Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

INLINE RACING -2.0l MOTOR BUILD w/ PICS

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2011, 10:42 AM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
nice, can't wait to see what it can do. you ought to run an aem log through virtual dyno, it's a free download in the tuning section of my site and compares to dynojet or mustangs if you choose to do so.
Old Jan 4, 2011, 02:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mellon Tuning
nice, can't wait to see what it can do. you ought to run an aem log through virtual dyno, it's a free download in the tuning section of my site and compares to dynojet or mustangs if you choose to do so.
Chris,
thats a great idea! i wasnt sure i could use VDR w/ the AEM Logs. That would help out alot, because the front facing turbo acts totally different on the street in higher gears/mph. Something you can't duplicate on a dyno. The AFR and even the boost changed alot. 90% of the tune was done on the dyno... and the rest had to be dialed in on the street to compensate for the ram effect. I'll mess w/ the VDR that you guys have to see if i can get it to work. I never paid attention to the aem logger to see if it shows the sampled log time in seconds. I know it obviously logs RPM.

Thanks bud!

-Tom
Old Jan 4, 2011, 02:25 PM
Account Disabled

yeah the FF setup is badass, one of these days I'll get to your level maybe hehe
Old Jan 4, 2011, 03:38 PM
Evolved Member

yeah the FF setup is badass, one of these days I'll get to your level maybe hehe
Texas... No A/C... its definately got its ups/downs

I blame you and Huy for giving me a taste of "fast" back when i had the 35r, lol...
Old Jan 5, 2011, 08:15 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by TakaseEVOIXSE
Texas... No A/C... its definately got its ups/downs

I blame you and Huy for giving me a taste of "fast" back when i had the 35r, lol...
those where the days when you had traction
Old Jan 6, 2011, 09:17 AM
Evolved Member

UPDATE!!!!!!!!

so i was desperate to see some number after we road tuned for higher boost. Previously I did about 664whp on 32psi on a dyno dynamics over at Hennessey Performance. I ran out of spring pressure on my wastegates so we had to stop. I swapped to higher pressure springs and was able to raise boost to 39-40psi and the car was simply ridiculous on the street. It spun all 4 tires and slid over to the next lane in 3rd gear!
Anyways, we dynoed at a nearby Mustang Dyno facility (JTRAN) and first baseline at the same boost was nearly identical at 667whp on same 32psi. We kept raising it up and adding timing back in and broke 700 easily. Pushed to 39/40psi at the end and bam 802.7 whp !!!! Extremely happy w/ the results! I am posting the dynograph in the tuning section under INLINE RACING evo build

-Tom
Old Jan 6, 2011, 10:01 AM
Evolving Member

great job guys this is a long time coming glad you reached your goal now to take it to the track and hopfully get some traction and good times
Old Jan 6, 2011, 10:21 AM
Evolved Member

here is the link to the dynograph in the tuning section...

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...ml#post8967147
Old Jan 6, 2011, 10:26 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by L@Ncer06
great job guys this is a long time coming glad you reached your goal now to take it to the track and hopfully get some traction and good times

yeah, there was alot of sweat/blood poured into this build... especially since the shop owner was adamant about making all of his own parts and testing. not to mention this shop was pretty busy w/ customer evo builds at the same time. I know Jorge/JMS feels me on this one, lol! Now that half of the equation is done... hopefully traction is on our side and we can join the 9 sec club soon.
Old Jan 6, 2011, 12:14 PM
Account Disabled

800awhp on a mustang is wild, I wonder if that's a stingy one like buschurs or not, regardless that's no slouch my friend. It really likes the high rpm.
Old Jan 6, 2011, 02:04 PM
Evolved Member

800awhp on a mustang is wild, I wonder if that's a stingy one like buschurs or not, regardless that's no slouch my friend. It really likes the high rpm.
man, Chris... i took it to 10,100 rpm on the aem logger and it just wants to keep pulling. I swear if i had the ***** to rev it to 11,000 i bet it would keep going. But i dont!
I need to post the boost log when i can get to my laptop

as low as Buschur's? i doubt it... nothing is, lol...
but my friend you met Yousef(yoshi) on his HTA86 made 675-680whp on this same dyno and trapped 140mph.
I think you did 705whp on a dynojet if im not mistaken w/ the same turbo and same trap speed. So if anything... i think its just a lil' bit lower. But not AS low as buschur's.

-Tom
Old Jan 6, 2011, 02:15 PM
Account Disabled

man, Chris... i took it to 10,100 rpm on the aem logger and it just wants to keep pulling. I swear if i had the ***** to rev it to 11,000 i bet it would keep going. But i dont!
I need to post the boost log when i can get to my laptop

as low as Buschur's? i doubt it... nothing is, lol...
but my friend you met Yousef(yoshi) on his HTA86 made 675-680whp on this same dyno and trapped 140mph.
I think you did 705whp on a dynojet if im not mistaken w/ the same turbo and same trap speed. So if anything... i think its just a lil' bit lower. But not AS low as buschur's.

-Tom
yeah I saw 705awhp on a dynojet without correction in 95* weather and trapped 139.80 lifting to shift and spinning. Looking forward to seeing the boost plot.
Old Jan 6, 2011, 02:33 PM
Evolved Member

yeah I saw 705awhp on a dynojet without correction in 95* weather and trapped 139.80 lifting to shift and spinning. Looking forward to seeing the boost plot.
man, and now w/ your new high CR motor, im sure it'll be even more of a handfull!
Hell, im still in awe of that 135mph on 93 octane you did a while back, LOL!!
And not to mention Aaron's crazy pumpgas numbers... you guys got skills.
Old Jan 6, 2011, 02:36 PM
Account Disabled

man, and now w/ your new high CR motor, im sure it'll be even more of a handfull!
Hell, im still in awe of that 135mph on 93 octane you did a while back, LOL!!
And not to mention Aaron's crazy pumpgas numbers... you guys got skills.
yeah I got lucky with that one, I only made 3 passes at the track on that setup...most nights we're lucky to get 1 pass hahah it sucks! I did 130mph lifting to shift the weekend before on the very same tune. Powershifting gave me 5mph at 705awhp I don't see any problem doing 145mph if I had traction and powershifted.
Old Jan 6, 2011, 03:31 PM

here it is chris

Quick Reply: INLINE RACING -2.0l MOTOR BUILD w/ PICS