Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Question: HKS DLI (Ignition Amplifier)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2009, 11:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Question: HKS DLI (Ignition Amplifier)

Has anyone ever heard of the HKS ignition amplifier ever just going bad and frying the coil ??? Im just curious ??? My coil definatly melted it'self down the other day... and stopped working... just worried if i install a new coil it will do the same ??

Moderator: If i posted this in the wrong place, im sorry im still new to the forum and let me know....

Help would be greatly appreciated...
Old Oct 29, 2009, 11:24 PM

Oh, only 1 coil went out... the other one got me home...
Old Oct 29, 2009, 11:44 PM
Evolving Member

nah it works good. Iv heard people switch from the hks to sparktechs ignition and saw a night and day difference. If your going to spend the money on a hks dli just replace the ignition and go with sparktechs cop. I think its only like a $50 diffrence. I personally have an okada ignition and my car is 500hp with no issues. So if you dont have the money buy the okada if you have the money buy sparktechs.

Last edited by 06redrocket; Oct 30, 2009 at 12:05 AM.
Old Oct 29, 2009, 11:53 PM

No, i have HKS already and i fried a coil... lol my hp when i got it dynoed was 487
Old Oct 30, 2009, 12:00 AM
Evolving Member

oh gotcha hmmm idk thats funny though because when my car dynoed at 470 it had the stock ignition haha and i never melted a coil . Idk though like i said before either go with the okada which is what i have or the sparktech which i wish i had and prob will end up getting . Its on sale so get it now https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...parkin-up.html
Old Oct 31, 2009, 09:46 AM

Dude this sucks.. i Replaced the coil and at 5k the car just sets on its a$$ it sucks... i unplugged the car to "reset" the ecu to re-learn the possible fuel curve problem.. and IT GOT WORSE .... i took out the HKS DLI 2 and there's no way to take it apart or clean it or anything... trying to find my stock ignition box...
Old Oct 31, 2009, 02:37 PM

Ok, so all said and done... the HKS DLI 2 went bad and fried my driver's side 1 and 4 coil pack... so yea... car runs good now.. with the new coil... and does anyone know the place where u take up warranty parts for HKS ????? lol
Old Nov 1, 2009, 09:08 AM
Evolved Member

How old is your DLI unit?

I remember a past discussion that basically led to the HKS harness as being the culprit.
Old Nov 2, 2009, 01:28 PM

Honestly, like 2 years ?? Ish... but, dont tell HKS that.. :P hahaha... it seems like the LED on the unit lights up and kinda is dim till you rev up and then it gets brighter.. i dont have another cable to test your theory.. but, im willing to spend $20 instead of $500 haha... any suggestions ?? I cant seem to get ahold of HKS and the people i bought my unit from are out of business so, yea... it's running right now.. but, kinda crapy since im used to that box... haha