Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Dump tube broke from wastegate

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2009, 06:57 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dump tube broke from wastegate

I have an hta35r kit from buschur, and today the dump tube broke where the weld on the flange that connects to the wastegate. the tube flew out from under my car.. went back and picked it up off the side of the rode. I will post pics soon.

any ideas what would cause this, and how do i get a new one? Can buschur racing send me a new dump tube or is this a made to order type of thing?

Last edited by whiptheevo8; Nov 28, 2009 at 07:30 PM.
Old Nov 28, 2009, 07:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Yes, I am sure you can get another dump tube.
Old Nov 28, 2009, 07:09 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by whiptheevo8
I have an hta35r kit from buschur, and today the dump tube broke where the weld on the flange that connects to the wastegate. the tube flew out from under my car.. went back and picked it up off the side of the rode. I will post pics soon.

any ideas what would cause this, and how do i get a new one? Can buschur racing send me a new dump tube or is this a made to order type of thing?
wow, that should not have happend but call him up im sure he will send u a new one for free.
Old Nov 28, 2009, 07:20 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by dsm25psi
wow, that should not have happend but call him up im sure he will send u a new one for free.
they are closed on the weekends so i am waiting till monday to call.
Hopefully they will work with me on this.
Old Nov 28, 2009, 07:37 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by whiptheevo8
they are closed on the weekends so i am waiting till monday to call.
Hopefully they will work with me on this.
dont worry, I'm sure he will send you a new one asap.
Old Nov 30, 2009, 08:25 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by dsm25psi
dont worry, I'm sure he will send you a new one asap.
Well.. because i purchased the kit from a member on Evom i am having to purchase a new dump tube.
Old Nov 30, 2009, 08:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I guess LIFETIME warranty means the lifetime of the first person to buy it. That's too bad.

Who owns it does not affect the quality (or lack thereof) of the part or the welds that failed.
Old Nov 30, 2009, 11:33 AM
Evolved Member

happened to me twice. No big deal just get a new one.
Old Nov 30, 2009, 11:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Glad I wasn't driving behind you...

I would think that BR will take care for this for you - either way good luck..
Old Nov 30, 2009, 11:55 AM
Evolved Member

why not just get it welded back on for like 5-10 bucks at a mufler shop?
Old Nov 30, 2009, 11:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by CO_VR4
I guess LIFETIME warranty means the lifetime of the first person to buy it. That's too bad.

Who owns it does not affect the quality (or lack thereof) of the part or the welds that failed.
Yea this is the way it is in most cases. Warranty only applies to the Original owner I understand your point though why should it matter in a case of a manufacturing defect.

I feeling is unless something hit it causing it to break off it should be covered regardless.
Old Nov 30, 2009, 06:18 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Joshs EVO
happened to me twice. No big deal just get a new one.
yep that is what i did. things happen..

Originally Posted by Philthy748
Glad I wasn't driving behind you...

I would think that BR will take care for this for you - either way good luck..
I am very glad i did not have anyone behind me or this could have been a bit more of a pain in the wallet.
Old Nov 30, 2009, 10:17 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by gsrboi80
Yea this is the way it is in most cases. Warranty only applies to the Original owner I understand your point though why should it matter in a case of a manufacturing defect.

I feeling is unless something hit it causing it to break off it should be covered regardless.

Because when the original owner chooses to buy it brand new from buschur racing, he is also paying for the service and warranty that comes with it. You have to understand this from the manufacturer's end. I would say over time 95% of all dumptubes will break like this or crack at the very least. Its not a manufacturing defect, its a stainless steel race part that faces many heat cycles, vibrations, etc....If the manufacturer is going to just replace them for free forever to anyone, why bother buying new? You have to remember the vendors that provide the help, insight, reviews, etc have bills they have to pay also
Old Dec 1, 2009, 05:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
Properly welded SS should not break at the weld. A break from impact is a different story. Thats like saying 95% of all manifolds or exhaust systems will do the same both see vibration too. Come on now.

I understand all warranty's are for the original owners just saying a manufacturing defect is just that no matter who built it.
Old Dec 1, 2009, 06:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by JesseB
Because when the original owner chooses to buy it brand new from buschur racing, he is also paying for the service and warranty that comes with it. You have to understand this from the manufacturer's end. I would say over time 95% of all dumptubes will break like this or crack at the very least. Its not a manufacturing defect, its a stainless steel race part that faces many heat cycles, vibrations, etc....If the manufacturer is going to just replace them for free forever to anyone, why bother buying new? You have to remember the vendors that provide the help, insight, reviews, etc have bills they have to pay also
Bull. If you buy it direct from Shearer, who makes the SS manifold and other parts in the kit, they come with a LIFETIME WARRANTY. Why would simply transferring the part to another owner cause a failure or any change in the warranty?

If you buy a used car that's still under warranty, the warranty doesn't disappear.

The quality of the part and the welding is what we're talking about. A SS part that is properly designed, welded and supported should never break.

Quick Reply: Dump tube broke from wastegate