Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Quaife or Wavetrac?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2010, 09:19 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Stock Evo RS Diff is what we use.. Proven to work pretty well in drag conditions.. Havent tested in road course just yet..

Mike
Old Jan 5, 2010, 09:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 245 Likes on 220 Posts
Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
Stock Evo RS Diff is what we use.. Proven to work pretty well in drag conditions.. Havent tested in road course just yet..

Mike
gotcha. maybe i'll just look into strengthening the stock version
Old Jan 5, 2010, 11:33 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

I'm not a "drag racer", but it's my understanding that people other than AMS have shattered an RS front dif "drag racing". Now we can go into the this and that of those happenings, but truth is in what it's REALLY used for. If I had a nickel for every time I had a customer tell me they need this or that built for the "occasional track day", only to find out years later they never made that "occasional track day", I'd be rich. I'm not busting their *****, but I AM saying be honest with yourself. MOST people would do just fine with the RS dif. I have myself for quite a while. However, others might should go straight to the Quaife/Wavetrac. Only you being honest with yourself can answer that question.
Old Jan 7, 2010, 09:23 PM
Evolved Member

I had the RS front lsd in my VIII and it a HUGE improvement over an open diff obviously. I've also had the quaife in another car. I personally perfer Quaife over any other. They will actually warranty your parts if something breaks, and like I said "if". These things are work horses. With the stock helical LSD's if you get wheel hop you can pop them in a hurry during a launch.
Old Jan 7, 2010, 11:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've raced my hillclimb car with both the Cusco and Wavetrac. You could feel/hear the Cusco working, very aggressive and you could tell it was working to pull you out of the corners. The Wavetrack works, but you don't feel like its working as hard. My Cusco was a 1.5way diff so they're slightly different in that respect, but I'm primarily comparing thier on-throttle performance.

FWIW, I run on mixed surfaces, both tarmac and gravel and have a MoTeC MDC to control the ACD system. Rear of the car had a 2-way Cusco for a bit, and now I've got a Carbonetics 1.5way in the back.

Dave
Old Apr 11, 2012, 09:54 AM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
what about carbonetic front lsd ? is it better than wavetrac in noise and performance,have no bearing issue ?