Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

need advice before tune

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2010, 06:24 AM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
most of my customers with a red on 93 do 430's in DLL which would be a little higher on a Dynojet, maybe 440-450 I'd guess.
Old Feb 1, 2010, 06:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by EvoLutionized8
400whp on DJ is cake with his setup. You have a good basis for whatever it is you are trying to do with the Red. If I had it to do all over again, and I started just about the same as you, I might have had all my stock stuff ported. Reasoning was, if I ever wanted to go bigger, which I am now, I could have either kept it for later, or sold it no problem. Why get a stock appearing turbo, unless you are trying to look stock, but get the very most out of it?? IMHO of course. If you run 93 + meth, then 880cc and single 255 fuel pump should be enough. definitely get some new plugs..

and Invidia O2 housings are kinda nice. I don't know where all the hate is coming from. I went with the Megan O2 (crap IMO), Invidia and then EPM... loved the EPM, but the Invidia was probably the best practical one of the three...

good luck, I think you are good to go. Get that tune and see what she's got... Post dyno once your done. would love to see the progress..
thanks, i will post the dyno sheet when i get tune, wont be for a month tho

anyways yes the invidia 02 housing is very nice the only way its coming out is for an 02 dump but i dont know if its worth it..

i'm def not running a meth kit but i want around 450whp "safely" on pump, thats why i'm trying to get all the bolt on's i can but i feel like i'm missing something?

guess i'll have to settle for less hp for now
Old Feb 1, 2010, 09:51 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bbyevo8u
thanks, i will post the dyno sheet when i get tune, wont be for a month tho

anyways yes the invidia 02 housing is very nice the only way its coming out is for an 02 dump but i dont know if its worth it..

i'm def not running a meth kit but i want around 450whp "safely" on pump, thats why i'm trying to get all the bolt on's i can but i feel like i'm missing something?

guess i'll have to settle for less hp for now

You aren't missing anything to get to a safe 450hp--

If you can make sure to get the upgraded wg actuator from fp, this will help you to touch almost 500hp on 93 pump as it will help boost from tapering off a bit.

Good luck with your project!!
Old Feb 1, 2010, 10:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i got the 18psi wga