeus; Oct 21, 2009 at 09:49 PM.
Old Oct 21, 2009 | 10:02 PM
Evolving Member

it's good to see all this info out. As a stock block person Id like to see like everyone else said , what this turbo does on stock block with mild head work. Im always here if you need a drone tom! haha
Old Oct 21, 2009 | 10:48 PM
Evolved Member

I assume the high-feed oil line that the black uses is the same as the red, correct? Basically if I were running a red with the high-feed oil line it should be a simple swap of the turbo without having to change the high-feed oil line is what I'm guessing.
Old Oct 21, 2009 | 11:37 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by R/TErnie
Yes it will leak. If you can't afford the black then get the red.
It's not afford silly the cost difference between buying it straight vs swapping is the appeal.
Old Oct 21, 2009 | 11:56 PM
Evolved Member

To the guys who support Buschur Racing, please don't jump in this thread and start crap with "those guys".

The data from tom is data and is atleast helpful in sense of having something additional to add to the topic. I had one car to test, no same day back to back data against the red so more information is good, just not in a HP reference.

To answer the question about the stock appearing turbo, YES it is still stock appearing, other than the inlet to the compressor you can't tell a difference and it bolts to the stock manifold and stock style 02 housings.

The Black, by Robert's own input was designed to make 90% of what an HTA82 makes. I realize you never ran an HTA82 but it makes about 80 whp less than the HTA86. I get that approximate number from using it and making 620'ish, then going to the FS635 and gaining nearly 40 whp and then going to the HTA86 and gaining another 40'ish.

Given that and the fact your own car made 720'ish here at about 43 psi...............the black simply isn't going to make anywhere near that on our dyno.

The input on the spool up is excellent the power number comparison is more than a bit misleading.

Last edited by Zeus; Oct 22, 2009 at 06:35 AM. Reason: no need to further ANYTHING not about the black etc.
Old Oct 21, 2009 | 11:58 PM
Evolved Member

BTW, agreed 100% on the faster spool with near 35r performance on the turbo, I think I have made that clear earlier in the thread.
Old Oct 22, 2009 | 01:25 AM
Evolved Member

You should convince kevin to put this on project white!

This turbo looks really promising. Im going to look at saving towards getting this.

Quick Reply: BR presents the new FP BLACK HTA82!