Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

My EVO is Whining!!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2010, 05:56 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TC, have you had any belt work done recently
Old Jan 4, 2010, 08:36 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by tiffsevo
TC, have you had any belt work done recently
No
Old Jan 15, 2010, 04:53 PM

Thanks guys for the info.. I went to the dealer and they said it is the transfer case I am going for shep stage 1. Since I live far away I think sending my TC would be expensive. Is there a chance that I can get a rebuilt TC from shep?
Old Jan 15, 2010, 05:03 PM
Evolving Member

give shep a call, he's pretty easy to reach.

or check out his website man, most of your options for tc repair/build are listed with prices
Old Jan 15, 2010, 06:20 PM
Evolving Member

^ do you have a link to his site?? That would save me a step, I need to call on monday and BRN-EVO you should be under warranty unless you feel like spending $1500+ then knock yourself out
Old Jan 15, 2010, 07:26 PM
Evolving Member

www.sheptrans.com

there ya go
Old Jan 19, 2010, 11:57 AM

I'll definately go for shep but in the mean time, is it fine if I drive the car for a while? What if I drive the car normally, will it get worse? And if it does, what other things may I risk? Thanks.
Old Jan 19, 2010, 01:03 PM
Evolving Member

so it does get increasingly louder as you increase in speed and whether on or off the throttle??

Evos have a lot of noise from factory and a little whine.... it just kinda depends on How LOUD the whine is or if it progressively gets worse/louder.

dont believe everything you read, do a little bit of research on ur own, because as soon as people hear any kinda of "whine" they freak out and automatically jump to conclusions and point their finger at the t-case.
Old Jan 22, 2010, 05:45 AM

Originally Posted by halfnhalf83
so it does get increasingly louder as you increase in speed and whether on or off the throttle??

Evos have a lot of noise from factory and a little whine.... it just kinda depends on How LOUD the whine is or if it progressively gets worse/louder.

dont believe everything you read, do a little bit of research on ur own, because as soon as people hear any kinda of "whine" they freak out and automatically jump to conclusions and point their finger at the t-case.
I does get louder as I increase in speed and goes away when pull my foot of the gas. However, its even louder when I step on the clutch or keep in neutral.