Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Maxed out injectors????

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2003, 09:25 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know how to calculate power potential based on injector size/fuel pressure. Its not exactly difficult science, nor does it prove to be incredibly accurate. I know that I know more then you about tuning, from piggy back to standalone. When I say I simply do not understand the concept your trying to describe to me, its because your writing is full of syntactical errors, misspelling, poor punctuation and grammar that would irritate a 6th grade teacher. It is obfusicated to the point that it is impossible to understand as a tuning concept

I mean, ****!

"If sufficient fuel is present, with the stock injectors, then the increase in BOOST pressure (AKA added CFM of air) is what he needed to make it to that HP level. IF HE HIT fuel cut with just a piggyback then he could not reach his goal."

Umm, and thats your REVISED edition. I tried a few of my friend, note that these are all smart guys. I mean, You have perfected poor grammar combined with arrogance built out of nothing into some new art form.

ItsStockOfficer: can you explain to me what perfworks is trying to say?
P A X I : ok ill try
P A X I : lol WTF?
P A X I : tell him the stock injectors in his brain cant hold up to the boost in his mouth
ItsStockOfficer: Makes no sense to you eitheir?
P A X I : lol Nope

GVR4: " Just out of curiousity why did you post this? "
GVR4: HAHAH
ItsStockOfficer: keep going
GVR4: like you're defying a higher authority or some ****
ItsStockOfficer: haha
ItsStockOfficer: I am
ItsStockOfficer: now try to figure out what hes talking about for tuning
GVR4: what size are stock injectors for the evo
ItsStockOfficer: 560
GVR4: korean rice husker
GVR4: hahah
GVR4: that ****s funny
ItsStockOfficer: so does any of it make sense?
GVR4: not at all
GVR4: just gibberish, like you said
Old Oct 31, 2003, 10:05 PM
Evolved Member

Nice job guys - grammar attacks, thinly veiled ethnic slurs, spelling criticsms by poor spellers, the east coast/west coast angle. Good stuff.

Had to take off points for ISO's quoting offline conversations to support his argument; bad form there.

Overall flame war rating:
Old Oct 31, 2003, 10:14 PM
Evolving Member

Bwahahahaha! More stars then that, certainly. Whats an ISO? And where are the ethnic slurs?
Old Nov 1, 2003, 09:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by ItsStockOfficer
Bwahahahaha! More stars then that, certainly. Whats an ISO? And where are the ethnic slurs?
What's and ISO??? ItsStockOfficer has to ask this? LOL!!

BTW, the fuel pressure solenoid's only fuction is to cut the boost/vacuum signal to the fuel pressure regulator durring cranking of the starter....just like on the 1G and 2G DSM's. We have a 1:1 fuel pressure to boost pressure ratio.

Keith
Old Nov 1, 2003, 01:26 PM
Account Disabled

LOL, just rolling my eyes at typical East coast small injector stuff.

I am wondering why Buschur is thinking of fuel cut as occuring unessicarily early. Since these cars are capable of laying down 340 whp at 20 psi on 91 octane, I cannot imagine fuel cot as being set far to conserveatively, so it seems to me Buschur upgraded his injectors because he needed more fuel then they could safely provide, not because fuel cut was preventing them from performing as they should.

So your saying you know more then David Buschur? Hmmmm, where is www.itsStockOfficer website? How many Evo's/DSM's have you built?

David > Anything you say or argue about on this site or in life.

Why are you arguing with strangers again? Are you seriously doubting what DB has to say about fuel tuning?

BTW Evo injectors are extremely high quality, they can withstand higher sustained duty cycles. AS of now the STOCK Evo fuel system can and has supported 400WHP, you MAY have to bup the fuel pressue slighty but not if you use race gas.

Nuf said
Old Nov 1, 2003, 02:36 PM
Evolving Member

I know how to calculate power potential based on injector size/fuel pressure. Its not exactly difficult science, nor does it prove to be incredibly accurate. I know that I know more then you about tuning, from piggy back to standalone. When I say I simply do not understand the concept your trying to describe to me, its because your writing is full of syntactical errors, misspelling, poor punctuation and grammar that would irritate a 6th grade teacher. It is obfusicated to the point that it is impossible to understand as a tuning concept

I mean, ****!

"If sufficient fuel is present, with the stock injectors, then the increase in BOOST pressure (AKA added CFM of air) is what he needed to make it to that HP level. IF HE HIT fuel cut with just a piggyback then he could not reach his goal."

Umm, and thats your REVISED edition. I tried a few of my friend, note that these are all smart guys. I mean, You have perfected poor grammar combined with arrogance built out of nothing into some new art form.

P A X I : ok ill try
P A X I : lol WTF?
P A X I : tell him the stock injectors in his brain cant hold up to the boost in his mouth
ItsStockOfficer: Makes no sense to you eitheir?
P A X I : lol Nope

GVR4: " Just out of curiousity why did you post this? "
GVR4: HAHAH
ItsStockOfficer: keep going
GVR4: like you're defying a higher authority or some ****
ItsStockOfficer: haha
ItsStockOfficer: I am
ItsStockOfficer: now try to figure out what hes talking about for tuning
GVR4: what size are stock injectors for the evo
ItsStockOfficer: 560
GVR4: korean rice husker
GVR4: hahah
GVR4: that ****s funny
ItsStockOfficer: so does any of it make sense?
GVR4: not at all
GVR4: just gibberish, like you said
Well, i guess if english was my first language then i wouldnt be able to argue with you.
I do the best i can concidering that it is my fourth language. But you are still a fool for your blatent arogance to me and others on this forum.
Sorry but i tried to understand your point. You instead wanted to go off topic and spew some of your own jibberish.
Is there some kind of magic that the stock MAF passes thru that causes this fuel cut that i am not aware of?
As far as your tuning knowledge goes, i dont know anything about you or what you do for a living. BUT i would like to put that assumption to the test. Concidering you dont have any CLUE what i do.
Old Nov 1, 2003, 04:05 PM
Account Disabled

Dude, don't even bother to argue, he sits on websites, posts BS to get people pissed off, and sometimes he rips a dumbass apart, and some times he just argues for teh sake of arguing.

