Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

FP Red+SS LICP+Buscher Deluxe=bad fitment

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2009, 04:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
FP Red+SS LICP+Buscher Deluxe=bad fitment

Just posting this to see if others have had the same/similar problem. Putting an FP Red with the larger comp housing onto a car thats running one of the original Buschur Deluxe IC kits. Using the FP SS lower pipe that was supplied in the kit sold being supposed to fit the setup.

There is nearly an inch difference in the alignment....

Old Oct 20, 2009, 04:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
if im looking at that correctly thats the jpipe is that correct? i had to weld an extension on my lower inter pipe in order to fit. or just get a longer silicon coupler that would work too and use tbolt clamps.
Old Oct 20, 2009, 05:37 PM
Evolved Member

Yes, it is the j pipe basically. There would be no reason to weld..they are the correct length, just the pipe is not oriented properly. Shame though as it was supposed to be a direct fit.
Old Oct 20, 2009, 07:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Can you unbolt and clock the compressor housing down a bit?
Old Oct 20, 2009, 07:56 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This has been covered many times man. I had the same problem with the Original Buschur Deluxe FMIC. I talked to so many people about getting one custom made and the prices were rediculous. So i called Buschur and ask for their help. Exact words "Just buy a new FMIC." So i did........ETS FMIC. Good Luck!
Old Oct 20, 2009, 08:15 PM
EvoM Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
weird. I switched to a standard IX outlet pipe and made my own extension to fill the gap because I didn't want to buy a new pipe. Did the same when I put my BBK on and then I upgraded to a BR Race FMIC and made my own LICP with a nice 45° coupler and a basic aluminum U-bend, see my post about it in the HowTo section.
Old Oct 20, 2009, 08:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Yeah well that FMIC is ANCIENT I mean going on 6 years now. It's like trying to get a computer from 6 years ago to run with the best program of today. Give Dave a break.
Old Oct 20, 2009, 08:27 PM
Evolved Member

I wasn't aiming it at Dave, I really wasn't aiming anything at anyone...

Regardless, he told you to just buy a new FMIC? WTF, customer service is just **** today in this America's. I guess his customer service is made in china now

Thanks for the help...I guess.

I'll just do what we did with the last setup, and make my own ****, similar to scheides said.
Old Oct 20, 2009, 08:45 PM
Former Sponsor

u can make it fit by removing the j pipe , go to a good welder , get them to remove the the welding and turn the pipes a couple degrees then weld the j pipe back together , if u do that u will get a perfect fit , u dont need to buy anything just modify what u have there man ..
Old Oct 20, 2009, 09:30 PM
EvoM Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by High_PSI
Yeah well that FMIC is ANCIENT I mean going on 6 years now. It's like trying to get a computer from 6 years ago to run with the best program of today. Give Dave a break.
Eff that, they should make an outlet pipe that fits right. Not like its a super non-standard setup. However, I am a HUGE fan of the stock outlet pipe now. I have made tons of power on it, as have others, it's not really a restriction.
Old Oct 21, 2009, 07:01 AM
Evolving Member

The BR Deluxe kit comes with it's own j-pipe, which should line up perfectly. Why not just use that?
Old Oct 21, 2009, 07:04 AM
Former Sponsor

Use a hump coupler. Problem solved.
Old Oct 21, 2009, 09:55 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ExViTermini
I wasn't aiming it at Dave, I really wasn't aiming anything at anyone...

Regardless, he told you to just buy a new FMIC? WTF, customer service is just **** today in this America's. I guess his customer service is made in china now

Thanks for the help...I guess.

I'll just do what we did with the last setup, and make my own ****, similar to scheides said.

Exactly! And this was couple years ago for me. Not like it was outdated then. Sad thing is i really liked that Deluxe FMIC. It fit really well before all the new style turbos.
Old Oct 21, 2009, 09:58 AM
Evolving Member

I just paid attention to your pix. Yours comes alott closer to linning up than mine did! Mine barely touched on the outsides of the 2 ends.
Old Oct 21, 2009, 10:03 AM
Evolving Member

I had the same problem with my FpGreen just got a long coupler and used tclamps. running 27psi and never had it blow off. just make sure you get a long enough one so it fits at least an inch on each pipe