Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

ACD Pump GONE!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2009, 01:46 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ACD Pump GONE!

Well,

Just found out that the reason my ACD lights were on is because...you guessed it...it's missing! Now I've read on here people paying RIDICULOUS amounts for that part. Is there any reason why someone would remove that part?

I am the 3rd owner and can't get in contact with any other owners. Tranny looks like it had some work done, but don't know any particulars right this second, car is still in shop.

Any help would be most appreciated...don't really want to drop $2k+ on this part if I don't need to.
Old Dec 11, 2009, 01:48 PM
Evolved Member

I would not spend 2k on a new one because it might go bad in another 40-50k miles. My pump went bad around 60k and I ve yet to replace it. You can always buy a used one on here they usually go for $300-$500.
Old Dec 11, 2009, 02:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by CAD EVO
I would not spend 2k on a new one because it might go bad in another 40-50k miles. My pump went bad around 60k and I ve yet to replace it. You can always buy a used one on here they usually go for $300-$500.

Agreed just keep a eye on the for sale threads .
Old Dec 11, 2009, 03:12 PM
Evolving Member

Is it possible that one of the previous owners had an issue with the TC, and put a non ACD unit in? If the car is a at shop, put it on a rack and see if you have the lines for the ACD connected to the TC.
Old Dec 11, 2009, 03:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
how does the car feel/drive without the pump?
Old Dec 11, 2009, 03:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
were did it go?
Old Dec 11, 2009, 05:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
check and make sure that your transfer case hasn't been replaced with a NON-ACD case...that would explain pretty much everything.
Old Dec 11, 2009, 07:25 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by R/TErnie
check and make sure that your transfer case hasn't been replaced with a NON-ACD case...that would explain pretty much everything.

what would a non-acd xfer case look like compared to acd one? Jack's Transmissions said they only installed clutch on the car. I have driven the car for about 1.5k miles without knowledge of this. I hope no other parts were damaged in the tranny cuz of the dealerships negligence.

Their so called inspection was probably done by someone who doesn't know what the hell to look for in this car. So as far as I know, I'm taking the car back to them on Mon so they can conduct their own assessment and start on the necessary steps to rectify their mistake. Not only were they endangering myself and anyone who steps into the car, like my wife, but negligently selling something that wasn't safe is a huge mistake. So I'm on top of it, but I just hope that the transaction goes smoothly.
Old Dec 11, 2009, 07:33 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by bbyevo8u
how does the car feel/drive without the pump?

as far as the car feeling, I've only driven this Evo and no other; therefore, I apologize, but can't provide a comparison. What I can provide is something I did notice was that when the clutch isn't engaged, there is a low whine noise. I have no idea what that is. Other than that, I can update the symptoms once my speed density kit is installed and all the kinks are out of the motor.

I'll keep everyone posted.
Old Dec 11, 2009, 09:49 PM
EvoM Community Team Leader

if you have the 05 evo8, non-MR, then it doesn't have the ACD.
Old Dec 11, 2009, 10:11 PM
Evolved Member

sblvro, you are incorrect.

Fast Freddie has a 2005 Evo 8 and IT HAS ACD.

ACD has a steel (it's plated in a metallic gold color) line that runs to the top of the transfer case. The head of the banjo bolt has an orange paint dab'd on the top of it. It may look red, but it's orange. This line supplies the ACD with the pressurized ATF fluid that the ACD uses.

Here's an ACD transfer case. If you notice there is a hole near the center that has red fluid in it. This is where the banjo that feeds the transfer case the fluid from the ACD. That hard line also terminates here. Note the external housing is different than the NON-ACD x-fer case (pictured how it sits in the car... top view)

NON ACD TRANSFER CASE ( pictured upside down. The fastener you see is actually the drain plug)
Old Dec 11, 2009, 10:16 PM
Evolved Member

So if the pump is not working is that damaging anything?
Old Dec 11, 2009, 10:33 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by sblvro
if you have the 05 evo8, non-MR, then it doesn't have the ACD.
I have a 05 non mr WITH ACD.
Old Dec 12, 2009, 08:27 AM
Evolved Member

I know your car. PM me. I can give you the rundown on that beast, and some more mods to add to your sig.
Old Dec 12, 2009, 10:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
You'll also be able to tell from underneath.. the "center section" shown in the ACD case pic also has a zerk fitting underneath it for bleeding the system.. if you have a non ACD you won't have this, or the center part for that matter as you can see in the pics

Quick Reply: ACD Pump GONE!