Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

I Reached my Goal! Next is the build!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2010, 06:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I Reached my Goal! Next is the build!

Hey everyone, I dont really know where to start off with this thread haha. I give you guys a little bit of a background. This is my third Evo i have owned. I bought a TB IX brand new off the showroom floor in 2006. In 2008, bought a 2003 LY Evo 8, and currently i have TB Evo IX. It seems crazy to have 3 Evos in 3 years but theres reasons for selling them and keep going back to them.

My goal that i have always wanted to do was build a Evo that would run 10s in the quarter mile, while still having full interior, full weight, stock block, and stock ecu. I wanted to run 10s in my Evo that is daily driven that i could take out the car whenever i want no matter what conditions were. Rain, snow, cold, blizzard, etc. In my first Evo i bought it was a bolt on car. Stock clutch, stock turbo, making 353whp on 27 pounds on 100 octane. I sold the Evo for a 2004 mustang cobra which i really regret doing. Month later i moved on into another Evo which was a 03 LY Evo. I modded that car into a GT3582 with all the works but still remaining stock block stock ECU. The car was a blast to drive and really moved out. I ran that car so many times at the track it was ridiculous haha. I never got my 10 second time slip. I was really close with a 11.04 at 127. I had plans to get back to the track with it but i got into some trouble with the car and i had to sell it. To this day i still miss that car. Heres a couple pics of it:

But i have moved on, the next spring after i got into another Evo IX. I bought the car mostly stock, with a few bolt ons. I didnt really get into the mdding right away i just saved some money for parts down the road. I just wanted to enjoy it for awhile then start the journey to meet my goal. A few months went by i started buying a bunch of things. To make it short the car went from almost stock to these mods and a couple pics:

Fp Red 80mm ported
JMF 02 Dump
AMS FMIC
AMS LICP
Tial Q
Tein S tech springs
7800cc Injectors
Strictly Modified fuel Rail
JMF Drag Intake Mani
Boomba TB
Coated and Ported Stock Exhaust Mani
Custom Intake
Custom 3" Exhaust
JDM Tails
Rota Torques
BFG Drag Radials
Kelford 272s cams
Supertech dual spring and retainers
Quartmaster Twin
All the bushings done
Tints
Stock Bottom End
Stock ECU
100 octane 27psi

The car went 10.83 at 126 with 1.53 60foot. I dont have the video for this pass but i do have the pass for my 10.86. It was a shock to run 10s after the past couple years of trying. The car feels amazing and runs perfect. I sat in line for 2 1/2 hours before making my first pass and that pass was the 10.86.
Heres the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q083QecpITO

My goal now is to have the car built before the Buschur Shootout. At the beginning of the season i might try to push the stock block and go for 10.30s on the red but it all depends. If everything goes well it should be done by then. It will be a fully built 2.0 on a Fp Black on AEM. I am going to update this thread with new parts and news when I start getting everything together. I know this was a long thread and it was my first one. I hope you guys liked and i wanted to share the experience with everyone.

I would like to thank Strictly Modified for there hardwork. They have been my performance shop for 3 years now and has been nothing but a bunch of knowledgeable and respectful group of guys. They will always have my business. My goal would have never been reached without them. Me and SM have a bunch planned for the upcomming months with my car will keep you guys posted. Thanks!!!
Old Feb 13, 2010, 07:09 PM
Evolved Member

Pretty good thread thus far. I look forward to hearing about your build along with any issues you may and hopefully wont run into. I plan on building my IX, but not sure if I want to go the Buschur route. Good luck with your build man.
Old Feb 13, 2010, 07:29 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks man I appreciate! Yea It will be a fun season man I hope everthing goes well. I will keep everyone updated. Good luck to u to on ur build.
Old Feb 13, 2010, 07:44 PM
Account Disabled

Good luck on your quest man , I cant wait for the 2010 season. We are gonna have some sick cars
Old Feb 13, 2010, 07:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Awesome build. A couple questions: You were absolutely full weight when you made ur 10.83 pass?
How much power where you making at the time?

This build looks kinda like mine just wondering. Great 60ft!
Old Feb 13, 2010, 07:52 PM
Evolved Member

Evokid03- Thanks man its gunna be a awesome season. I cant wait for our cars to get out at the track. Yea my car was full weight, the only thing i took out was the spare tire and the passenger seat. Other then those its full weight. The car was street tuned no idea what it makes but i plan on taking it to the dyno very soon. Hoping to break 500whp.
Old Feb 13, 2010, 07:55 PM
Evolved Member

cool. good luck.
Old Feb 13, 2010, 07:58 PM

congrats on the pass. i have a question kinda off topic .... do you like the red more than the t3 base that was on your yellow evo?
Old Feb 13, 2010, 08:45 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks man! I liked the 35r but to be honest i like the Red a lot more. I like the spool and the turbo performs amazing. For a stock frame turbo its crazy. I prefer the red.
Old Feb 14, 2010, 09:39 AM

cool cool another off topic question do you have any idle issues with the tial?
Old Feb 14, 2010, 09:42 AM
Evolving Member

Nice
Old Feb 14, 2010, 09:45 AM

wow that is good for a stock setup like yours
Old Feb 14, 2010, 10:18 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by foxmr
cool cool another off topic question do you have any idle issues with the tial?

No i do not have any idle issues with the Tial.
Old Feb 14, 2010, 10:23 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by sysek
wow that is good for a stock setup like yours

Thanks man! Yea i tried to keep it simple and stock looking as possible. This season it will look different going to change a few things
Old Feb 14, 2010, 11:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Thats pretty sick, such a huge transition.