Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

How much HP from Porting FP Red

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2010, 10:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by yahu
BTW - did Eric ever mention it would be 25 MD whp? Does he even have access to one?
No, R/T never mentioned a MD! It was just me trying to put him out on a limb! LOL. I would kinda like to place a bet on this. But, then again I would probably lose my money.

Mikey and I are friends and if I can be of any help in their quest for power, then I am at their service. I want one of R/T Ernie's O2 housings as IMO it is the only design worth a damn. Impressive looking kit!
Old Feb 22, 2010, 10:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Well none of us are in the business to lose money. most of us don't have any to lose.

I think having the cams I do, will be the biggest negative thing towards the porting. I have the money to upgrade but I don't want to upgrade because a larger cam will give me more tq that I don't want on the stock motor. We are trying to keep the tq as low as we can so we can make up for it up top with hp. However when I do my engine build in a few weeks I will be putting S2Rs in or FP5Rs. I can't seem to decide between the two...

Mikey
Old Feb 22, 2010, 10:42 PM
Evolved Member

what kind of motor mikey
Old Feb 22, 2010, 10:46 PM
Evolved Member

10:1 2.4L 156mm Long Rod. Still putting together the build. Waiting to hear Aaron's inputs on all the technical stuff...

Mikey
Old Feb 22, 2010, 10:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You want to borrow S2s for a couple hours if I go that route?

No worries Sparky, I was literally just wondering if MD was mentioned and I missed it.
Old Feb 22, 2010, 10:57 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
nice, a 2.4 is the best of both worlds. you can still rev high and make good power. I would have went with a 2.0 or 2.4, but i jumped the gun. but the 2.3 is still decent from what Ive seen so far on my car.

not hitting boost until 6k is just as bad as being stuck at 15 imo
Old Feb 22, 2010, 10:57 PM
Evolved Member

^ Honestly I thought about it... Aaron may even hook it up on Labor just because of the goal we are shooting for and my cams are holding me back. Also once my car is off the dyno they are taking the motor out anyway. I would do it if you don't care and Aaron doesnt However I'm not sure if my stock springs will work... They would prob be okay to 7-7.5k That would be a good question for Aaron.

Mikey
Old Feb 22, 2010, 10:59 PM
Evolved Member

Well if it works out it works out. Aaron being the man and all, if he says let's do it then I'm there!
Old Feb 22, 2010, 11:06 PM
Evolved Member

Well if it works out it works out. Aaron being the man and all, if he says let's do it then I'm there!
Sweet **** dude. One team, one fight, all for one goal

Mikey
Old Feb 22, 2010, 11:10 PM
Evolved Member

I'll send him an email and get the ball rolling on my side. Keep us safe out there catching them bullets. Don't let the Spearmint or the Rhinos out!
Old Feb 22, 2010, 11:12 PM
Former Sponsor

also i forgot to mention, but when i had my 16g ported they also ported the manifold to match the port job, that should have been mentioned.
Old Feb 22, 2010, 11:17 PM
Evolved Member

I'll send him an email and get the ball rolling on my side. Keep us safe out there catching them bullets. Don't let the Spearmint or the Rhinos out!
Okay sounds good Dan. Maybe I'll just take off work two days and we can go down Wednesday and Thursday. I need to talk with Eric too and work things out there. Thank god there are not terrorist in NV that I know of but I'll watch my back... "The Hills Have Eyes"

Originally Posted by tscompusa
also i forgot to mention, but when i had my 16g ported they also ported the manifold to match the port job, that should have been mentioned.
Yes that will be done too! We will port as far as the grinder will reach is my guess what Eric will do. I think there are two spots on the manifold that are a bit tight...

Mikey
Old Feb 22, 2010, 11:17 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by BLKCarbonEVO
^ Honestly I thought about it... Aaron may even hook it up on Labor just because of the goal we are shooting for and my cams are holding me back. Also once my car is off the dyno they are taking the motor out anyway. I would do it if you don't care and Aaron doesnt However I'm not sure if my stock springs will work... They would prob be okay to 7-7.5k That would be a good question for Aaron.

Mikey
well you're lucky you live near ER, they are excellent at tuning from the numbers ive seen them produce on various setups, and well versed with the stock ecu and all its mods

Honestly i feel no diff on my 2.3 from my stock 2.0, but maybe i was expecting to much? lol... it revs fast as hell, but thats all i noticed so far. the 2.4 prob revs even faster.

i still get the compressor surge, or whatever the flutter is if you try to go wot at a low load, i figured a fully built motor / head, intake mani , aggressive cams would have taken care of that but i guess not.

what are you guys trying to do record wise with your car?
Old Feb 22, 2010, 11:21 PM
Evolved Member

^which BOV do you have? I have some flutter in certain situations but that is due to my TiAL spring being too much for my vacuum.
Old Feb 22, 2010, 11:24 PM
Evolved Member

well you're lucky you live near ER, they are excellent at tuning from the numbers ive seen them produce on various setups, and well versed with the stock ecu and all its mods
I am very thankful for ER. Lucas and Aaron are great guys and exstremely smart. They go much furthur out of the way to take care of their customers than a lot of other shops do!

Honestly i feel no diff on my 2.3 from my stock 2.0, but maybe i was expecting to much? lol... it revs fast as hell, but thats all i noticed so far. the 2.4 prob revs even faster.
Well your built motor has less rotational mass that the stock 2.0L There are a view different varible that allow for faster rev! You can't tell the tq difference?
i still get the compressor surge, or whatever the flutter is if you try to go wot at a low load, i figured a fully built motor / head, intake mani , aggressive cams would have taken care of that but i guess not.
On the Black you do? I do but only in 5th on the interstate. I have to be above 4k for me to be surge FREE...

what are you guys trying to do record wise with your car?
We have our own numbers in our head but we will see if we get there! I don't want to throw numbers out on the forum.

Mikey

Quick Reply: How much HP from Porting FP Red