Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Neonglh's new project - 2006 IX RS drag car, "Lana"

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2010, 03:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's been some slow times these past few weeks. I bought a house, so I have been focusing on settling in there, and I sold my red Evo that I did so well last year with. I should have Lana pretty much put back together next month, and then we can go from there. Stay tuned over the next few weeks for some great updates

--mark
Old Feb 28, 2010, 04:52 PM

Good looking car....can't wait to see what it does in it's new form
Old Feb 28, 2010, 05:52 PM
Evolved Member

Location: South Beach, FL / Miami, FL / Pt. St. Lucie, FL / NYC
I got to see this car in December before Brian sold it. This was a great chassis I wish I had to money for it. Good luck with it in 2010. And to you Brian hope to see you back on the drag strip soon
Old Feb 28, 2010, 05:57 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
good luck with the build...keep us updated
Old Mar 2, 2010, 07:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
very nice pick up and sounds like big plans for this season coming for apperance you dident list who made the carbon fiber covers on the front unless i missed it
Old Mar 2, 2010, 07:22 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by neonglh
It's been some slow times these past few weeks. I bought a house, so I have been focusing on settling in there, and I sold my red Evo that I did so well last year with. I should have Lana pretty much put back together next month, and then we can go from there. Stay tuned over the next few weeks for some great updates

--mark
Looking forward to it!
Old Mar 3, 2010, 04:04 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mrboost05
very nice pick up and sounds like big plans for this season coming for apperance you dident list who made the carbon fiber covers on the front unless i missed it
Indy did.

Good luck with the car. She's gonna be fast on any setup.
Old Mar 3, 2010, 04:21 PM
Evolved Member

Was the chasis acid dipped?
Old Mar 4, 2010, 02:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
moar pictars Mark.
Old Mar 6, 2010, 12:16 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by R/TErnie
moar pictars Mark.
I will get a bunch of pictures as soon as we get it up to the shop. It's in my storage facility now, but early this week we are going to trailer it up to the shop to drop in the new motor, the transfercase that Jon built for me, and then my Bushwacker tranny and Exedy triple out of the red car.

Austin@STM and I looked over the car pretty good today in the sunlight, and we found a bunch more weight to pull out. First of all, the car was set up with a full sized Honda battery in a legal Moroso battery box in the trunk with a cutoff switch and 4 ga. wire running from the back all the way to the front, ground and positive. I am just going to use one lightweight battery under the hood, so no need for that anymore, that should save at least 20 pounds.

Then, we looked under the carpet, and there is still sound deadening on the carpet itself, as well as the metal plate under the floor mat. Then, under the hood, there are still quite a few brackets and other random plastic items that will all be coming out.

When the car weighed light as hell for Brian, it had a scattershield and driveshaft loop. I don't have either one of those, and at least on the stock turbo I will not be running either of them, so that is a few more pounds there.

It currently has a black Evo 9 steering wheel, which are hard to find and very popular to buy in the Evo community, so I will be selling that and getting a lightweight Sparco wheel and hub. I beleive Brian had one in the car before, so this won't be new weight reduction, but it will be more from it is now, so that's a plus.

The car will, however, have working headlights, which were not on the car when it was very light, so I am hoping we can offset that system with the other weight loss, to get it around 2500 - 2550 pounds with me in it. That would be a good weight to rock gobs of power in :tup:

This week we should be able to get it up to the shop, and I am ABSOLUTELY planning on being ready in spring!

--mark
Old Mar 6, 2010, 12:19 PM
Evolved Member

Congrats.... Car is looking good
Old Mar 6, 2010, 12:23 PM
Evolved Member

Nice work Mark! I look forward to some scale pics and a big grin!
Old Mar 6, 2010, 12:53 PM
Evolved Member

As per R/TErnies request, here are some photos. Sorry for the quality, they are from my ****ty *** iPhone:

Exterior:

Under the car:

Interior/Cage:

Trunk:

Under the hood:

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck, this wire job won't be that fun

Something is missing here

More shots once I start to make some progress, get a better camera, and clean it up a bit!

--mark
Old Mar 6, 2010, 09:04 PM
Evolved Member

I will get a bunch of pictures as soon as we get it up to the shop. It's in my storage facility now, but early this week we are going to trailer it up to the shop to drop in the new motor, the transfercase that Jon built for me, and then my Bushwacker tranny and Exedy triple out of the red car.

Austin@STM and I looked over the car pretty good today in the sunlight, and we found a bunch more weight to pull out. First of all, the car was set up with a full sized Honda battery in a legal Moroso battery box in the trunk with a cutoff switch and 4 ga. wire running from the back all the way to the front, ground and positive. I am just going to use one lightweight battery under the hood, so no need for that anymore, that should save at least 20 pounds.

--mark
The only problem is once you go too fast you can't have a battery under the hood unless the track your racing at doesn't use NHRA rules. Just a thought...
Old Mar 6, 2010, 09:23 PM
Evolved Member

Then, we looked under the carpet, and there is still sound deadening on the carpet itself, as well as the metal plate under the floor mat. Then, under the hood, there are still quite a few brackets and other random plastic items that will all be coming out.

When the car weighed light as hell for Brian, it had a scattershield and driveshaft loop. I don't have either one of those, and at least on the stock turbo I will not be running either of them, so that is a few more pounds there.

It currently has a black Evo 9 steering wheel, which are hard to find and very popular to buy in the Evo community, so I will be selling that and getting a lightweight Sparco wheel and hub. I beleive Brian had one in the car before, so this won't be new weight reduction, but it will be more from it is now, so that's a plus.

The car will, however, have working headlights, which were not on the car when it was very light, so I am hoping we can offset that system with the other weight loss, to get it around 2500 - 2550 pounds with me in it. That would be a good weight to rock gobs of power in :tup:

This week we should be able to get it up to the shop, and I am ABSOLUTELY planning on being ready in spring!

--mark
Holy sh*t thats a list right there...good luck man...looking forward to the rest of the build....i like the new pics too....

Quick Reply: Neonglh's new project - 2006 IX RS drag car, "Lana"