Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

car wont crank

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2010, 02:03 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by evillancer06
while i had pressure going into the system i heard some hissing behind the cam gear cover. Took off the cover and i heard some hissing from somewhere around the mivec cam gear. I sprayed some soapy water around that area to try and find it but i couldnt find it. Thtats the hissing near mivec that i was reffering to.
The hissing you were hearing was most likely the oil cap.

Originally Posted by HxllxMan
By any chance, did you hit the cranck sensor?
This is most likely what happen. The connector for the crank sensor is right in that area and you most likely got water in it.
Old Jan 4, 2010, 03:17 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
If I got water near crank sensor will it just evaporate or is the crank sensor bad now?
Old Jan 4, 2010, 06:12 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
crank sensor is sealed from atmosphere water wont effect it. - put the battery on a charger and let it charge. when you try to start the car and you hear clicking thats your other components trying to work but getting weird voltages and going nuts. if its just clicking every time you turn the key and not even trying to turn the starter that battery is shot.
Old Jan 4, 2010, 06:18 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tscompusa
crank sensor is sealed from atmosphere water wont effect it. - put the battery on a charger and let it charge. when you try to start the car and you hear clicking thats your other components trying to work but getting weird voltages and going nuts. if its just clicking every time you turn the key and not even trying to turn the starter that battery is shot.
I agree with this one. Do you have any mods?
Old Jan 4, 2010, 07:40 AM
Evolved Member

Even if the Crank Sensor were bad the car would still crank it just wouldn't start. Gotta go with a low battery just because it's low doesn't stop it from checking out as OK.
Old Jan 4, 2010, 10:05 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If it was the crank sensor you wouldn't get fuel or spark, the engine would just crank but never catch. If you hear the fuel pump whining, and you hear clicking it's your battery.
Old Jan 4, 2010, 10:50 AM
Evolving Member

thats the thing. Im not hearing clicking at all just the fuel pump whine. the clicking dont happen untill i turn off the car and its coming from the throttle body area. Possibly bad starter? I never had any kind of hard starts or warning signs if it is the starter.
Old Jan 4, 2010, 12:38 PM
Evolving Member

ok problem resolved. Thanks for everyones input. What happend was whenever the company changed my clutch they left the wire harness that goes around the tranny loose so i was moving it around to see where i could reconnect it at. I guess me moving it, moved the grounding wire going into the starter. Hooked it back up and the car started. I knew it was something stupid just had to look a little harder. Again thanks everyone.
Old Jan 4, 2010, 01:19 PM
Evolved Member

+1 On the Ground.
Old Jan 4, 2010, 01:24 PM

Glad to hear it was an easy fix.
Old Jan 10, 2010, 10:30 AM

I have a similar issue....my car cranks but does not start, what's really weird is that all my tach lights are on without key inserted which is draining the battery so for now I disconnected the battery. Any thoughts on this issue? I do have a viper alarm which came with the car. I noticed the keyless entry does not work anymore. I also notice the green key on my tach is flashing. Could this be a alarm issue?
Old Apr 2, 2010, 06:13 AM
Evolving Member

Bad fuel pump or injector?laggy start!

For the past 2 weeks or more my evo has been having a laggy start. I assumed it was the battery and I just got a new one and it still does the same thing. The alternator is still good and the vacume hose that go's from the bottom of my dejon tool mbc has a hole in it(So I know I have a boost leak) witch I will change wen I get get up 2morrow. I'm not sure if it's a boost leak or a bad fp or fuel injector that is causing these laggy starts. Please lmk!
Old Apr 2, 2010, 06:19 AM
Evolved Member

How about spark plug?