Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Ryu's hunting for 9's on the Stock Block

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2010, 08:07 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RyuEvoIX
Very well said. The majority of the public does not realize what it takes to achieve amazing results with these stock frame turbo's. There is quite a bit of extra cost along with sacrifices of vehicle comfort that record holders have made to reach their end results. It's not as simple as just "the right combination of parts" as it goes quite a ways beyond that as well.

I have reached a 10.8 with my bone stock Evo 9 turbo, and a 10.301 with my FP Red while still retaining all my creature comforts of a daily driver. It would be nice to claim 9's on a stock frame turbo, but I am not willing to make all the sacrifices that go along with that. I'm pleased with the accomplishments I have made on these small turbo's and have no regrets with moving on from them at this point.

People don't understand what TRUE DAILY DRIVER IS SLICKS DON'T COUNT ON THE STREET..How many miles on your stock block?

Last edited by 4doorstreetbike; Aug 28, 2010 at 08:10 PM.
Old Aug 28, 2010, 08:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 4doorstreetbike
Yes you did it first.How many on your stock block??
Sorry, but how many what?
Old Aug 28, 2010, 08:11 PM
Account Disabled

Read top post.
Old Aug 28, 2010, 08:12 PM
Evolved Member

47,xxx miles on my stock block so far.
Old Aug 28, 2010, 08:14 PM
Account Disabled

47,xxx miles on my stock block so far.
Impressive how strong the stock block is...I say you do a 6262 with a 63. ar twin scroll..
Old Aug 28, 2010, 08:17 PM
Evolved Member

Impressive how strong the stock block is...I say you do a 6262 with a 63. ar twin scroll..
To large for me as I am a bit of a stickler for lag. hta82 Twinscroll should suit my needs well with minimal lag over the FP Black.
Old Aug 28, 2010, 08:20 PM
Account Disabled

To large for me as I am a bit of a stickler for lag. hta82 Twinscroll should suit my needs well with minimal lag over the FP Black.

True ,...what was you impressions of the black cause I wasn't really impressed over the red..
Old Aug 28, 2010, 08:23 PM
Evolved Member

True ,...what was you impressions of the black cause I wasn't really impressed over the red..
Well, I definitely felt the extra "lag" of the black but I also saw on the dyno and felt the extra top end power from it as well. It's like everything else, a trade off. The Red felt more responsive to me below 3,800rpms which ='s more fun on the street to me.
Old Aug 28, 2010, 08:27 PM
Account Disabled

Well, I definitely felt the extra "lag" of the black but I also saw on the dyno and felt the extra top end power from it as well. It's like everything else, a trade off. The Red felt more responsive to me below 3,800rpms which ='s more fun on the street to me.

I feel the same way the red on my car was violent use to spin 2nd when I floored it with three people in the car and no light weights either..That turbo was nasty but crappy top end I would die to early after the top of 3rd it was a pig to me...Your gonna love the t3 setup your eyebrows are gonna peel of your face when the turbo hits.
Old Aug 28, 2010, 08:29 PM
Evolved Member

I feel the same way the red on my car was violent use to spin 2nd when I floored it with three people in the car and no light weights either..That turbo was nasty but crappy top end I would die to early after the top of 3rd it was a pig to me...Your gonna love the t3 setup your eyebrows are gonna peel of your face when the turbo hits.
I hope so.
Old Aug 28, 2010, 08:35 PM
Account Disabled

Rockman signed off??O I know here he is he's gutting his car out and ordering every single mod on the forms also don;t forget the muffler bearings there good for 200 ft pound of tq and 3 sec's of your track times..J.k.
Old Aug 28, 2010, 08:50 PM
Evolved Member

Very well said. The majority of the public does not realize what it takes to achieve amazing results with these stock frame turbo's. There is quite a bit of extra cost along with sacrifices of vehicle comfort that record holders have made to reach their end results. It's not as simple as just "the right combination of parts" as it goes quite a ways beyond that as well.

I have reached a 10.8 with my bone stock Evo 9 turbo, and a 10.301 with my FP Red while still retaining all my creature comforts of a daily driver. It would be nice to claim 9's on a stock frame turbo, but I am not willing to make all the sacrifices that go along with that. I'm pleased with the accomplishments I have made on these small turbo's and have no regrets with moving on from them at this point.
WTF are you talking about man! If you guys want to know what it takes to achieve these "amazing results" that I have achieved with my stock block evo, then you just go to the Sparktech showcase link in my sig. I have honestly hid nothing. I'm not sponsored by anyone, so I don't have to hide anything. I don't why Ryu feels like there is some "secret sauce" that has to be put in your car for it to run fast. I can't speak for Draven, but I personally haven't lost any creature comforts in my Evo. It still has working A/C, heat and radio (with all 4 speakers). I don't have a small battery kit (big @ss optima red top), so I can let my radio play all day with the car off. The only so called "creature comfort" that I sacrificed was an e-brake. Since when the hell was that a creature comfort? My dash has never been out of my car so there is nothing removed behind it. Nothing has been cut out of my car. The engine has never even pulled before. You're right about one thing though Ryu. It isn't just the right combination of parts.... it's also the right tuner. Taking my car to TTP was the biggest mistake that I ever made. He over charged me for a terrible tune, then blamed it on me saying that I had leaking HG and that I couldn't drive. That's when I made the decision to drive past Orlando all the to Coral Springs to let AWD have a hand at it. Letting Diirk tune my car is the best mod I can have on my Evo. It's worth more than any lightweight part that I can put on this Evo. Maybe you should try them for a chance. I'm sure they could get you into the 9s on stock frame (or T3).

William

Last edited by lillev23; Aug 28, 2010 at 08:52 PM.
Old Aug 28, 2010, 09:01 PM
Evolved Member

$1400 for lightweight rotors,
I didn't even pay $1000 for mine, and I got them brand new. The ones you speak of must be "TTP spec".
Old Aug 28, 2010, 09:05 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by lillev23
I didn't even pay $1000 for mine, and I got them brand new. The ones you speak of must be "TTP spec".

ttp spec love when he lists that.
Old Aug 28, 2010, 09:09 PM
Evolved Member

ttp spec love when he lists that.
lots of shops do that...

Quick Reply: Ryu's hunting for 9's on the Stock Block