Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

My FP Black

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2011, 05:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
I have had the spoolinup cop for about 2yrs now and never had a problem. If I do I know what to do now. Sucks you only got one pass. Hopefully it works out for you Wed. Was this pass on pump or e85? Forgot if you made the switch already
Old Oct 23, 2011, 08:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by wizzo 8
I have had the spoolinup cop for about 2yrs now and never had a problem. If I do I know what to do now. Sucks you only got one pass. Hopefully it works out for you Wed. Was this pass on pump or e85? Forgot if you made the switch already
I believe Matt@SpoolinUp now ships a bigger fuse by default with his kits.

I checked the forecast...rain for Wednesday- ha!

Haven't had Jamie do the e85 tune yet. When I go back I'm going to have him install the Grimmspeed EBC, re-do my pump gas tune, and then do the e85 tune. I MIGHT wait until next season, though we'll see how things play out.

Have you made any passes since your build?

-Bink
Old Oct 23, 2011, 05:12 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
122mph is good for low 11's but I'm surprised you trapped so low to be honest. With your power level I would have expected 123-125mph. It did a 124 on the dynos 1/4 mile simulation and the trap speed is usually pretty accurate. Next time you do a 1/4 mile pass, let's get a log and make sure you aren't getting any shift-knock or anything. What RPM were you shifting at btw? Congrats on your first 11 second pass though. Let's work on a 10 second pass now lol.

-Jamie
Old Oct 23, 2011, 05:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Dynotech Tuning
122mph is good for low 11's but I'm surprised you trapped so low to be honest. With your power level I would have expected 123-125mph. It did a 124 on the dynos 1/4 mile simulation and the trap speed is usually pretty accurate. Next time you do a 1/4 mile pass, let's get a log and make sure you aren't getting any shift-knock or anything. What RPM were you shifting at btw? Congrats on your first 11 second pass though. Let's work on a 10 second pass now lol.

-Jamie
I was surprised by the lower MPH as well. I should have logged it, but was to caught up in the moment.

I think that was another part of my problem was that I was shifting at 8500. I think I should have been shifting around 8000. It happened so quickly and only got one run, but, I think I may have bounced it off the rev limit once or twice. I also didn't NTLS 1st to 2nd. There's a bunch of things I need to work on.

I can't go to the track Friday, I'm taking the GF out for her birthday, so lets hope it actually doesn't rain Wednesday.

Thanks, Jamie, happy to be part of the 11 second club, but I'd definitely be happier as part of the 10 second club

PS. Can't believe this is my 1000th post on EVOM...damn....

-Bink
Old Oct 23, 2011, 05:29 PM
Evolved Member

If I remember correctly you put down around 450 on a mustang dyno which is close to or around 500whp on a dynojet which is what I put down last year. I made a 126mph pass at that power level. So yea maybe some shift knock or something. I haven't made it to the track since the build. I just fixed my leaking valve stem seals. 3 of the exhaust valve stem seals popped off because I have dual valve springs and I guess its a known issue. Im on vacation the week of Halloween so I plan to convert to E85 and tune it during that week. Hopefully the weather will cooperate and I can make a pass or two before the season is over. If not this will be the first season I never made it to the track since I owned the car
Old Oct 23, 2011, 05:36 PM
Former Sponsor

Anything that offers 0whp down the track will lower your trap speed. Bouncing off the rev limiter will delay the shifting so power is lost slightly longer than it should. Did you end up keeping the spare tire installed?
Old Oct 24, 2011, 07:20 AM
Evolved Member

If I remember correctly you put down around 450 on a mustang dyno which is close to or around 500whp on a dynojet which is what I put down last year. I made a 126mph pass at that power level. So yea maybe some shift knock or something. I haven't made it to the track since the build. I just fixed my leaking valve stem seals. 3 of the exhaust valve stem seals popped off because I have dual valve springs and I guess its a known issue. Im on vacation the week of Halloween so I plan to convert to E85 and tune it during that week. Hopefully the weather will cooperate and I can make a pass or two before the season is over. If not this will be the first season I never made it to the track since I owned the car
Yeah, I definitely need to log the next time I make a pass. Ah, didn't know that was an issue with dual springs. I hope you can make at least one pass before the season ends!

Anything that offers 0whp down the track will lower your trap speed. Bouncing off the rev limiter will delay the shifting so power is lost slightly longer than it should. Did you end up keeping the spare tire installed?
That is a good point. Yes I did, as I didn't have anywhere to put it. Next time

-Bink
Old Oct 24, 2011, 04:24 PM
Evolved Member

Here is the break down of the slip:

R/T... 2.053
60'... 1.932
330... 5.146
1/8... 7.747
MPH... 96.34
1000... 9.992
1/4... 11.851
MPH... 121.90

Gained 26 MPH in the back half which isn't too bad. Just need more seat time I guess.

-Bink
Old Oct 24, 2011, 04:32 PM
Evolved Member

Definitely need to work on that 60ft. Low 11s for sure with a good 1.5-1.6 60ft
Old Oct 24, 2011, 04:39 PM
Evolved Member

Definitely need to work on that 60ft. Low 11s for sure with a good 1.5-1.6 60ft
Yeah, I really do need to get that down. I've never had a traction issue before, I've ALWAYS bogged my launches.

Jamie said to go into the burn-out pit to get the rocks off my tires and to warm them up a bit before I stage. Any other suggestions??

Of course the weather looks like it's going to rain for the 3rd Wednesday in a row....which would put an end to my racing season

Time to put my G-Tech to work

-Bink
Old Oct 24, 2011, 05:11 PM
Evolved Member

I have a gtech also but its not the same
Old Oct 25, 2011, 05:03 AM
Evolved Member

I have a gtech also but its not the same
True, but at least you can compare your runs before and after. They may not be as accurate as the track, but you can get a rough idea anyway. I need to figure out how I can weigh my car.

-Bink
Old Oct 25, 2011, 05:04 AM
Evolved Member

Started the EVO this morning in roughly 45 degree weather, it fired right up and stayed running! w00t! Thanks Jamie! Car ran great this morning

Couldn't be happier

-Bink
Old Oct 25, 2011, 05:40 AM
Former Sponsor

We offer vehicle weighing with our corner balancing scales, which weigh down to the pound. Not only will you receive the total vehicle weight, you also receive the weight per corner. I suggest weighing the vehicle with the items you generally keep inside the vehicle, tire pressures where you keep them on the streets and exactly a half tank of fuel so you have a good average weight depending on our overall fuel level at any given time.

Gaining 26mph in the back half sounds like 4th gear was a pretty clean pass. I'd say all of the time lost was in the first 1/8th mile. I was shifting at 8500rpm on the dyno and by the look of your power graph, that's a good rpm to shift at to make the most use of your powerband.

-Jamie

Last edited by Dynotech Tuning; Oct 31, 2011 at 01:09 PM.
Old Nov 8, 2011, 08:26 PM
Evolved Member

We offer vehicle weighing with our corner balancing scales, which weigh down to the pound. Not only will you receive the total vehicle weight, you also receive the weight per corner. I suggest weighing the vehicle with the items you generally keep inside the vehicle, tire pressures where you keep them on the streets and exactly a half tank of fuel so you have a good average weight depending on our overall fuel level at any given time.

Gaining 26mph in the back half sounds like 4th gear was a pretty clean pass. I'd say all of the time lost was in the first 1/8th mile. I was shifting at 8500rpm on the dyno and by the look of your power graph, that's a good rpm to shift at to make the most use of your powerband.

-Jamie
Well...no more track now, have to wait until next season...

-Bink

Quick Reply: My FP Black