Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Need help oil leak from block/head

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2010, 04:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Start easy..... did you check the manifold studs?
Old Jan 23, 2010, 04:36 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by revvin9k
Start easy..... did you check the manifold studs?
What would the manifold studs have to do with oil leaking from in between the block and the head?
Old Jan 23, 2010, 04:40 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mayberry
What would the manifold studs have to do with oil leaking from in between the block and the head?

They can leak if not tightened down fully. Without seeing anything else in that pic to tell me other wise, I suggested he start there.
Old Jan 24, 2010, 11:26 AM
Evolving Member

look to be coming from the front under the manifold where head meets block. from very left to the 2 second freeze out plug going to the right.
Old Jan 24, 2010, 05:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No I am saying I personally put the head with brand new studs and a brand new gasket and it leaked. I didn't attempt to fix it yet. And the studs can leak oil as the lead right through the head into the region under the valve cover. I do not think its the studs in your case from looking at the pics.
Old Jan 25, 2010, 02:36 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 20gmr
No I am saying I personally put the head with brand new studs and a brand new gasket and it leaked. I didn't attempt to fix it yet. And the studs can leak oil as the lead right through the head into the region under the valve cover. I do not think its the studs in your case from looking at the pics.
o great lol. my buddy said he would send the head out to his buddys shop might be uneven and will need to be machined
Old Jan 25, 2010, 02:46 PM
fre
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by snakebite
o great lol. my buddy said he would send the head out to his buddys shop might be uneven and will need to be machined
Just lay a straight edge across it in the center lengthwise and see if it teeter totters or if there are any gaps between the straight edge and the head.
Old Jan 26, 2010, 11:12 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 20gmr
did u have any problems besides wiping the oil off once in awhile? no problems when car is raced?
Old Jan 26, 2010, 11:47 AM
Evolving Member

if its truly a buschur stage 3 head/block they would have checked it for squareness. not to mention everything would have been decked. did the PO do assembly or buschur? and if you say its only under boost how do you know a washer isnt sealed on a feed/drain line and squirting onto the block? im sure your head is fine just look around a little better. good luck!
Old Jan 26, 2010, 12:13 PM
fre
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by KTriplett
if its truly a buschur stage 3 head/block they would have checked it for squareness. not to mention everything would have been decked. did the PO do assembly or buschur? and if you say its only under boost how do you know a washer isnt sealed on a feed/drain line and squirting onto the block? im sure your head is fine just look around a little better. good luck!
You have to remember just because Buschur built it doesn't mean he didn't overheat it at some point and warp it.
Old Jan 26, 2010, 12:31 PM
Evolving Member

true. but im really hoping if anything to that nature has happened to where he would have an idea why he has a problem that he wouldnt be on here asking what we think is wrong.
Old Jan 27, 2010, 07:52 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by KTriplett
PO mechanic it assembled the head to the block and used arp bolts. it doesnt look like its coming from anywhere else besides where the head meets the block. ill try to get better pictures later today. and i now noticed it gets wet under regular driving conditons after a lil while
Old Jan 27, 2010, 11:53 AM
Evolving Member

now looks like its all across the front of the motor

here are some pics

looking at motor to the left

Middle

this is the right side wher the head meets the block it is also where there is a drip trail

Last edited by snakebite; Jan 27, 2010 at 11:55 AM.
Old Jan 27, 2010, 07:26 PM
Evolving Member

just wanna let u guys know im running mobile 1 10w30 because of the cold. now could this be from the oil being to thin for the motor?
Old Jan 27, 2010, 07:31 PM
fre
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by snakebite
just wanna let u guys know im running mobile 1 10w30 because of the cold. now could this be from the oil being to thin for the motor?
10w30 is standard weight, actually stock recommends thinner 5w30 so your fine as far as oil weight goes. Do you ever remember running your car hard for an extended period of time?

Quick Reply: Need help oil leak from block/head