Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

HDI Intercooler

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2010, 01:34 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just bought one locally from a member here. I'm happy with it. It's a beast compared to the stocker, and I got it at a great price. I'm not even using HDI's IC piping set, and with a little work, got it to fit great. I know the previous owner had to cut out a section of the front bumper in order to get it to fit. I just removed the duct for the oil cooler and it fit perfectly. I guess it's hit or miss with the LICP that you are running.

I give it a !
Old Feb 10, 2010, 01:45 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BoostIsMyDrug
I just bought one locally from a member here. I'm happy with it. It's a beast compared to the stocker, and I got it at a great price. I'm not even using HDI's IC piping set, and with a little work, got it to fit great. I know the previous owner had to cut out a section of the front bumper in order to get it to fit. I just removed the duct for the oil cooler and it fit perfectly. I guess it's hit or miss with the LICP that you are running.

I give it a !
What LICP do you have? I still have to buy one, the intercooler i got only had the UICP. i was gona get a NISEI LICP
Old Feb 10, 2010, 02:48 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by goad_white03
What LICP do you have? I still have to buy one, the intercooler i got only had the UICP. i was gona get a NISEI LICP
I have an AMS LICP. It's squeezed in there, but it fits.
Old Feb 10, 2010, 03:08 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BoostIsMyDrug

I give it a !
Im the previous owner of the intercooler. their intercooler piping kit that they offer was made for an evo 7 so i that is y i had to cut the bumper up, its also 2.75" piping. anyway i was able to make 486hp with this intercooler and never had a complaint, other then cutting up my bumper of course. glad ur enjoying it boost
Old Feb 10, 2010, 03:30 PM
Evolving Member

thanks
Old Feb 10, 2010, 03:41 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evoxsi
glad ur enjoying it boost
LOL, thanks man. I knew it was something, and that's why the front facia had to be modified. I didn't want to tell the OP that it would fit, only to have him run into issues upon install. For what it's worth, it looked hella mean on your car though with the cut-out. I think I might have to look for that 7 piping.
Old Feb 10, 2010, 05:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Whats up Justin! Pickin up parts for the EVO while abroad is definitely a good idea! Post up some pics of the intercooler so we can see what it actually looks like Be safe my friend, and try not to get to bored with that 12 on 12 off routine!
Old Feb 10, 2010, 06:12 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Fast_Freddie
Whats up Justin! Pickin up parts for the EVO while abroad is definitely a good idea! Post up some pics of the intercooler so we can see what it actually looks like Be safe my friend, and try not to get to bored with that 12 on 12 off routine!
Ya im buying them every 2 weeks. on the 1st ill be looking for an FP Red! Everything is being sent home so ill try and have someone send me pics of the intercooler.
Old Feb 14, 2010, 10:16 AM
Evolved Member

To the past 2 owners of this ic, did you both get tuned at cbrd? Did any of the guys at cbrd have any comments on this ic while they were tuning it? Any noticable heat soak?
Old Feb 15, 2010, 04:44 AM
Evolved Member

the only reason i got rid of mine was because i have a goal of 700hp and chad told me that if i got a garrett core i would b better off and pick up a few hp from the switch. he never said anything about heat soak to me, i just think that intercooler is better suited for 500hp and lower.
Old Feb 15, 2010, 05:16 AM
Evolving Member

Hey Justin i just bought a 6262 kit from ets so i wont need the licp anymore. If you want it pm me. I loved this intercooler when i had it but like i said AMS hooked me up with theres so i jumped at it. They tuned my car at 495 and never once told me I should go with a different intercooler. I never once had a problem with heat soak either and i dont baby my car haha
Old Feb 15, 2010, 05:17 AM
Evolving Member

oh and if i confused anyone this kit comes with a upper and lower intercooler pipes
Old Feb 15, 2010, 08:47 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by boosted91t
To the past 2 owners of this ic, did you both get tuned at cbrd? Did any of the guys at cbrd have any comments on this ic while they were tuning it? Any noticable heat soak?
the one client sold his to put our CBRD fmic on

cb
Old Feb 16, 2010, 03:08 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks guys
Old Feb 16, 2010, 06:07 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I have and HDI kit for the Evo7 on my Airtrek. Had to modify the pipe work abit, but fits nicely with some bumper cut outs. I can't do much of a comparison, as the Airtrek comes with a TMIC. I've had it for about 3 months now, no problems.