Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

ACD Pump GONE!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2009, 11:34 AM
EvoM Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by sblvro
if you have the 05 evo8, non-MR, then it doesn't have the ACD.
How on earth did you get to be a moderator here :P ALL 05's came from the factory with ACD.

Great pics ernie. The easiest thing to look for on the ACD xfer case (while its is in the car) is the ACD bleeder valve on the bottom of it. It looks just like a brake bleeder or clutch slave cyl bleeder. From the top of the xfer case, there's hard lines (slightly bigger than brake lines) that run to the passenger-side-rear of the engine bay, along the frame to the passenger front of the engine bay, under the radiator support across the front of the car, and then up and into the ACD pump (or where it would be, in this case!).
Old Dec 12, 2009, 12:33 PM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by scheides
How on earth did you get to be a moderator here :P ALL 05's came from the factory with ACD.

as you can see I am the 249th member of evom since it started. yup, missed the 05 without ACD, as I have the 06 IX MR. its been awhile.
Old Jan 5, 2010, 05:58 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
*UPDATE*

Ok, the dealership installed the ACD pump over Christmas break, but is having a few issues. Upon start up, the ACD lights are normal and I can switch between modes, but after driving for about 15-30 sec, all 3 lights will come on again. I spoke to the mechanic and he said that he bled the system several times to try and alleviate the problem. Installation went well without any issue and he said that pump is operational. The only thing the mechanic mentioned is the fact that he does not have the "special tool" that Mitsu has for working on these ACD systems.

The mechanic holds many ASE certifications and recertifications spanning over 20 years so I don't believe that it is installation error or that the pump is bad. I have read several Evo owners discussing this "special tool" that Mitsu has and am inquiring as to my options. I have already emailed Jacks Transmissions here in the Springs area and am waiting for a response.

My 2 options are either Jacks or Mitsu Dealership. The dealership owner is taking care of the bill 100% so money isn't a factor, just the best care for the Evo. Any help is much appreciated.
Old Jan 5, 2010, 06:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I really hope you have your issue resolved because I could imagine that it's a PITA.

I've heard awesome things about Jack's Transmissions and would not hesitate to have them work on my car or use any of their products.

-Jalal
Old Jan 5, 2010, 07:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good to hear your getting it fixed. I was gonna say PM me an offer I may pull my 06 ACD pump with 17k miles on it and put it in the for sale section.
Old Jan 16, 2010, 07:06 PM
Evolving Member

*UPDATE*

Finally got the Evo back on Wed. The ACD is operational now. I've tested it out the past couple of days and the car hugs the road now. All I need is some new tires when winter season is over and hit up the Auto X track.
Old Jan 16, 2010, 07:33 PM
Evolving Member

one of the previous owners prolly effed up the original t-case and put an older t-case with no ACD in it as a replacement. just get yourself a new gauge cluster from a 03-04 evo 8
Old Feb 1, 2010, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by ravnos04
*UPDATE*

Finally got the Evo back on Wed. The ACD is operational now. I've tested it out the past couple of days and the car hugs the road now. All I need is some new tires when winter season is over and hit up the Auto X track.
Who fixed the issue? dealer or jacks? and what was the issue?
Old Feb 2, 2010, 08:42 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ActofDuty
Who fixed the issue? dealer or jacks? and what was the issue?
It was Quality Mitsu that fixed it, Jack's couldn't see me in time. It was the linkage between the pump and the xfer case. Like a $250 fix, but Trinity Motors paid for all of repairs. Had the car back a few weeks and no prob what-so-ever now.