Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

UICP and LICP

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2010, 10:20 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i am wondering the same but from reading the past few posts it seems like a great idea, these licp seem really expensive for just piping, i am thinking about just buying the pipe and having my friend who does this fab one up. any input on if thats a good idea? it would be cheaper and i dont see anything besides a name making it any different.
Old Feb 18, 2010, 10:29 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Dre1189
i am wondering the same but from reading the past few posts it seems like a great idea, these licp seem really expensive for just piping, i am thinking about just buying the pipe and having my friend who does this fab one up. any input on if thats a good idea? it would be cheaper and i dont see anything besides a name making it any different.
If hes a good fabricator theres no reason he can't make it just as good as anyone else.
Old Feb 18, 2010, 10:34 PM
Evolving Member

there is alot of R&D in those pipes to make them flow the way they do. I think that is what you are mostly paying for. The way the reducers expand and contract and over how long a distance, diameter of the pipe, bend, couplers... It all factors in and takes a ton of testing and retrying and spending money on the manufacturers end

That cost gets past to the customer, but you also have a good product.

I personally do not run the ETS LICP but I love it. ETS makes a very nice product and I believe they have been proved to flow the best. Plus they are very affordable, so are their intercoolers and such
Old Feb 19, 2010, 08:14 AM

do you have to get a tune for this upgrade?
Old Feb 19, 2010, 09:15 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
The lower pipe will be your main performance gain. We have dyno numbers showing 12-18whp gain over stock using our LP2.

The upper pipe is designed to eliminate the flex and expanding of the stock rubber hose. The expanding stock rubber hose has a tendency to pop off under decent boost pressure. The stock hose will also become brittle over time.

The short route upper pipe is designed for weight savings by using a mini battery, you won't see an increase in power from the stock route vs the short route. The stock route is designed for the guy wanting a daily driver who may have an upgraded stereo system or wants the reliability of being able to leave the car in the "ON" position for a long period of time or letting the car sit for a long period of time without having to recharge the battery.

Any other questions, let me know!

Thanks,

Michael
Old Feb 19, 2010, 10:28 AM

Everyone is mentioning that LICP is the way to go. That would definitely be my next mod.

Last edited by EVOlute GSR; Feb 19, 2010 at 11:10 AM.