Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Buschur Racing EVO 0-60mph ...

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2003 | 01:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great job, nice times
Old Oct 29, 2003 | 04:19 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by raced_EvoVIII
I belive it 100%, they are a highly respected tuner and have no reason to put out false info. They know how to tune a car period and thats why i trust them and buy parts from them, awsome runs and cant wait to see some more
I agree with that statement wholeheartedly, although a 2.6 0-60 is just unfreakingbelievable!

Hard to believe, but I see the proof is in the pudding!

Amazing!
Old Oct 29, 2003 | 04:28 PM
Evolved Member

You have to remember is crazy fast at the beginning but is known to lsoe soem ground at top end. This most likely explains the 11.6 1/2 times. But remember again... Evo has nasty launches and can overcome many cars.... but then can lose towards the end of a race.
Old Nov 6, 2003 | 07:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Thanks Jonathan.

I can't believe how many guys have gone after the Colts/Mirages and dropped 4g63's in them. Super light weight fast projects that can be done for not a ton of money.

Being in California makes it nice finding clean bodies too.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Nov 6, 2003 | 11:15 AM

Umm Yeaa,

Launching a bike out of that gate is a totally different story than launching the EVO. The EVO is pretty much a cakewalk. Ill speak from experience. Nothing like the acceleration of a sportbike.
Old Nov 6, 2003 | 12:57 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by EVOTECH
Yep, I believe em' 100% I had a 91' AWD Talon that went 0-60mph in 2.9sec and nobody would believe me untill to I took them for a ride!!! That and Tym, Dave are very honest about about their buisness and everything they do and would never B.S. anybody just to sell some parts.
Our little Turbo Colt just went 12.40 @ 117mph ripping the slicks out of the hole....time to make it AWD!!! Check out the pics at www.msrecycling.com under Colt Project Pictures.
Thanks
Jonathan
I love that Colt! Being a Colt owner myself any mention of a Colt always gets my attention.

Speaking of AWD and 0-60 times, I remember a while back, a stock Ford RS 200 (600hp Cosworth Evolution engine, only 10 made for street) did a best time of 0-60 in 1.9 seconds.
Old Nov 6, 2003 | 01:08 PM
Evolved Member
Veteran: Army

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts
Lol that doesnt seem right... so they are saying that 0-60 was 2.something lets round that up to 3. So from 60-115 was 9 seconds? thats just horriable... if thats the case. Maybe should work on the top end power band.
Old Nov 7, 2003 | 11:55 AM
Evolved Member

Our car is 0-60 in 2.6 and get to 117 mph in another 9.05 seconds.

Nothing horrible about that. AWD launches get you to 60 mph like no other on street tires. 117 mph on the stock turbo is nothing to sneeze at either, actually it is the fastest out there.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Nov 7, 2003 | 12:44 PM
Evolved Member

Dave, I *think* he was pullin' your chain. You can never tell here though...
Old Jun 30, 2004 | 07:20 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
Here is something else to consider when doubting the sub 3 second times of an AWD car in general.

As you are all aware as a car accelerate the rate of acceleration slows down. Take our 11.65 pass for example.

We are claiming 0-60 mph in 2.6 seconds on the best pass.

When considering this it makes you realize how fast the car accelerates down low.
To elaborate on the reasons behind this a bit... there are two driving factors as to why a car accelerates better at low speeds. Gear and Drag.... period. Gears are simply torque multipliers, lower gears multiply torque more, but since our engines can only rev so high, switching to a gear with less multiplication is needed. Each upshift results in a net reduciton of power reaching the wheels, this in turn results in a reduciton in acceleration. Compounded on top of this power reduction is the addition of drag. Drag increases with the square of your velocity. The Evo experiences 25 times (!!!) the drag at 100MPH as it does at 20MPH, and ~56 times (!!!!!!) the drag at 150MPH. Combine this with a relatively poor coefficient of drag and you have some serious force pulling against the car at higher speeds. Now you take a Z06, or an Enzo which are relatively slippery cars and their drag multiplication, while the same as the EVO at all speeds, is much less do to the lower coefficient, which is why they'll pass the evo like a bat outta hell at high speeds (combined with less drivetrain losses of course, but the drag has a greater effect).

HTH

- Steve
Old Jun 30, 2004 | 07:52 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Tym Switzer
I had a customer call me today and ask me how fast our EVO would go 0-60mph (sorry... forgot the name of the individual inquiring). At any rate, I told him I wasn't sure... and then it dawned on me that I could tell him with relative accuracy just how quickly it did achieve 60mph. One of the reasons I prefer the EMS over any other form of engine management is its world-class datalogging capabilities. Looking back at my logs from the track Friday, I looked at each pass. Here are the numbers I extracted from the logs:

On the 11.65 pass, I was able to go from 0-60 in 2.620 seconds.

On the next pass, I was able to go from 0-60 in 2.941 seconds with aggressive spin off the line up to about 30mph.

Average 0-60 times were all in the 2.7-2.9 second range.

Hope you find this data informative.

Take care all.
Old Jun 30, 2004 | 07:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BeenWaitin4Evo
wow, so your Evo is faster than any production car on the planet 0-60, even the McLaren F1 or Ferrari F50?

Gotta be a mistake. I've seen AWD Porsche 911 Turbo's run 3.4-3.6 0-60, I don't think our Evo's can be that fast.

Don't mean to sound dissenting, but 0-60 in the 2's are just unheard of in anything I've read about having a combustion engine.

If it's true, then
I've measured my own 0-60mph time in DSMLink to be around 3.2 seconds. And that was only with a 1.71 60-ft. With an 11 second car, and a really good launch, you can get that fast to 60.

Dave, I'm pretty sure I've seen someone post that they got 118mph our of the stock Evo VIII turbo. I don't see why not. I got 118mph in my 3150lb 2G DSM out of the Evo III 16G you sell for $535. It held 26psi to redline. No porting, no clip. It isn't needed. Just bolt it on. It is an awesome turbocharger.

Last edited by ShapeGSX; Jun 30, 2004 at 07:59 AM.
Old Jun 30, 2004 | 08:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SuperHatch
To elaborate on the reasons behind this a bit... there are two driving factors as to why a car accelerates better at low speeds. Gear and Drag.... period. Gears are simply torque multipliers, lower gears multiply torque more, but since our engines can only rev so high, switching to a gear with less multiplication is needed. Each upshift results in a net reduciton of power reaching the wheels, this in turn results in a reduciton in acceleration.
Actually, it is a net reduction in torque at the wheels with every gear shift. Power remains the same on both sides of a gear mesh. But torque gets multiplied.
Old Jun 30, 2004 | 08:47 AM
Evolved Member

I don't doubt someone hitting 118 mph on the stock EVO8 turbo. We hit the track one time with the car with our Stage4 and the EMS and went 117.88 mph.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com

Quick Reply: Buschur Racing EVO 0-60mph ...