Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.
View Poll Results: CEL or not? Stock air/fuel or not?
Aftermarket cat, stock A/F, no CEL
10.28%
Aftermarket cat, stock A/F CEL
30.84%
Aftermarket cat, modified A/F, no CEL
31.78%
Aftermarket cat, modified A/F, CEL
27.10%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Do you have a CEL with cat or not? survey

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2004, 08:19 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Quickshift
I wanna find someone that will sell or make these 02 simulators. I know it is just some resistors but what ones??
Ya that would be nice
Old Jan 26, 2004, 10:12 AM
Evolving Member

Maybe slighty OT, but has anyone tried removing the rear O2 sensor from the exhaust and tying it up out of the way to the bottom of the car so that it is no longer in the exhaust stream? Then plug the hole in the exhause with a similiar sized plug of some sort? Seems like I remember reading that this worked on the DSM digest years ago.
Old Jan 26, 2004, 10:15 AM
Evolving Member

This maybe slightly OT, but has anyone tried removing the rear O2 sensor from the exhaust entirely and tying it up out of the way so that it is no longer exposed to the exhaust stream? Then you could plug the O2 bung with a similiarly threaded bolt. Seems like I remember this working on the 2nd gen DSMs.
Old Jan 26, 2004, 10:16 AM
Evolving Member

BTW, I have the Buschur turbo back catless and a CEL.
Old Jan 28, 2004, 02:07 AM
Evolving Member

Ive got hks catback, helix 3" dp, stock cat, custom tuning and DYNOFLASH! no CEL

by the way, i'm considering of getting the UR High Flow cat or the UR test pipe since they say it wont give you CEL...but from what I just read the test pipe still give CEL?

how bout the UR high flow?
Old Jan 29, 2004, 12:20 AM
Evolved Member

I am looking to get a test pipe or high flow cat..... But from what I have read there aren't any test pipes worth buying.... I am just looking to run stock DP 3" test pipe and my 3" cat back. But I don't want a CEL. Any suggestions? Do highflow cats throw the CEL?
Old Feb 18, 2004, 02:09 PM
Evolved Member

Again,,,,

Do high flow cats throw a CEL

I to would like to know since Im about to get a UR high flow 2.5".

Thanks
Old Feb 18, 2004, 06:20 PM

Perrin makes an O2 simulator that you can wire in to fool your downstream O2 sensor. You will certainly not throw the CEL then!

When I put in my in my Perrin cat-back and cat delete, I acutally ran the car for over a week before I wired in the simulator. I never threw the CEL, but I'm sure it was only a matter of time.

J
Old Mar 7, 2004, 11:19 PM
Evolving Member

IF you are running the BR turbo back, and are getting a CEL,
contact Buschur and let them know. They are very willing to help out, and tend to be very genourous towards alternatives to fixing the problem.
Old Mar 8, 2004, 11:38 AM
Evolved Member

I have the UR 3"turbo back with test pipe and no CEL. If you don't "extend" your O2 sensor, you'll get a CEL.
Old Mar 8, 2004, 11:40 AM
Evolving Member

hmmm... never had a CEL since i installed everything.. except the EBC but that was quickly rectified by connecting the old wiring to the old solenoid... so no.. no cel with 3" dp, 2.75" Cat delete and 3" cat back..
Old Mar 9, 2004, 12:31 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by silvrevo
Again,,,,

Do high flow cats throw a CEL

I to would like to know since Im about to get a UR high flow 2.5".

Thanks
It's not as likely as a straight pipe would be, but there is still the possibility. Pretty rare though...

I have yet to run into a cell, I'm running BR 3" cat...
Old Mar 9, 2004, 12:38 PM
Evolved Member

i got a buscher intakes, randomtech highflow cat and turboXS catback.... whenever the weather changes i get a CEL...
Old Mar 10, 2004, 09:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Taking the 02 sensor completely out of the stream on the 2G DSM's worked, it doesn't work on the EVO.

The EVO is a complete PITA to get rid of the light on. We have tried quite a few things and still have them come on, in some cars.

Many of the highflow cats even set the light off. This makes little or no sense since all of the cats I have seen pass emmision tests on DSM's.

When we started the EVO project the first thing we did was wired in an 02 simulator. It didn't work for very long. We re-configured the simulator and it too worked only for a short time. We then built a special bung that limits the amount of exhaust the sensor sees, this has worked on the majority of the cars.

We have now gone back to the simulator and from what we have seen so far it has fixed the problem.

The simulator is $45 if you need it. For those of you with our systems with a highflow cat that you purchased FROM us call us and let us know what the code is you have. For those of you that bought the special offroad pipe with the long bung in it, call us and let us know the code. We will get you guys fixed.

For those of you that are interested in our systems that don't already have them. We ARE including the simulators with the offroad pipes at no additional charge.

This will hopefully, once and for all, eliminate the damn CEL on the EVO.

Thanks for reading,
David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Apr 14, 2004, 03:53 PM
Evolved Member

I have the RnR turboback along with thier test pipe. I had a CEL on for the longest time. I tried an O2 sim from perrin and it did nothing for me. I searched around on the boards and found a very simple, inexspensive fix. I just installed two 18mm spark plug non-foul adapters on my bung. You have to drill one of them out to a 1/2" so the sensor will fit. I have been close to 1500 miles so far and no more CEL!!!!!

Quick Reply: Do you have a CEL with cat or not? survey