Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Another 700+whp build...But this one is mine:)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2010, 08:21 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm going to run e85 90% of the time. There is 1 pump that has it in my immediate area but a good many with in 30 miles.
Old Feb 18, 2010, 08:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice choice on parts for the build! Although I do think it would be cool if you could do it on the stock ecu, but there's nothing wrong with AEM.
Old Feb 18, 2010, 08:49 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by RAbishi
Nice choice on parts for the build! Although I do think it would be cool if you could do it on the stock ecu, but there's nothing wrong with AEM.
After seeing the things that have been done with the stock ecu im sure it could be done. Having the stock ecu isnt a goal or necessity for me though and im sure at SOME point it would limit me eventually so when i got a good deal on the AEM i jumped on it.
Old Feb 18, 2010, 09:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
sounds like its going to be a solid setup are setups are just alike other the the clutch intake manifold and the aem after dealing with emissions with my turbo honda in md i just decided its best to stay stock ecu with the evo there is a good bit of us in md that plan on having 650+ builds my cars at precision psi right now.
Old Feb 19, 2010, 05:35 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mrboost05
sounds like its going to be a solid setup are setups are just alike other the the clutch intake manifold and the aem after dealing with emissions with my turbo honda in md i just decided its best to stay stock ecu with the evo there is a good bit of us in md that plan on having 650+ builds my cars at precision psi right now.
Thanks man, need to plan a MD get together when it gets warm.
Old Feb 19, 2010, 09:40 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by awd2gen
Thanks man, need to plan a MD get together when it gets warm.
i am game i am eastorn shore but would love to make a trip over have you decided on where your going to get tuned at ? alot of good shops around cbrd is close but i have also been thinking turbo trix they where at every race i went to last year and i kinda like the idea of having my turner on the scene with me.
Old Feb 19, 2010, 12:36 PM
Evolving Member

Brad Brooks will be tunning. www.brookstuned.com hes amazing with aem and stock ecu. If you check out his website you can see some of the things hes tuned including a 1017whp dsm. He has awesome rates. If your in MD i would suggest him hands down with out a second thought. He has tuned alot in the supra community also.
Old Feb 21, 2010, 08:48 AM
Evolved Member

thanks for the link and where are you getting tuned by him at ? i see some of the Affiliate dyno shops he uses ive been to tempest shop before and isp once i think.
Old Feb 21, 2010, 08:50 AM
Evolving Member

looks like a solid build...cant wait for track times and dyno #s
Old Feb 21, 2010, 11:11 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mrboost05
thanks for the link and where are you getting tuned by him at ? i see some of the Affiliate dyno shops he uses ive been to tempest shop before and isp once i think.
Hey man hes going to be doing mine at ISP(infinite speed and performance). They have a awd dynojet. get in touch with him and let him know i referred you. He has good prices and good guy.
Old Feb 21, 2010, 11:11 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by nyquil2
looks like a solid build...cant wait for track times and dyno #s
You and me both.
Old Feb 21, 2010, 11:41 AM
Evolving Member

Haven't seen you around I don't think... I'm in the Frederick area, Woodsboro actually. id like to check it out the car when she's up and running, especially the results from brad brooks, heard good stuff about him from many people, and the 6262.
Old Feb 21, 2010, 05:05 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Shizzle
Haven't seen you around I don't think... I'm in the Frederick area, Woodsboro actually. id like to check it out the car when she's up and running, especially the results from brad brooks, heard good stuff about him from many people, and the 6262.
I think ive actually seen you before on 194. Friend of mine lives over that way. we did a gte swap in his IS300 over the summer. I live like 10 min from woodsboro. Been working on getting the fuel system all done this week, hopefully finish tomorrow.
Old Feb 21, 2010, 05:15 PM
Evolving Member

Good sh*t, I'll hopefully be getting the black and other bolt-ons ready to go... but the car seriously need's paint.
Old Feb 21, 2010, 06:09 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by awd2gen
After seeing the things that have been done with the stock ecu im sure it could be done. Having the stock ecu isnt a goal or necessity for me though and im sure at SOME point it would limit me eventually so when i got a good deal on the AEM i jumped on it.
Yes I agree with you, and for the price of an AEM EMS they are really hard to beat. I run one in my mr2.

Quick Reply: Another 700+whp build...But this one is mine:)