Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

FP Black going on my Dyno Queen

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2009, 11:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
so when you bored with this in a couple weeks i get it right
Old Nov 20, 2009, 11:51 AM
Evolving Member

All im saying is that Lucas has pointed out that hes using this turbo on a big cam high compression motor! Previous tests have not stated that they used big cam and high compression! On an average car this turbo will make alot less power (50whp)!

The turbine and the housing will never allow it to flow and I honestly cant see this turbo making as much power as a regular GT35R!

Great turbo non the less! I mean for a bolt on turbo you cant ask for more!!!

Only test i have seen that shows realistic numbers were by Dave B.

Last edited by Driven Innovations; Nov 20, 2009 at 11:55 AM.
Old Nov 20, 2009, 11:59 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Driven Innovations
All im saying is that Lucas has pointed out that hes using this turbo on a big cam high compression motor! Previous tests have not stated that they used big cam and high compression! On an average car this turbo will make alto less power (50whp)!

The turbine and the housing will never allow it to flow and I honestly cant see this turbo making as much power as a regular GT35R!

Great turbo non the less! I mean for a bolt on turbo you cant ask for more!!!

Only test i have seen that shows realistic numbers were by Dave B.
And here we go again
Old Nov 20, 2009, 12:04 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Turbojunkie
And here we go again
Come on now! It made 60whp over red! Thats realistic nothing more nothing less!

Sorry not trying to argue!

Last edited by Driven Innovations; Nov 20, 2009 at 12:08 PM.
Old Nov 20, 2009, 12:21 PM
Evolved Member

Robert at FP's car also made 635/640 on a 2.3 or 2.4 with FP5r/FP4r cams...not sure the fuel though...His could also be the exception, which it prob is, but just saying...not sure the compression of his motor either.
Old Nov 20, 2009, 01:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Driven Innovations
Come on now! It made 60whp over red! Thats realistic nothing more nothing less!

Sorry not trying to argue!
I guess the question is........ what is a realistic number and what are the conditions or circumstances that would dictate a " realistic number" ? Are we talking realistic numbers from provided dyno numbers or assumptions on what one would like to believe it should put down?
Old Nov 20, 2009, 01:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 70 Likes on 52 Posts
Let's not discuss numbers but rather what this DJ number means for times (low low 10s high 130s if not 140+). This isnt even all thats left in it actually. There is more than 670whp if Luke were to choose to dump to atmo and reconfig some of the other areas that would cause backpressure and resulting power loss.
Old Nov 20, 2009, 01:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JohnBradley
Let's not discuss numbers but rather what this DJ number means for times (low low 10s high 130s if not 140+). This isnt even all thats left in it actually. There is more than 670whp if Luke were to choose to dump to atmo and reconfig some of the other areas that would cause backpressure and resulting power loss.
sorry aaron. not trying to stir the pot !

Last edited by Turbojunkie; Nov 20, 2009 at 03:28 PM.
Old Nov 20, 2009, 02:03 PM
Evolved Member

No worries, it was a general statement and not directed at anyone. There will always be the Mustang vs DynoJet controversy not much we can do about that. Its just having the mindset that a DJ number means this time and a Mustang number means that time.

my 2c
Old Nov 24, 2009, 06:29 AM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
nasty setup...bet that's fun on the street
Old Nov 24, 2009, 10:32 AM
Evolved Member

Torquey, quiet, and very responsive....no traction until third with a little spirited launch (not even a full launch). All in all pretty awesome.
Old Nov 25, 2009, 02:33 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
very very nice!

cb
Old Nov 28, 2009, 11:15 PM
Evolved Member

While these might not be able to compete with a regular hta 35r HP wise, the torque that they produce is rediculous. Mid 6xxs on torque is in the hta86 and 6262 range.
Old Dec 9, 2009, 06:23 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Steve93Talon
From talking to Jens at FIC and Tom at DSMlink, the injectors are very well engineered by Bosch, and the latencies out of the box should be extremely well matched already. Not to discredit the work that ID has done, but it seems that even the cheaper FIC versions are working very well for everyone who's tried them.
Actually, over a batch of 200 injectors, there is about an 8% spread at low pulsewidths when not matched dynamically with this particular injector. 8% spread from cylinder to cylinder at idle and part throttle can have a pretty noticable affect on idle quality and driveability.

That's much better than Siemens injectors out of the box. We just did some testing for a big company who was having misfire issues with a kit they were working on. When they sent the injectors in for testing, they met Siemens spec of +- 6% static flow, but the dead times varied so much that there was a 40% flow variation across the batch at 2ms pulsewidth!!!!!!

Matching injectors dynamically is a much bigger deal than most people realize...

Old Dec 9, 2009, 07:47 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Tony1
Actually, over a batch of 200 injectors, there is about an 8% spread at low pulsewidths when not matched dynamically with this particular injector. 8% spread from cylinder to cylinder at idle and part throttle can have a pretty noticable affect on idle quality and driveability.

That's much better than Siemens injectors out of the box. We just did some testing for a big company who was having misfire issues with a kit they were working on. When they sent the injectors in for testing, they met Siemens spec of +- 6% static flow, but the dead times varied so much that there was a 40% flow variation across the batch at 2ms pulsewidth!!!!!!

Matching injectors dynamically is a much bigger deal than most people realize...
I appreciate the reply, and I understand and respect the work that ID has done to bring these injectors to the attention of the EVO and DSM community. As I pointed out, though, there are many people running the FIC version with great success as well.

Regardless of the theory behind one or the other, or which one works better in the real world, the biggest selling point for me is fitment. I personally know 2 people who have pulled the ID2000s out in favor of the FIC version because they were very unhappy with how they fit. The tapered adapter cone doesn't have a top seat to hold the injector in place, and they are too tall. The FIC seems to be a direct drop-in that fits as well as a stock injector. Perhaps you could pass this info along to ID and have them give an explanation of why their adapter is designed like it is.

Quick Reply: FP Black going on my Dyno Queen