Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Baro Press CEL and no Idle

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2010, 01:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Baro Press CEL and no Idle

I recently had my Evo tuned and got some nice numbers out of it. I have been happy thus far with the tune but there is the CEL that drives me insane. Its a P0069 CEL for Barometric Pressure. I was originally told it was my MAF so i did some testing and have no idea where to go from here. I tested a used, working MAF and the issue was still there. And I tested a brand new one from the dealership and same thing. So heres the issue, help if you can..

After sitting overnight and it being cold in PA the car will start fine, idle up to 2K rpms and then die out. I have to sit in my car, hold the clutch in and gas down at 2500 for until the car warms up. then it idles fine from there.. i really dont mind this routine but considering i have the AMS turn down as my exhaust my neighbors are ready to shoot me!!!

I have no idea where to look next so im asking the ppl of EvoM for tips.. one thing i did notice is that if you disconnect the cable to the maf and look into the plug there is some little blue thing in there.. I DONT have this and was wondering if this is my issue.. but idk im not an expert.lol
Old Jan 23, 2010, 10:28 PM
kpr
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Barometric Pressure sensor is in the MAF so your in the right area. If replacing the MAF doesnt fix it look at the wires for shorts etc.
Old Jan 23, 2010, 10:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I recently thru a p0069 out of the blue, and from what Ive found its either the map sensor or the maf. I dont have any issues (other than the cell), so I just turned that off via periphery, but you have symptoms, which would lead me to believe, that just turning it off via periphery wont actually "solve" the issue, just keep the cell off...

My .02, since you have replaced the maf, check the map sensor...