Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

How much HP from Porting FP Red

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2010, 07:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by yahu
I was told not to port. Porting will come later with some [hopefully] other goodies that add powah! Looking forward to seeing how Mikey's comes out!

What up, Rock!

chilling chilling you saw the new manifold right?? ya port the fp black player lol. mine ported enjoying its time in the box lol
Old Feb 21, 2010, 07:56 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by yahu
I was told not to port. Porting will come later with some [hopefully] other goodies that add powah! Looking forward to seeing how Mikey's comes out!

What up, Rock!
We will know in just a few weeks Dan, just a few more weeks. If we decide to do it at English you want to mob down with Eric and I? I hope I can get Eric to come

Mikey
Old Feb 21, 2010, 07:58 PM
Evolved Member

you been pmed the info yahu i dont know if i told you i thought i did about it must of forgot you sorry man your usually one of the first to see whats new. Mikey im sure whatever you do to your evo will be great i mean you have already 535whp thats crazy in itself and your custom o2 LOL!!!
Old Feb 21, 2010, 07:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would like to know this as well! I got an FP red thats not installed yet and also what mods would you need to run with it ported if anything?
Old Feb 21, 2010, 08:02 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Brokenevo
I would like to know this as well! I got an FP red thats not installed yet and also what mods would you need to run with it ported if anything?
nothing special man lol just a turbo upgrade what are you trying to get out of it. is the real question then i can give you a mod list according to that
Old Feb 21, 2010, 08:04 PM
Evolved Member

Mikey im sure whatever you do to your evo will be great i mean you have already 535whp thats crazy in itself and your custom o2 LOL!!!
535... I hope to get a lot more here shortly. I'm sure i can break 550 the next time I'm at the dyno. I really want to see where this Red stops making power. Thanks for your support, hope you are not knocking my orgasmic 02

Originally Posted by Brokenevo
You don't need anything. Just take off your manifold and get someone to port the hotside and gasket match it with the manifold. Also clean up the post turbine area too.

Mikey
Old Feb 21, 2010, 08:14 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BLKCarbonEVO
535... I hope to get a lot more here shortly. I'm sure i can break 550 the next time I'm at the dyno. I really want to see where this Red stops making power. Thanks for your support, hope you are not knocking my orgasmic 02

You don't need anything. Just take off your manifold and get someone to port the hotside and gasket match it with the manifold. Also clean up the post turbine area too.

Mikey
Most wanted got 631 (fp red record) so if your not over that then your not close LOL
Old Feb 21, 2010, 08:43 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RockmanX
Most wanted got 631 (fp red record) so if your not over that then your not close LOL
You also have to remember I'm on stock motor Ryu holds that record of 590, that's all I'll say about that...

Mikey
Old Feb 21, 2010, 08:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Most Wanted's record was achieved with a fully built longblock, me thinks and I don't know what ECU, and what octane?? Mikey's effort is gonna be on an unbuttoned stock longblock and he still has HKS wimpy cams. Both Most wanted and Mikey are each worthy of note IMO.
Old Feb 21, 2010, 08:50 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by sparky
Most Wanted's record was achieved with a fully built longblock, me thinks and I don't know what ECU, and what octane?? Mikey's effort is gonna be on an unbuttoned stock longblock and he still has HKS wimpy cams. Both Most wanted and Mikey are each worthy of note IMO.
Thanks for the kind words sparky. Ya most wanted was a fully built long block. I don't know the ECU either but I would assume AEM and Q16 for fuel. Yes I still have crappy cams. I could gain an easy 30hp if I upgrade my damn cams!

Mikey
Old Feb 21, 2010, 08:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Yeah, and the race ported head is worth about 15 WHP as well...in addition to the higher static compression ratio, and etc. Good Luck!
Old Feb 21, 2010, 09:01 PM
Evolved Member

We will see what I put down next time I go to the dyno. If I don't get close to Ryu I call BS on TTP's dyno because I have a lot more mods than Ryu does... We just have to wait and see.

Mikey
Old Feb 21, 2010, 09:40 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RockmanX
nothing special man lol just a turbo upgrade what are you trying to get out of it. is the real question then i can give you a mod list according to that
Im going to stay stock internals, except ARP rod bolts! I got an FR red with 800cc injectors and bigger fuel rail, will have TB exhaust with AMS dp, tp and AP cat back. Im looking for solid 400WHP. I know I want to port the E/M as well, but i didnt know we needed to have a matched ex mani gasket to match, i suppose thats smart though!

Originally Posted by BLKCarbonEVO

Mikey

only people I know now thats porting is Grimmspeed. do they also port turbos? or who do you know that has good rep for porting turbos? I would love to port the I/M E/M and the throttle body
Old Feb 21, 2010, 09:44 PM
Evolved Member

Judge Racing or PPI are pretty rep

Mikey
Old Feb 21, 2010, 09:48 PM
Evolved Member

where are they out of? do they also do the manifolds and such? got the web sites also?

Quick Reply: How much HP from Porting FP Red