Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Forge Splitter BOV vs. APS Dual Vent BOV vs. TurboSmart Dual-Port BOV. Suggestions???

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2009, 03:38 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Forge Splitter BOV vs. APS Dual Vent BOV vs. TurboSmart Dual-Port BOV. Suggestions???

I have a 2005 EVO VIII, and I want to buy a dual output bov, that will vta and recirculate at the same time. Which one is the best??? I want a loud one with no leaks, no stalling and no surge. Three options I found are: Forge Splitter, APS Dual Vent and TurboSmart Dual-Port. I am thinking about Forge, because of it's value, but I might be wrong. I am running at 21psi. Need suggestions, please!!!
Old Nov 17, 2009, 03:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well, I went with the APS just because I had read great reviews on here, this being said I have no experience with the other two. The APS is not supposed to let air out both vents, instead it is a recirculating BOV but if running at VERY HIGH or in an over boost situation it will VTA. It is louder than stock, that is for sure, but not by a huge amount. I like it because it gets the job done, no leaks, protects against a crazy boost spike and can hold my 30psi without problem. Solid piece. Oh, and it can be adjusted to run whatever boost you want, so if you are lookin to VTA you can soften it up, or if your like me and only want to recirculate, you can adjust it to your needs... Good purchase, would do it again...
Old Nov 17, 2009, 05:15 PM
Evolving Member

i tested the forge splitter and had no problems with it
Old Nov 17, 2009, 05:37 PM
Evolving Member

i had my old tuner install a tial vta on my stock setup and he tuned it right to work with the MAF. if your tuner is worth his corn he should be able to do the same if you want a loud BOV
Old Nov 18, 2009, 03:49 AM
Evolving Member

Anybody else????
Old Nov 18, 2009, 03:58 AM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
WHy are you wanting a after market bov? That is soo point less mang. You're boosting 21psi and you want a "COOL" sounding BOV!?!?!
Just stick with the IX BOV, that **** will hold better than any other after market bov and it's not like you're boosting over 26+ psi. daily, so stick with the IX BOV IMHO.
Old Nov 18, 2009, 03:59 AM
Evolving Member

i was told to get the aps from my instructor on an HPDE NASA event, i have the greddy rs and it would actually jump my car around in hard turns where i would be feathering the gas, i tried his out and alll that was gone!, if your not racing and just want to upgrade or want some noise, get the cheapest you can find with a reputation. im geting the APS
Old Nov 18, 2009, 07:20 AM
Former Sponsor

Aps works great on my evo
Old Nov 18, 2009, 08:33 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I have personally seen issues with the APS bov where it caught a burr on the piston and wouldn't close. I have never had experience with the others.

I would personally stay away from VTA unless running blow through or speed density as it could cause premature engine failure.
Old Nov 18, 2009, 02:44 PM
Evolving Member

Did anyone experienced any problems with Forge Splitter BOV???
Old Nov 18, 2009, 02:53 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by dvd_mi
I have a 2005 EVO VIII, and I want to buy a dual output bov, that will vta and recirculate at the same time. Which one is the best??? I want a loud one with no leaks, no stalling and no surge. Three options I found are: Forge Splitter, APS Dual Vent and TurboSmart Dual-Port. I am thinking about Forge, because of it's value, but I might be wrong. I am running at 21psi. Need suggestions, please!!!
Forge worked very well for me on my VW. Everyone in the VW world was using forge. Mainly because they didn't turn the CEL on. It sounded great and I would recommend it. I love my Tial more though .
Old Nov 19, 2009, 04:08 AM
Evolving Member

Anybody tested Forged Splitter on EVO???
Old Nov 19, 2009, 04:51 AM
Evolving Member

aps on mine. Amazing bov.
Old Nov 19, 2009, 05:14 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Going from stock to tial bov probably this winter. Damn stocker at higher boost leaks like a ****!

Haven't put much thought into looking in depth at the other brands...
Old Nov 19, 2009, 07:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
APS. It requires you take it apart and clean it from time to time. But it is the best BOV I've used, and I've been through stock, Greddy, HKS, and Forge.

Quick Reply: Forge Splitter BOV vs. APS Dual Vent BOV vs. TurboSmart Dual-Port BOV. Suggestions???