Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Repeatability of the Dyno Flash - long term study data and dyno sheet

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2003 | 09:00 PM
Evolved Member

This is extacly like the Hip Hop Industry....East vs West, its more of a publicity stunt.

Last edited by EvoJimbo; Oct 22, 2003 at 09:02 PM.
Old Oct 22, 2003 | 09:02 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by timzcat
I have only one thing to say:

Al has the customer service and answers his PMs

I was all signed up for the dyno day with Vishnu.
I was unable to reach Vishnu by any means so I decided it was better to have the support to back up the product.
I'll second that. I am scheduled for the Nov. 1 date, and Al has replied to about a dozen messages getting everything set since I am driving from 12 hours away. He always gets back to me the same day. You can't beat his customer service.
Old Oct 22, 2003 | 09:08 PM
Evolving Member

First of all I have respect for both of these venders, since I have read most of these threads on this forum and they do know what they are talking about, I think I would like to go with dynoflash when he comes to California simply because he tunes your car with aftermarket intake systems (I have RMR) where as Vishnu does not recommend intakes at all, if they did tune the car with intake then I would go with either vendor that comes down here and sets up a dyno tune day.
Old Oct 22, 2003 | 09:26 PM
Account Disabled

Originally posted by trev0006
First of all I have respect for both of these venders, since I have read most of these threads on this forum and they do know what they are talking about, I think I would like to go with dynoflash when he comes to California simply because he tunes your car with aftermarket intake systems (I have RMR) where as Vishnu does not recommend intakes at all, if they did tune the car with intake then I would go with either vendor that comes down here and sets up a dyno tune day.
we will tune for ANY combination of modifications the customer wants.

Although an air filter upgrade can cause a lot of misreading on the MAF meter we find that with some fine tuning we usually are able to dial in the a/f ratio right were we want it - irespective of the type of intake used - although it sometimes does take a whole lot of work to get it dialed in with some of those cheaper intakes - they cause serious osilations in the maf signal

You are best to stay stock if you want your car to run well under all conditions

I use the RMR intake on my car and it is decent

For anyone doing a 300 whp and lower evo I recomend highly the K & N panel filter which gives all the benefits of the stock air box and which makes 5 whp over the stock insert

The ARC unit is another very good item which makes mad power gains but will prob break your bank account - I know Adam at Z1 auto sells them at a good price

HKS suction kit is great but makes most of its perceived gains by raising the a/f ratio by almost a full point leaner

Last edited by DynoFlash; Oct 22, 2003 at 09:28 PM.
Old Oct 22, 2003 | 09:43 PM
Evolving Member

I'm the guy who's evo was tuned by al that gained 40+whp .....im super happy with the tuning and definately recommend it to anyone.....in my 6 years of hookin up cars this is by far the best bang hp wise for the all mighty $$$.....this is a definate must for everyone!
Old Oct 22, 2003 | 09:45 PM
Evolving Member

I did not read through all the BS so forgive me if it has already been posted. So are you saying about the ECU mods piggybacks and reflashes that they stay tuned to the correct specs that it was tuned or does the ECU relearn it origenal mode. I am asking this because the post is about "repeatablity".
Thanks
Old Oct 22, 2003 | 09:56 PM

How about sending one stock Evo to Al,one stock Evo to Shiv,specifying a certain amount of money,($4000.00) to be spent on each car in mods, for a daily street driven car that will last, and see which one produces a higher whp than the other, built to last car. Also needs to be done in a set time frame. 1-2 weeks.
Old Oct 22, 2003 | 10:02 PM

The Forums would be able to keep tabs on the progress of both cars with updates and dyno sheets. (using similar Dyno's). If either of you guys,Shiv,Al are interested, let me know. Almost like a Custom Bike Builder Build Off!
Old Oct 22, 2003 | 10:13 PM
Evolved Member

Can someone refresh me on the ideal A/F numbers for the Evo8 please?

I think it's supposedly safe over 11.0 but under 12.0, right? I'm confused because on the graphs Al posted I couldn't tell if the a/f got richer or leaner since i wasn't sure which way was which.

Thanks.
Old Oct 22, 2003 | 10:26 PM
Account Disabled

Originally posted by CweSt eVo
I'm the guy who's evo was tuned by al that gained 40+whp .....im super happy with the tuning and definately recommend it to anyone.....in my 6 years of hookin up cars this is by far the best bang hp wise for the all mighty $$$.....this is a definate must for everyone!
Thanks man - I appreciate your support - keep going strong with your car and get to the track quickly !
Old Oct 22, 2003 | 10:40 PM
Account Disabled

Originally posted by JRock
Can someone refresh me on the ideal A/F numbers for the Evo8 please?

I think it's supposedly safe over 11.0 but under 12.0, right? I'm confused because on the graphs Al posted I couldn't tell if the a/f got richer or leaner since i wasn't sure which way was which.

Thanks.
It depends on a lot of factors which all need to be evaluated - such as fuel used - boost level - driving style - etc

Genereally we shoot for the 10.8 - 11.1 a/f range peak with a fat rich zone in the middle about where the car makes mag trq
Old Oct 22, 2003 | 10:52 PM
Evolved Member

ok, and the danger zone starts when you get near 12.0 right?
Old Oct 22, 2003 | 10:59 PM
Evolving Member

That is the point that you do not want to go past!!! The 11.1 leaves a little safety zone for say weather and travel to different region.
Old Oct 22, 2003 | 11:00 PM
Account Disabled

Originally posted by JRock
ok, and the danger zone starts when you get near 12.0 right?
Well depending on your boost, fuel and other factors you may be in the 12.4 range - but in my cases - dealing with mostly stock evos and mostly on pump gas I feel best at 10.80 / 1

A bit rich - but plenty of cooling fuel to keep matters safe
Old Oct 22, 2003 | 11:00 PM
Evolving Member

So the word on the EVO is the ECU does not relearn its old traits???

Quick Reply: Repeatability of the Dyno Flash - long term study data and dyno sheet