Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Ryu's hunting for 9's on the Stock Block

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2010, 09:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Green Meanie
I'll check back in when there is some pertinent info with results.

Seems like some FL state in-fighting that us non locals wouldn't have a clue about.

Good luck Ryu. Love to see you meet/exceed your goal.
Thanks Green. I should have some updates and real info in the coming weeks. If all goes well I will be ordering my HTA82 tomorrow.
Old Sep 16, 2010, 05:13 AM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
annnnnnnd updates?
Old Sep 16, 2010, 07:36 AM
Evolved Member

In for updates as well
Old Sep 16, 2010, 10:36 AM
Evolved Member

I received my hta3582. It's actually sitting right next to me as I'm typing this lol. All of the parts are currently on order.... oil feed/drain lines, tial vband .63 exhaust housing, tial 38mm mvs wastegate, 12inch slim fan, and ETS exhaust manifold that is scheduled to ship out by the end of next week. I expect to have the car together the first week of October.

Now the one's that are actually paying attention, I know what your thinking.... Tial Vband exhaust housing!? I know I said I was planning on going twinscroll but after an abundance of research I could not find any concrete data that it significantly increases spool without choking the top end power, so I have decided to play it safe and go with a Tial Vband exhaust housing due to it's light weight design and equal flow capabilities of a Garrett t3 housing.
Old Sep 16, 2010, 12:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by RyuEvoIX
I received my hta3582. It's actually sitting right next to me as I'm typing this lol. All of the parts are currently on order.... oil feed/drain lines, tial vband .63 exhaust housing, tial 38mm mvs wastegate, 12inch slim fan, and ETS exhaust manifold that is scheduled to ship out by the end of next week. I expect to have the car together the first week of October.

Now the one's that are actually paying attention, I know what your thinking.... Tial Vband exhaust housing!? I know I said I was planning on going twinscroll but after an abundance of research I could not find any concrete data that it significantly increases spool without choking the top end power, so I have decided to play it safe and go with a Tial Vband exhaust housing due to it's light weight design and equal flow capabilities of a Garrett t3 housing.
Old Sep 16, 2010, 12:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whoa, this thread is still alive? so what happened here? the guy was going for 9' stock block on a black, waited like 5 months for a custom wastegate dump, and then no passes on the black? Why the jump to the hta3586, what happened to the black?
Old Sep 16, 2010, 12:33 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by heybudddy
Whoa, this thread is still alive? so what happened here? the guy was going for 9' stock block on a black, waited like 5 months for a custom wastegate dump, and then no passes on the black? Why the jump to the hta3586, what happened to the black?
I'm not at liberty to go into great detail, but I was having reliability issues with my black so I opted for an hta82. The 5 months wait was not on a custom o2 housing. I had 2 separate dyno session with FP Black's with unfavorable results. This is not a knock on FP at all, but the black was unfavorable on my setup.
Old Sep 16, 2010, 12:35 PM
Evolved Member

Edit

Last edited by Migsubishi; Sep 16, 2010 at 12:36 PM. Reason: Ryu lives on this thread and types faster than I... lol
Old Sep 16, 2010, 12:45 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
I'm not at liberty to go into great detail, but I was having reliability issues with my black so I opted for an hta82. The 5 months wait was not on a custom o2 housing. I had 2 separate dyno session with FP Black's with unfavorable results. This is not a knock on FP at all, but the black was unfavorable on my setup.
Can you elaborate on this?

I thought you saw decent gains, per previous post in this thread.
Old Sep 16, 2010, 12:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Boosted Tuning

This

I'm not at liberty to go into great detail, but I was having reliability issues with my black
Old Sep 16, 2010, 01:14 PM
Evolved Member

I really can't elaborate unfortunately. All I can say is that I was having reliability issues, not issues of increased performance.
Old Sep 16, 2010, 02:55 PM
Account Disabled

your car is going to be stupid fast on the new turbo, good luck
Old Sep 16, 2010, 02:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I really can't elaborate unfortunately. All I can say is that I was having reliability issues, not issues of increased performance.
Wow with your strong undertones you make is seem like the fp black is not reiable at all if I did not know any better
Old Sep 16, 2010, 03:29 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Oh ok. I thought you meant you didnt have power gains.
Old Sep 16, 2010, 04:47 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mellon Tuning
your car is going to be stupid fast on the new turbo, good luck
Thanks Mellon. I am hoping for a successful high 130's mph traps to make a 9second pass possible. The turbo should certainly do it, my only worry now is this very abused stock motor holding out a little longer.

This is my personal street car so it will never be a "crazy" 1/4 mile build so to speak. I am not willing to make sacrifices such as stripping daily comfort, using mini brakes that hinder braking ability, etc... My main goal with this car is a high 9second build with street friendly spool as I do have plans to road race the car sometime in the future when I am happy with the finished product.

I have however recently picked up a used VIII that will become a dedicated drag car once my street car is finished. Limiting myself with strict rules of comfort will not be a concern with that build.

Originally Posted by RockmanX
Wow with your strong undertones you make is seem like the fp black is not reiable at all if I did not know any better
Please do not miss interpret my posts in an attempt to stir up drama. I am not hating on any FP products. As you can plainly see I am still sticking with their turbo line up in the form of an HTA82. FP ftw!

Oh ok. I thought you meant you didnt have power gains.
No, power gains were not an issue.

Last edited by RyuEvoIX; Sep 16, 2010 at 04:51 PM.

Quick Reply: Ryu's hunting for 9's on the Stock Block