Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Ryu's hunting for 9's on the Stock Block

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2010, 09:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by lillev23
WTF are you talking about man! If you guys want to know what it takes to achieve these "amazing results" that I have achieved with my stock block evo, then you just go to the Sparktech showcase link in my sig. I have honestly hid nothing. I'm not sponsored by anyone, so I don't have to hide anything. I don't why Ryu feels like there is some "secret sauce" that has to be put in your car for it to run fast. I can't speak for Draven, but I personally haven't lost any creature comforts in my Evo. It still has working A/C, heat and radio (with all 4 speakers). I don't have a small battery kit (big @ss optima red top), so I can let my radio play all day with the car off. The only so called "creature comfort" that I sacrificed was an e-brake. Since when the hell was that a creature comfort? My dash has never been out of my car so there is nothing removed behind it. Nothing has been cut out of my car. The engine has never even pulled before. You're right about one thing though Ryu. It isn't just the right combination of parts.... it's also the right tuner. Taking my car to TTP was the biggest mistake that I ever made. He over charged me for a terrible tune, then blamed it on me saying that I had leaking HG and that I couldn't drive. That's when I made the decision to drive past Orlando all the to Coral Springs to let AWD have a hand at it. Letting Diirk tune my car is the best mod I can have on my Evo. It's worth more than any lightweight part that I can put on this Evo. Maybe you should try them for a chance. I'm sure they could get you into the 9s on stock frame (or T3).

William
I'm not sure why you are taking a defensive position on anything I have said. Your build is impressive and you have reached a very desirable and well recognized goal with your car. I just have no desire to sacrifice braking ability with a mini brake kit on the street. Weather you want to consider it a sacrifice or not a mini brake kit decreases braking performance. That's a fact, not an opinion.

I have no interest in getting into any sort of shop arguments so if you feel the need to air out your anger towards TTP or whomever else feel free, but I will not participate.

I didn't even pay $1000 for mine, and I got them brand new. The ones you speak of must be "TTP spec".
That's nice, but nothing I have stated in my posts on cost have anything to do with TTP. These are links to the girodiscs that DB sells on his site. This is the lightest option recommended for street use. The price tag is $1400 for front and rear.

https://secure.buschurracing.com/cat...a89838a2ca5975

All of the prices I have posted for the parts I listed are accurate per online price listings on DB and AWD's websites.
Old Aug 28, 2010, 09:15 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RyuEvoIX
I'm not sure why you are taking a defensive position on anything I have said. Your build is impressive and you have reached a very desirable and well recognized goal with your car. I just have no desire to sacrifice braking ability with a mini brake kit on the street. Weather you want to consider it a sacrifice or not a mini brake kit decreases braking performance. That's a fact, not an opinion.

I have no interest in getting into any sort of shop arguments so if you feel the need to air out your anger towards TTP or whomever else feel free, but I will not participate.

That's nice, but nothing I have stated in my posts on cost have anything to do with TTP. These are links to the girodiscs that DB sells on his site. This is the lightest option recommended for street use. The price tag is $1400 for front and rear.

All of the prices I have posted for the parts I listed are accurate per online price listings on DB and AWD's websites.
Im not a big fan of ttp but I think he did well with car and tune..
Old Aug 28, 2010, 09:16 PM
Evolving Member

This thread should have been left dead.
Old Aug 28, 2010, 09:18 PM
Evolved Member

WTF are you talking about man! If you guys want to know what it takes to achieve these "amazing results" that I have achieved with my stock block evo, then you just go to the Sparktech showcase link in my sig. I have honestly hid nothing. I'm not sponsored by anyone, so I don't have to hide anything. I don't why Ryu feels like there is some "secret sauce" that has to be put in your car for it to run fast. I can't speak for Draven, but I personally haven't lost any creature comforts in my Evo. It still has working A/C, heat and radio (with all 4 speakers). I don't have a small battery kit (big @ss optima red top), so I can let my radio play all day with the car off. The only so called "creature comfort" that I sacrificed was an e-brake. Since when the hell was that a creature comfort? My dash has never been out of my car so there is nothing removed behind it. Nothing has been cut out of my car. The engine has never even pulled before. You're right about one thing though Ryu. It isn't just the right combination of parts.... it's also the right tuner. Taking my car to TTP was the biggest mistake that I ever made. He over charged me for a terrible tune, then blamed it on me saying that I had leaking HG and that I couldn't drive. That's when I made the decision to drive past Orlando all the to Coral Springs to let AWD have a hand at it. Letting Diirk tune my car is the best mod I can have on my Evo. It's worth more than any lightweight part that I can put on this Evo. Maybe you should try them for a chance. I'm sure they could get you into the 9s on stock frame (or T3).

