Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Opinions/advice wanted on first motor build.....

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2010, 05:04 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Opinions/advice wanted on first motor build.....

Ok guys I will spare you from the history of my car.....I am building my 2.0 and running a standard GT35r with the stock maf.....this is my first build so I am looking for opinions on my setup/ advice on things to do improve on while its all apart.....motor should easily withhold what I want to throw at it.....with that said here is my parts list....also like to thank Map for the hookups....looking for 650awhp give or take on the corn....

-Brand New OEM 2.0 Crank
-Wiseco 1400hd Pistons .20 over
-Mapperformance Spec Rods
-ARP Studs/ACL Bearings/Timing Package,Water Pump,Oil pump,Gasket Kit
-Fresh Head
-GSC S2 Cams/Beehive Springs Retainers
-Intake Manifold and TB?
-GT35R/Slickmotorsports Manifold/Tial 44mm/HKS SSQV Recirc
-Hardpipes, Precision Intercooler
-FIC 1450's/ Dual Walbro Setup/ Fuel Rail/ FPR
-Shep Trans/Tcase/Exedy Triple Ceremetallic

I am also planning on the ams balance shaft eliminator kit and the Fluidampr....anything else im missing?.....any advice....it will probably be going to machine shop within the next 2 months.....I have most of my upgrades already sitting here waiting....Thanks everyone

First off I want to make clear I am not bent on the numbers.....I will be happy to have a smooth running, mechanically sound car.....

I have an upgraded FPR, Hallman BC, LC-1 which may or may not have died before I tore the car apart (was also thinking Zeitronix), I am semi-familiar with EVOscan and am planning on having Will help me when it comes time to tune, honeycomb was already almost digested at a little less than 30 psi, so its removed, I just added a COP to the list, I have either the 600 or 750hp intercooler(I think there is a 2inch difference in the height so I am unsure at this moment), and lastly I am starting to hear bad things about the old style magnus so I am undecided about the intake manifold and tb......hope that clears some things up

Last edited by DOUGLAS; Feb 23, 2010 at 12:49 AM.
Old Feb 3, 2010, 05:37 PM
Evolved Member

Good luck with the build.

Are you referring to 650whp on a specific type of dyno?
Old Feb 3, 2010, 06:05 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by red03evo
Good luck with the build.

Are you referring to 650whp on a specific type of dyno?
not really thats why I said give or take.....the turbo will start maxing out shortly after that if im correct....and Mellon is tuning my car so I have no idea when it will be on an actual Dyno.....thanks
Old Feb 3, 2010, 07:44 PM
Evolving Member

looks like a pretty solid build to me. good luck with it.
Old Feb 4, 2010, 11:08 AM
Evolving Member

thanks guys.....
Old Feb 11, 2010, 03:59 PM
Evolving Member

bump
Old Feb 11, 2010, 05:36 PM
Evolved Member

Looks very nice, think you have everything covered.
Old Feb 11, 2010, 05:46 PM
fre
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The only thing I would change is instead of 1450 I would go with 2150cc injectors, GST said they ran out of fuel on 1450s around 640whp. BTW, your going to love that clutch, awesome driveability and it should last a good 30K at least if not 40K.
Old Feb 11, 2010, 06:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
2150 sounds a bit over kill.....unless he was running E85.... 1600's would do for pump, but yes 2150's wouldn't run out of fuel.
Old Feb 11, 2010, 07:06 PM
Evolving Member

im going by what Mellon has told me.....1450's should be good for what I want....I have about 20,000 already on the clutch.....im not sure whether to rebuild it or not....
Old Feb 12, 2010, 06:26 AM
Account Disabled

twin walbro with pressure relief disabled, fuel rail & fic 1450cc is good enough for up to 700awhp using e85 on a dynojet, GST uses a mustang dyno so when he says 640awhp he's not talking about a dynojet.

you don't need an upgraded FPR but it won't hurt anything either.

what kind of boost controller?

what kind of wb02 kit? you'll need one that's compatible with evoscan like the lc-1 I have listed on my website.

you'll need to remove the honeycomb from the mas so it's not digested by the turbo

You probably need a COP for high boost on e85 and gap some NGK BPR8ES (one step colder) plugs to .020

what throttle body are you going to use with the Magnus?

what size precision intercooler are you going with?
Old Feb 12, 2010, 02:01 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Mellon Tuning
twin walbro with pressure relief disabled, fuel rail & fic 1450cc is good enough for up to 700awhp using e85 on a dynojet, GST uses a mustang dyno so when he says 640awhp he's not talking about a dynojet.

you don't need an upgraded FPR but it won't hurt anything either.

what kind of boost controller?

what kind of wb02 kit? you'll need one that's compatible with evoscan like the lc-1 I have listed on my website.

you'll need to remove the honeycomb from the mas so it's not digested by the turbo

You probably need a COP for high boost on e85 and gap some NGK BPR8ES (one step colder) plugs to .020

what throttle body are you going to use with the Magnus?

what size precision intercooler are you going with?

First off I want to make clear I am not bent on the numbers.....I will be happy to have a smooth running, mechanically sound car.....

I have an upgraded FPR, Hallman BC, LC-1 which may or may not have died before I tore the car apart (was also thinking Zeitronix), I am semi-familiar with EVOscan and am planning on having Will help me when it comes time to tune, honeycomb was already almost digested at a little less than 30 psi, so its removed, I just added a COP to the list, I have either the 600 or 750hp intercooler(I think there is a 2inch difference in the height so I am unsure at this moment), and lastly I am starting to hear bad things about the old style magnus so I am undecided about the intake manifold and tb......hope that clears somethings up
Old Feb 12, 2010, 02:29 PM
Account Disabled

ok, good info, sounds like you're on track
Old Feb 12, 2010, 02:43 PM
Evolving Member

any suggestions on the COP?......this spoolinup kit looks cheap enough for me .....but seriously any suggestions.....I am also just thinking about a ported stock intake manifold and millspec tb instead of the Magnus.....

http://www.szabaga.com/store/files/COP1.jpg
Old Feb 12, 2010, 02:57 PM
fre
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Teal2nnr
2150 sounds a bit over kill.....unless he was running E85.... 1600's would do for pump, but yes 2150's wouldn't run out of fuel.
Well they might be overkill, but I would rather have too large of injectors than too small. I am just a little biased as I have switched from 660 -> 880 -> 1150 now You never know what you might do in the future.

Quick Reply: Opinions/advice wanted on first motor build.....