Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

FP Black going on my Dyno Queen

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2009, 08:53 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What most people don't seem to realize is that there is always fuel pressure pushing down on the injector, the injector staying in place isn't a result of the rail pushing down on the injector. They are not too tall, they are the exact length oring to oring as the ID1000's for the EVO, which tons of people have used with no fitment problems.

The ID adaptor tops also incorporate a replacable filter which will minimize problems with trash ending up in the injectors. FIC does not.... yet....
Old Dec 9, 2009, 10:41 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Tony1
What most people don't seem to realize is that there is always fuel pressure pushing down on the injector, the injector staying in place isn't a result of the rail pushing down on the injector. They are not too tall, they are the exact length oring to oring as the ID1000's for the EVO, which tons of people have used with no fitment problems.

The ID adaptor tops also incorporate a replacable filter which will minimize problems with trash ending up in the injectors. FIC does not.... yet....
I understand that fuel pressure is what keeps the injector down, but you have to realize that (mis)perception can become reality, and if someone's injector is loose and able to be lifted out of it's lower seat, that can be a little unnerving.

Also, you have to take into consideration that alot of people, especially at the power level where 2000cc injectors are required, perform boost leak tests religously. You can see where the problem is there.

As for the height, I've not personally seen them side by side with the FIC so I can't comment further, I'm only relaying what I've heard from someone who's used both.

The filter is a valid point but again comes down to theoretically better vs. real world. Could there be a benefit if something gets past the inline filter on the feed line? Sure. Have people been getting along fine all these years with injectors without a filter built in? Yep.

I think now that FIC has started offering these injectors for less money, you're in the difficult marketing position of proving that the ID version is "Better enough" to justify the cost difference. In the case of this thread, the car is showing great results with the FIC2150s.

In the spirit of not taking this thread off-topic any more than we have, I'd suggest starting a new thread with your test data and, ideally, some real world back to back testing showing why people should be considering the ID option. There's no such thing as too much information, and I think people would appreciate anything you put out there to help them make the most informed decision possible.
Old Dec 9, 2009, 02:25 PM
Evolving Member

Seriously? Injector Dynamics has put more information out there than anyone. I would think it would be the job of those claiming to have 'the same thing' to show it. FIC has hardly any information out there about these injectors, just riding on ID's coat tails with the following that has been created by the testing and data done to bring these to the market.
Old Dec 10, 2009, 09:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 65 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by Steve93Talon
In the spirit of not taking this thread off-topic any more than we have, I'd suggest starting a new thread with your test data and, ideally, some real world back to back testing showing why people should be considering the ID option. There's no such thing as too much information, and I think people would appreciate anything you put out there to help them make the most informed decision possible.
That would be cool. We have used both in 2 different cars. We swapped the FICs from mine to Luke and back. I posted data in this thread:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ec...0cc-notes.html

The first page has all the relevant data as far as IDCs at a given airflow/power level. I think you are suggesting a different kind of test, but in any event a seperate thread would be a good way to keep data clear and unmuddled.