William

Congrats!

Now GTFO.
Old Aug 28, 2010, 09:19 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by RunThat
This thread should have been left dead.

Why is that??
Old Aug 28, 2010, 09:33 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 4doorstreetbike
Rockman signed off??O I know here he is he's gutting his car out and ordering every single mod on the forms also don;t forget the muffler bearings there good for 200 ft pound of tq and 3 sec's of your track times..J.k.
Uh, I am pretty sure those muffler bearings are only available with the Motec exhaust.
Old Aug 28, 2010, 09:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SHhhhh
Congrats!

Now GTFO.
Why don't you SHhhhh? . Sorry man. It was too tempting. Did I strike a nerve? LAst time I checked, there were no mods named SHhhhh. So I'll STFI.
Old Aug 29, 2010, 07:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
surely sir you arnt reffering to my measley 10.2 on straight pump gas(no meth here), or the fact that like lillev23 my car is daily driven, few things were removed from my car. my ebrake which i never really used in the first place, and alas my AC died long ago so the choice to remove the system was easy when i made the jump to a bigger turbo.

as for my choice on tire, i dont use a slick, a bias ply is my weapon of choice. its a better option when i have to come out to more "private tracks" to play with the local liter bike crowd. There really is no secret as lillev23 said in how to go fast on the stock block. you can do like some and gut the car and run it with one seat and a steering wheel, or you can do like myself and many others do and run the full interior in a car that was and still is 98% full weight. My only true light weight goody is the AWD drive-shaft and with such a big slow spooling turbo i most deff need every bit of help i can get.... 30psi by 9K is just to much some days.....

As with most people that im competing with for stock block times stupidity, i do wish you go fast, but when you make a giant thread about how you are gonna be number one and you fall far short of that goal, being number 4 if my math serves me then you sir will get some good natured ribbing. Simple nature of the game, you should have seen the texts when draven got that 9 sec stock block pass before me...

If you step to something bigger as you have implied i wish you the best of luck, hopefully your new setup with a excellent tuner behind the ecu you will achieve you goal and make me eat my words. But until then.....

PS, as for the little brakes, there is no difference in braking time unless you are one of those individuals who ride someones bumper and must constantly brake or you have a ungodly desire for 170 to 0 mph brake checks... but again im just another idiot with a opinion
Old Aug 29, 2010, 08:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by raiceboi697
as with most people that im competing with for stock block times stupidity, i do wish you go fast, but when you make a giant thread about how you are gonna be number one and you fall far short of that goal, being number 4 if my math serves me then you sir will get some good natured ribbing. Simple nature of the game, you should have seen the texts when draven got that 9 sec stock block pass before me...
qft
Old Aug 29, 2010, 10:15 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by raiceboi697
surely sir you arnt reffering to my measley 10.2 on straight pump gas(no meth here), or the fact that like lillev23 my car is daily driven, few things were removed from my car. my ebrake which i never really used in the first place, and alas my AC died long ago so the choice to remove the system was easy when i made the jump to a bigger turbo.

