Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

brian crower valvesprings?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2010, 02:33 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JohnBradley
GSC and the FP Beehives reuse the stock retainers so it keeps the price down.
yes and gsc have a chro-molly retainer option that is still the same price i have seen as bc. well if the broken spring you have are crower springs then theyre not bc right? are yours bc or crower?
Old Mar 4, 2010, 02:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 70 Likes on 52 Posts
He has his story I have mine.

I know what I was told by CROWER about the BCs.

They came out of a BC box.

I have an invoice showing they are BCs.

If they are CROWER I would be very interested in knowing how they got there. Dustin is the employee I dealt with a year ago and I would assume would like to get to the bottom of this as well. I know that I put in other springs at the time and wont go back to BC anyway regardless of whether they were BC or Crower.

I am not blind, I know the red and white box with the tree sticker in it is not CROWER.

Aaron
Old Mar 4, 2010, 06:04 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by dustin213
The picture posted is a CROWER spring and retainer not a BC.
your spring is dull in color compared to that correct? Or darker I mean.
Old Mar 4, 2010, 06:11 PM
Evolved Member

i guess i will knock on wood..20k miles on them. i rev to 8k about once a week or so.
Old Mar 5, 2010, 06:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The thing is he bought them some time back. He plans on running cosworth M2 cams with these springs. I told him that I have not read anything bad about them but then I have not read of anyone using them. Like most of BC stuff after seperating from daddy its hit and miss. I would not trust my car to his products.
Old Mar 5, 2010, 06:54 AM
Evolving Member

My bc product had bc writing on them. I haven't had any problems with it many miles with many 8500 shifts.

Old Mar 5, 2010, 08:34 AM
Evolving Member

i have had these installed for over a year and a half. i have 25,000 on mine and i have M3 cams. i rev to 9000 and i have never had any issues
Old Mar 5, 2010, 08:47 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
These are the only springs other than stock (DSM not Evo) I have ever had break. The thing is use at your own risk though obviously. Even if they had warrantied them after a break would you put them back in? What if it had sucked a valve, I know who pays for that. i have pulled them out of pretty much all our customers cars since I dont trust them anymore.

The long list of fail from that company really leads me to think that if you cant trust a stroker assembly, cams, or valvesprings, its probably best to look to known good products for the Evo.

Maybe the BC stuff works better in non-Mitsus?

Aaron
i got the bc springs and retainers in my civic and i take it up to 9k quite a bit. but after seeing that picture i am in complete shock.also they came in a red box an had a green christmas tree air freshner stick and a red box sticker and both had bc on them. the retainers have bc on them as well. from that pic that looks like the bc no crower cause me and buddy just put some crowers in his car.

Last edited by need_an_evo; Mar 5, 2010 at 08:50 AM.
Old Mar 5, 2010, 10:59 AM
Former Sponsor

see the difference in color?

We have been installing BC stuff for years with no issues....
Old Mar 5, 2010, 11:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 70 Likes on 52 Posts
I am not really going to discuss this too much. I know that the color isnt going to change terribly much but you posted a new spring versus one that was ran for 12k. I know what box it came out of, I have the receipt, etc.

CROWER told me that there was a possibility however remote that it was theirs because they had sold some to BC as an initial run until the BC "spec" springs were done. Simple fact remains I dont think that the product meets my requirements, I will not sell it, nor recommend them.

In the interests of keeping a peaceful community and the fact that BC is not a vendor here I will discontinue posting that picture. This was really done and over a year ago when I switched to FPs and went another 15k doing the same exact things I had done on the stockers without issue. My car now has Kiggly's in it since between cams and revs the FPs wouldnt be up to the task.

BC has offered to make it right at this point which was all I was ever after.

Aaron
Old Mar 5, 2010, 03:24 PM

:thumbsup:
Old Mar 5, 2010, 03:38 PM
Evolved Member

Ive had the bc springs for about 15k now and run them to 8k without issue. soon i will b taking them closer to 9k. infact i just had my valvcover off and everything looked great. even if they were bc springs that broke, thats one set out of how many sold. no matter what u buy and how good quality control is there will always b some that have issues.