Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Using port on Oil filter housing for FP oil feed line, now where do I put oil temp?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2012, 11:52 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry for bringing this back but has anyone tried the head spots on the driver side of motor?
Old Feb 1, 2012, 07:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Itchy
Sorry for bringing this back but has anyone tried the head spots on the driver side of motor?
To make this easy on myself I just got the AMS oil press sensor line. I removed the factory oil pressure switch from under the intake manifold on the block. Screwed the AMS line in. Then I put a tee at the end of the hose to give pressure to my factory switch and my aftermarket one. I zip tied the tee onto the firewall. Here is the link to the AMS line.
http://www.amsperformance.com/cart/A...Unit-Line.html
Old Feb 20, 2012, 11:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by wizzo 8
To make this easy on myself I just got the AMS oil press sensor line. I removed the factory oil pressure switch from under the intake manifold on the block. Screwed the AMS line in. Then I put a tee at the end of the hose to give pressure to my factory switch and my aftermarket one. I zip tied the tee onto the firewall. Here is the link to the AMS line.
http://www.amsperformance.com/cart/A...Unit-Line.html
i like the sound of this. I'm trying to figure out the best option to remove my sandwich plate. Does that AMS piece fit right into the stock pressure switch's hole in the block? I'm also going to find the proper source in the head for temperature, and just be done with the leaky sandwich plate. Would like to keep the FP oil feed line unmolested for peace of mind there.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 11:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Yes it is a direct fit but it is tight. 5-6k miles already and its been ok since.
Old Aug 11, 2012, 04:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How much difference in oil temp would there be if using the stock turbo oil feed location for oil temp instead of oilfilter housing?