Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Megan 02 housing or Ported Stocker?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2009, 11:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by o-townFLA
why deal will the possibilty of having boost creep issues when you can buy something that is proven...

As for the Invidia o2, all you need to do is re-route the o2 sensor...
buschur and others have stated many times that the invidia was crap i can find some of the post
Old Oct 25, 2009, 11:55 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by o-townFLA
a ported stocker o2 housing will not give any benefit... David Buschur tested it...

look for a used Invidia or Titek to help on the purchase prices...
Of course theres benefit... But you can buy a megan for $100 shipped which is much less than the cost of the time it takes to port the stocker. Its not cost effective what so ever..

Cheers!
Old Oct 25, 2009, 12:07 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Megan (or one just like it) or leave it the hell alone. The people who know what they are doing have good results with them, the ones that don't, do not even know why they are experiencing "creep". Hell, half the people who THINK they are getting "creep" don't even know what "boost creep" really is. That's NOT what they are experiencing.

Cliff notes: Get Megan or the like, or do nothing. The others have pretty spotty PROVEN, REPEATABLE results at best.

Yes, I sale some of Megan's stuff... AFTER getting involved with them to offer a good bang for the buck product. Only then did I decide to carry their EVO products... and not all of them. Only the ones that work.

Last edited by Zeus; Oct 25, 2009 at 12:09 PM.
Old Oct 25, 2009, 12:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Zeus
Megan (or one just like it) or leave it the hell alone. The people who know what they are doing have good results with them, the ones that don't, do not even know why they are experiencing "creep". Hell, half the people who THINK they are getting "creep" don't even know what "boost creep" really is. That's NOT what they are experiencing.

Cliff notes: Get Megan or the like, or do nothing. The others have pretty spotty PROVEN, REPEATABLE results at best.

Yes, I sale some of Megan's stuff... AFTER getting involved with them to offer a good bang for the buck product. Only then did I decide to carry their EVO products... and not all of them. Only the ones that work.
Zeus, I agree. The megan 02 is a great 02. I am a huge fan of external dump 02s though. You are also correct about boost creep. Most people have no clue what it is, if that's what they actually have, and what causes it.

Mikey
Old Oct 25, 2009, 12:19 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

I have little experience with the dumps... however, I figured it was not what the OP was looking at since he didn't mention them.
Old Oct 25, 2009, 12:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I had a ported & swain tech coated Megan 02 housing from PPI for a while till I put MAP's 02 dump on...I installed this at the same time as a ported & swain tech coated manifold & hotside from PPI...even with no tuning I felt a nice gain in power from the butt dyno...So I say go with A ported & coated Megan...I think its one of the easier 02 housings to install too...You can get to all the bolts/studs with the turbo and whatnot still on the car...
Old Oct 25, 2009, 12:29 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i have a the megan 02 as well and dont have anyproblems with it all i feel is more power
Old Oct 25, 2009, 03:26 PM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by BLKCarbonEVO
I picked up 10hp and 5tq and your turbo will spool sooner. lmk

Mikey
A couple of questions, if you don't mind:

1. What were the mods/power level at the time of testing?

2. Was the O2 housing dyno'd with any other mods and/or tuning?

Thanks!