Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Ryu's hunting for 9's on the Stock Block

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2010, 04:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
It's probably called a blown motor, didn't post that it took a dump and are in the process of building a motor for it. jmo

Mikey
Old Jun 17, 2010, 05:43 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
There is nothing wrong with Chris' engine. The FPBlack failed and he sent it in for warranty at Forced Performance. Furthermore his drivers license is suspended so he is not able to drive his car legally to the track.
Old Jun 17, 2010, 10:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TTP Engineering
There is nothing wrong with Chris' engine. The FPBlack failed and he sent it in for warranty at Forced Performance. Furthermore his drivers license is suspended so he is not able to drive his car legally to the track.
Me too!!!

But thats why he should have a friend drive it to the track and then drive it at the track.

NO EXCUSES!
Old Jun 18, 2010, 12:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by project_skyline
Me too!!!

But thats why he should have a friend drive it to the track and then drive it at the track.

NO EXCUSES!
That would be me. His car still needs a retune. He is doing other upgrades at this time which is also slowing down the process. Once he finishes off his last round of mods, the car will be going back to TTP to get retuned.

The other main reason why this car hasnt seen the track is because the weather here in Florida is horrible for 1/4 mile runs. It doesnt drop below 80 degrees and humidity is always 100%. Taking it to the track to run in these conditions shooting for a goal such as this IMO is a waste of time.
Old Jun 18, 2010, 05:24 AM
Evolving Member

psh, you just described Houston weather from May-September.. doesnt stop us haha
Old Aug 28, 2010, 07:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
well i think we wont hear much from this car because he is no longer the fastest anything, the stock ecu, evo 9 and block record record have been crushed, and the fastest red is long gone... maybe he is just bummed it didnt pan out for him as quick as he thought it would
Old Aug 28, 2010, 08:08 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by raiceboi697
well i think we wont hear much from this car because he is no longer the fastest anything, the stock ecu, evo 9 and block record record have been crushed, and the fastest red is long gone... maybe he is just bummed it didnt pan out for him as quick as he thought it would

How nice of you to bump my thread with insults. Actually this year has been mainly focused on personal life instead of a fun car hobby. My grandfather passed away in January, my grandmother passed away a month ago, I have an uncle that recently suffered from a stroke, and the list goes on and on.... Needless to say my family has suffered quite a few hardships this year.

This is my personal daily driver, not a track purpose race car. I have made many notable accomplishments over the years with my daily driver and no one can take that away from me. I am currently revamping my setup and will most definitely continue to push the stock block in hopes of a 9second pass with it. But hey, thanks for thinking of me.

Last edited by RyuEvoIX; Aug 28, 2010 at 08:15 AM.
Old Aug 28, 2010, 08:14 AM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RyuEvoIX
How nice of you to bump my thread with insults. Actually this year has been mainly focused on personal life instead of a fun car hobby. My grandfather passed away in January, my grandmother passed away a month ago, I have an uncle that recently suffered from a stroke, and the list goes on and on.... Needless to say my family has suffered quite a few hardships this year. This is my personal daily driver, not a track purpose race car.

I am currently revamping my setup and will most definitely continue to push the stock block in hopes of a 9second pass with it. But hey, thanks for thinking of me.
double post.

Last edited by 4doorstreetbike; Aug 28, 2010 at 08:19 AM.
Old Aug 28, 2010, 08:16 AM
Account Disabled

How nice of you to bump my thread with insults. Actually this year has been mainly focused on personal life instead of a fun car hobby. My grandfather passed away in January, my grandmother passed away a month ago, I have an uncle that recently suffered from a stroke, and the list goes on and on.... Needless to say my family has suffered quite a few hardships this year. This is my personal daily driver, not a track purpose race car.

I am currently revamping my setup and will most definitely continue to push the stock block in hopes of a 9second pass with it. But hey, thanks for thinking of me.
Sorry for you lossBut everyone was curious about what happened to you and you quest for the 9's on the stock block..As far as you know your drean has been shattered by the red with a stock block and not a black..There's rumors that your going big turbo to accomplish this 9 sec mark maybe you should lay down your tracks with street tires and not slick like the other person..Good luck
Old Aug 28, 2010, 08:21 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 4doorstreetbike
Sorry for you lossBut everyone was curious about what happened to you and you quest for the 9's on the stock block..As far as you know your drean has been shattered by the red with a stock block and not a black..There's rumors that your going big turbo to accomplish this 9 sec mark maybe you should lay down your tracks and try to do it on street tires not slicks.
Thank you for your condolences. There's already rumors of me going "big turbo" huh? Interesting. It would certainly be something special to do it on street tires, but at my current weight I would have to push the motor way beyond what's even considered unsafe to accomplish that feet. Unfortunately slicks or dot aka "cheater slicks" will be necessary for my 3,000lb street car to have a chance of breaking 9's and keeping the bottom end together.
Old Aug 28, 2010, 08:35 AM
Account Disabled

Thank you for your condolences. There's already rumors of me going "big turbo" huh? Interesting. It would certainly be something special to do it on street tires, but at my current weight I would have to push the motor way beyond what's even considered unsafe to accomplish that feet. Unfortunately slicks or dot aka "cheater slicks" will be necessary for my 3,000lb street car to have a chance of breaking 9's and keeping the bottom end together.

Cheater slicks.True for the block and to get higher traps also due to the height...
Old Aug 28, 2010, 08:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Man a lotta haters here huh Ryu, I don't see any of them doing anything special. Good to see you getting focused again, come back and give them hell.
Old Aug 28, 2010, 08:51 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Migsubishi
Man a lotta haters here huh Ryu, I don't see any of them doing anything special. Good to see you getting focused again, come back and give them hell.
a few of them have broken the stock block record this year...and gone 9s
Old Aug 28, 2010, 09:19 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SOEuro
The few your speak of conduct themselves in a mature manor and have not come into this thread and slung mud at me. Raiceboi has not made a 9second pass. Actually, come to think of it, has he even beaten my FP Red time with his t3 turbo?
Old Aug 28, 2010, 10:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by SOEuro
Oh really please do point out which one of these haters posting on this page "page 26" That has broken the stock block record and gone 9's. I really could care less but since you mentioned it.

The few your speak of conduct themselves in a mature manor and have not come into this thread and slung mud at me. Raiceboi has not made a 9second pass. Actually, come to think of it, has he even beaten my FP Red time with his t3 turbo?
+1

Last edited by Migsubishi; Aug 28, 2010 at 10:06 AM.

Quick Reply: Ryu's hunting for 9's on the Stock Block