My mistake then, you have beaten my FP Red time on stock block by a tenth. I am fully aware your car is daily driven like lilev23. Removing the a/c is a very decent weight reduction coupled with the reduction of load on the motor that has been tested to yield an extra 5-8whp through the powerband courtesy of English Racing.

as for my choice on tire, i dont use a slick, a bias ply is my weapon of choice. its a better option when i have to come out to more "private tracks" to play with the local liter bike crowd. There really is no secret as lillev23 said in how to go fast on the stock block. you can do like some and gut the car and run it with one seat and a steering wheel, or you can do like myself and many others do and run the full interior in a car that was and still is 98% full weight. My only true light weight goody is the AWD drive-shaft and with such a big slow spooling turbo i most deff need every bit of help i can get.... 30psi by 9K is just to much some days.....

Removing the passenger and back seats is FAR from "gutting a car" Not to mention there is less of a performance benefit from removing my seats as their is to removing the a/c unit as you have done. I'm also able to reinstall them in 5 minutes and still retain complete comfort in my car with the a/c blasting cold all the way home from the track.

As with most people that im competing with for stock block times stupidity, i do wish you go fast, but when you make a giant thread about how you are gonna be number one and you fall far short of that goal, being number 4 if my math serves me then you sir will get some good natured ribbing. Simple nature of the game, you should have seen the texts when draven got that 9 sec stock block pass before me...

Thanks for the wishing, I certainly hope these changes yield the results I am expecting and hoping for. This thread has never been about me being number one, so I honestly have no idea how you ever came to that conclusion. The title of this thread is "Ryu hunting for 9's on the stock block" Not "Ryu hunting for the 9second stock block record". I have alluded that I am attempting to reach the record but have always presented myself in a humble fashion. I have never presented myself with an attitude that it's mine for the taking or if I ever actually will reach it. Just that I'd like to give it my best shot and see how it goes. Guy's with your type of attitude ruin the friendly aura this sport was founded on.

If you step to something bigger as you have implied i wish you the best of luck, hopefully your new setup with a excellent tuner behind the ecu you will achieve you goal and make me eat my words. But until then.....

I'd certainly like to achieve my goal as this is the first goal I have set for myself here that is making me work very hard to achieve. I really have no desire to make you or anyone else eat their words. I'd be much more satisfied with a friendly congrats as I have given others with the same oriented goals.

PS, as for the little brakes, there is no difference in braking time unless you are one of those individuals who ride someones bumper and must constantly brake or you have a ungodly desire for 170 to 0 mph brake checks... but again im just another idiot with a opinion
I disagree very much with your last statement. A while back I spoke with Mike@AWD and talked to him about the streetability of mini brakes since he has had alot of experience with them. He told me, and I quote, "Yes they are somewhat streetable, but they do greatly reduce braking ability in comparison to the stock Brembo's."

Originally Posted by R/TErnie
qft
Not quite sure exactly wtf your problem is with me. I suppose you just enjoy trolling my threads.

Last edited by RyuEvoIX; Aug 29, 2010 at 10:26 AM.
Old Aug 29, 2010, 11:14 AM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Very well said and excellent response!
Old Aug 29, 2010, 12:54 PM
Evolved Member

Not quite sure exactly wtf your problem is with me. I suppose you just enjoy trolling my threads.

Vain: Having or showing undue or excessive pride in one's appearance or achievements.

(or in this case things you haven't even done yet.)

Last edited by R/TErnie; Aug 29, 2010 at 12:56 PM.
Old Aug 29, 2010, 12:59 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by R/TErnie
Vain: Having or showing undue or excessive pride in one's appearance or achievements.

(or in this case things you haven't even done yet.)
Jealous: showing extreme cupidity; painfully desirous of another's advantages

There is nothing vain about having aspirations to further my setup and attempt to go faster. If that's your definition of vain then I suppose 95% of Evom falls under your definition.
Old Aug 29, 2010, 01:10 PM
Account Disabled

There is nothing vain about having aspirations to further my setup and attempt to go faster. If that's your definition of vain then I suppose 95% of Evom falls under your definition.
Evo m haters .
Old Aug 29, 2010, 01:49 PM
Evolved Member

Ryu,
If you think 95% of Evom is out there to impress other people... then yes.

You're so vain you think I'm jealous of you... that's how BAD it is. You're laughable at best.

Quick Reply: Ryu's hunting for 9's on the Stock Block