Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Maxed out injectors????

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2003, 01:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by ItsStockOfficer
Your actually correct to a degree, just assumed you didn't know or care about specifics. It does NOT always occur at the same Karman Htz count. Its a calculated thing, for instance you can flow more Htz at a lower baro pressure. So saying IDC is accurate enough as to make no difference.
What you just said translates into "fuel cut is based on CFM of air flow" just like the person you were talking smack to said initially.

Karman Htz signal at xxx baro pressure = xxx CFM. At a different baro pressure the fuel cut ocures at a different Htz signal .....but it is the SAME CFM over all. It has absolutly nothing to do with IPW.

Keith
Old Nov 2, 2003, 09:12 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If the stock pump on the US Evo is like the ones on previous generation models, it is the only weak link in the system for a somewhat modded car.
For over 320 awdhp , I'd personally upgrade to 660's - will give you tons of headroom, and easy to tune perfectly with a piggyback, or full standalone, depending what you want. I would also highly recommend the pump upgrade to the 255 lph unit, as it will easily be able to keep pace with higher boost levels.
This is all I was trying to say before this thread went into the toilet.

According to APEXI the MAS has a range of 0-2200 Karman, so far the highest I have logged is 1856, this is at 22PSI on a cool evening, running low 10's A/F ratio, at just over 7K my injector duty cycle hit 99%, (low 300's WHP), Only mods were 3"exhaust with hi-flow cat and drop in K&N.
If you run leaner A/F ratio's you will obviously have more room in the fuel system, for street/road race use, I am not comfortable running leaner than mid 10's at high RPM.

Getting rid of the stock MAF altogether will give huge rewards in terms of extracting power from smaller injectors.
I don't understand how this would work? With or without the MAF you would still want to run the same fuel for a given air volume, irregardless of how it is calculated, no?
Old Nov 2, 2003, 10:27 AM
Evolving Member

I have seen 2700 karmans on a 2g Maf....which is similair.

I am pretty sure that at Lower RPM's you can be flowing more air as well, so that brings it back towards a IPW style effect. Longer time for the injectors to be open and the ecu knows it.
Old Nov 2, 2003, 04:56 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by SILVER SURFER

I don't understand how this would work? With or without the MAF you would still want to run the same fuel for a given air volume, irregardless of how it is calculated, no?
This has got to be one of the truest statements made here on this thread.
It is one hundred percent correct.
Old Apr 18, 2011, 11:27 AM
Evolving Member

350whp w/ stock fuel system. No issues.