Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

quick question

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2009 | 02:29 PM
Evolving Member

quick question

I was just looking at my rear wheel and noticed grease all over it. I jacked up the rear and noticed a tare in the boot that connects to the rear wheel hub, NOT THE DIFFERENTIAL. There is still a little grease in there but not much. What is this boot covering? the wheel bearing?

I have been having a shake in my gas pedal and steering wheel and i just got an alignment and wheels balanced and i though that would take care of it but it still shakes. I also hear a noise when i drive at almost any speeds that sounds like a reverberating "woo woo woo woo" sound. Could anyone help me out and give me there opinion?

THANKS!
Old Dec 7, 2009 | 02:30 PM
Evolving Member

u talking about the axel boot?
Old Dec 7, 2009 | 02:34 PM
Evolving Member

yea i think so..it was packing with grease but its the boot that connects to the rotor sections not the boot that connects to the diff
Old Dec 7, 2009 | 02:39 PM
Evolved Member

mine busted 2 years ago...i check up on it once in awhile but no problems as of yet. It's my DD as well. Better safe than sorry though...Too bad I don't heed my own advice.
Old Dec 7, 2009 | 03:01 PM
Evolving Member

yea i dont really wanna leave mine busted and run into problems down the line. But was is the grease for? is it for the bearings or jsut the axle?
Old Dec 8, 2009 | 02:56 PM
Evolving Member

anyone else?