He likes to argue, he gets off on it, don't fuel the fire.
Old Nov 1, 2003, 04:47 PM
Account Disabled

If the stock pump on the US Evo is like the ones on previous generation models, it is the only weak link in the system for a somewhat modded car.

For over 320 awdhp , I'd personally upgrade to 660's - will give you tons of headroom, and easy to tune perfectly with a piggyback, or full standalone, depending what you want. I would also highly recommend the pump upgrade to the 255 lph unit, as it will easily be able to keep pace with higher boost levels.

Fuel cut is not merely a function of IPW, its also a function of Karman counts (though the 2 are directly related). Getting rid of the stock MAF altogether will give huge rewards in terms of extracting power from smaller injectors. I have not had a stock Evo fuel cut yet, so cannot say what level the stock MAF can flow, but in time, this info will become common knowledge, much as it was for the DSM's.

Last edited by Z1 Performance; Nov 1, 2003 at 05:15 PM.
Old Nov 1, 2003, 04:57 PM
Evolving Member

First of all, having a differing view point then David Buschur is by no means a crime. There are instances where having a vierw point the same as Glazer, Shepard, Mike W, or Buschur puts you at odds with another one of the big DSM tuners. Typically Buschur like to use the smallest injector possible for a given setup. Typically people from the West coast or those taught in the school of RRE like to use larger injectors for a given setup.

Perfworks: Fuel cut is based off IDC. Which is why i think Buschur upgraded injectors at the proper time. I don't understand what you are trying to say. have an English speaking friend proof read.

Uniami: I supported 340 whp on a 1g with 450's and a stock fuel pump. ran 12.6@113 like that. That does not make it wise. I then did 410 whp on 550's, Buschur style. It works, I have done it, but its not my preffered method. Me and Dave have differing but equally valid opinions on this subject. dave has proven his ability to go fast on small injectors but that does not mean its the only or even best method. Many people with just as much experiance as him belong to different schools of thought in many areas.
Old Nov 1, 2003, 05:38 PM
Evolving Member

Perfworks: Fuel cut is based off IDC.
Fuel Cut is based of Injector duty cycle??
Is this something new?
Fuel cut is normally dependant on the stock MAF signal.
Where did you get that fuel cut will come when "x" % duty cycle has been approached?
Old Nov 1, 2003, 05:47 PM
Evolving Member

Your actually correct to a degree, just assumed you didn't know or care about specifics. It does NOT always occur at the same Karman Htz count. Its a calculated thing, for instance you can flow more Htz at a lower baro pressure. So saying IDC is accurate enough as to make no difference.
Old Nov 1, 2003, 05:57 PM
Evolving Member

Your actually correct to a degree, just assumed you didn't know or care about specifics. It does NOT always occur at the same Karman Htz count. Its a calculated thing, for instance you can flow more Htz at a lower baro pressure. So saying IDC is accurate enough as to make no difference.
Well that sounds a little better. The mazdas i work with have a similiar approach. They just dont work off frequency.
But i do understand your point.
BTW try not to assume next time
Old Nov 1, 2003, 07:43 PM

Hi:
my expierience here whith a evo V whith a Walbro Tdd Programable ecu whith antilag system and a peak about 1.5 bar (22 psi),pump gas tell me that my lambda sensor becomes lean about 6700 - 7500 rpm whith STOCK fuel pressure, the injector duty cicle is about 100 percent at 7000 rpm, the injector capacity is reached and i must put a larger ones or modify my fuel pressure.
All these test were done in the course because here in argentina is hard to found a AWD roller dyno, but with this configuration the car is making 12.5 - 12.7 quarter mile times. Thanks
Old Nov 1, 2003, 10:59 PM
Account Disabled

Uniami: I supported 340 whp on a 1g with 450's and a stock fuel pump. ran 12.6@113 like that. That does not make it wise. I then did 410 whp on 550's, Buschur style. It works, I have done it, but its not my preffered method. Me and Dave have differing but equally valid opinions on this subject. dave has proven his ability to go fast on small injectors but that does not mean its the only or even best method. Many people with just as much experiance as him belong to different schools of thought in many areas.

kewl
Old Nov 1, 2003, 11:04 PM
Account Disabled

Originally posted by Z1 Performance
If the stock pump on the US Evo is like the ones on previous generation models, it is the only weak link in the system for a somewhat modded car.

For over 320 awdhp , I'd personally upgrade to 660's - will give you tons of headroom, and easy to tune perfectly with a piggyback, or full standalone, depending what you want. I would also highly recommend the pump upgrade to the 255 lph unit, as it will easily be able to keep pace with higher boost levels.

Fuel cut is not merely a function of IPW, its also a function of Karman counts (though the 2 are directly related). Getting rid of the stock MAF altogether will give huge rewards in terms of extracting power from smaller injectors. I have not had a stock Evo fuel cut yet, so cannot say what level the stock MAF can flow, but in time, this info will become common knowledge, much as it was for the DSM's.
This guy knows his stuff ! Everytime he posts he's right on the money !

Quick Reply: Maxed out injectors????